Call me crazy, but I actually like the C7 rear! - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
TheSwift1
DC Crew

Member #13141

Call me crazy, but I actually like the C7 rear!

Yeah, that's right... I know I may be in the minority with this, but I'll just bite the bullet and say it. I actually like the new rear end. I like the sculptured taillights. I think the taillights are a natural evolution from the aged design of a regular lens cover. I see more and more cars using a 3D effect on the lens which, I'm assuming is a product of styling and engineering/manufacturing/cost breakthroughs. What you also see more is the use of LED's to create a red "line" or "outline" around the turn signal/backup lights, which looks awesome! Our 2013 Fusion uses this. I'm hoping they do the same with the C7. This is where they can do great, or really mess it up. If they go cheap and use crappy looking materials, then it'll look like an aftermarket add-on, and will look bad. But if they get it right... then let's just say I'm sure there will be a lot of naysayers changing their mind.

Some of you guys think that the taillights don't pay enough homage to the Corvette bloodline. I beg to differ. I really think it's an evolution to the classic "4 pc" taillights. They are still providing the look of 4 separate, sculptured lights, but doing so in 2 separate taillight assemblies. If they want to keep up with the times, they can't continue to use the exact same design forever. Change it up, see how people embrace it, and if it's a success, go with it. And that's what they're doing. Just as they eventually had to get rid of the pop-up headlights. And while it's similar to the Camaro, to me it's different enough to not cry about it. It's kind of an evolution/more sophisticated version of the Camaro concept. And if they're are slight similarities, why should it be a big deal! They're from the same family!

Here's an interesting tidbit I didn't notice until these new crop of pics popped up. If you look closely, you'll notice elements of the Corvette emblem in the rear end. Take a look at the slanting form of the taillights as they form the top of the V, sloping inward, meeting the v in the valence, and finally ending at the exhaust area.

I love the new rear lower valence design. I always thought the C6 valence looked like an afterthought... Like they didn't know where to stick the backup lights and just stuck them there. It looked cheap. A "real" valence is designed to contribute to downforce of the rear end. I know the valence in the C6 is a far stretch from the "real" valence of a Ferrari, but if you're gonna put a "faux" valence on a sports car, at least make it look like a functional one! I think they did much better in this dept with the C7. The thin light strip doesn't bother my eyes as much, since they blend in much better. I do hope, however, that they keep that area black (wishful thinking, carbon fiber), and not body color.

Right on GM!

Let the bashing begin...

TheSwift1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)
1994 Dark Metallic Red Coupe, 1989 Bright Red Coupe, 1986 Black Coupe

Oh man, are you in for a long day...
bkuper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas
http://www.gff.com/

1994 LT1 Coupe (broken and sold)
1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
1986 L98 Coupe (bone yard)
The Following User Says Thank You to bkuper For This Useful Post:
Z06Fiend (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
mbwalker

Member #7872

My Corvette(s)
96 LT4 sold, 04 sold, 08 flooded (RIP), 09

Might as well post this now...

Longtimer ===>>>
mbwalker is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
alexandro777
DC Crew

Member #20294

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwift1 View Post
Yeah, that's right... I know I may be in the minority with this, but I'll just bite the bullet and say it. I actually like the new rear end. I like the sculptured taillights. I think the taillights are a natural evolution from the aged design of a regular lens cover. I see more and more cars using a 3D effect on the lens which, I'm assuming is a product of styling and engineering/manufacturing/cost breakthroughs. What you also see more is the use of LED's to create a red "line" or "outline" around the turn signal/backup lights, which looks awesome! Our 2013 Fusion uses this. I'm hoping they do the same with the C7. This is where they can do great, or really mess it up. If they go cheap and use crappy looking materials, then it'll look like an aftermarket add-on, and will look bad. But if they get it right... then let's just say I'm sure there will be a lot of naysayers changing their mind.

Some of you guys think that the taillights don't pay enough homage to the Corvette bloodline. I beg to differ. I really think it's an evolution to the classic "4 pc" taillights. They are still providing the look of 4 separate, sculptured lights, but doing so in 2 separate taillight assemblies. If they want to keep up with the times, they can't continue to use the exact same design forever. Change it up, see how people embrace it, and if it's a success, go with it. And that's what they're doing. Just as they eventually had to get rid of the pop-up headlights. And while it's similar to the Camaro, to me it's different enough to not cry about it. It's kind of an evolution/more sophisticated version of the Camaro concept. And if they're are slight similarities, why should it be a big deal! They're from the same family!

Here's an interesting tidbit I didn't notice until these new crop of pics popped up. If you look closely, you'll notice elements of the Corvette emblem in the rear end. Take a look at the slanting form of the taillights as they form the top of the V, sloping inward, meeting the v in the valence, and finally ending at the exhaust area.

I love the new rear lower valence design. I always thought the C6 valence looked like an afterthought... Like they didn't know where to stick the backup lights and just stuck them there. It looked cheap. A "real" valence is designed to contribute to downforce of the rear end. I know the valence in the C6 is a far stretch from the "real" valence of a Ferrari, but if you're gonna put a "faux" valence on a sports car, at least make it look like a functional one! I think they did much better in this dept with the C7. The thin light strip doesn't bother my eyes as much, since they blend in much better. I do hope, however, that they keep that area black (wishful thinking, carbon fiber), and not body color.

Right on GM!

Let the bashing begin...

I always thought that the new tail lamp are C4 inspired.
alexandro777 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
BJC99Hardtop
DC Crew

Member #16712

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06, 1999 FRC

You are crazy.
BJC99Hardtop is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

I don't see how anyone can bash you, it's your opinion and opinions can't be wrong. They can be disagreed with but what kind of asshole will come tell a fellow enthuasists they are stupid for liking something? Who they hell are they to say your tastes are wrong? Fuck them I say.
raidmagic is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to raidmagic For This Useful Post:
bkuper (12-26-2012), Dagget427 (12-26-2012), GhostShadow (12-26-2012), Z06Fiend (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
TheSwift1
DC Crew

Member #13141

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbwalker View Post
Might as well post this now...

Longtimer ===>>>
Hahaha!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
bdomino
DC Crew

Member #9374

My Corvette(s)
2015 Z51 3LT - 7 Speed Manual Competition Seats MSRC Carbon Fiber Roof and Dash Machine Faced Wheels

I Am With You

After 3 monyhs the C-6 will look old fashioned and everyone will start to love the C-7.

If they change stuff we talk about not holding on to the traditional Corvette look.
If they don't change too much we call it a C-61/2.

What do you want, a Ford?
bdomino is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
IF YOU ARE NOT THE LEAD DOG
THE VIEW NEVER CHANGES!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bdomino For This Useful Post:
alexandro777 (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport Coupe (M6)

To each their own.
KennyGS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
And while it's similar to the Camaro, to me it's different enough to not cry about it. It's kind of an evolution/more sophisticated version of the Camaro concept. And if they're are slight similarities, why should it be a big deal! They're from the same family!
Exactly. It shouldn't be a big deal, but some people can't stand change, so they look for something to nitpick. I don't think there's anything about a circle that's inherently more aesthetic than a trapezoid, or rhombus, or any other geometric shape.

The C7 rear may look vaguely similar to the 5th-gen Camaro, but if you look at the logo at the top of this page, that red C3 looks even more similar to a '70 Camaro. Hell, look at Porsche... their entire lineup looks similar—so much so that the average person probably couldn't tell the difference between a Boxster and a Cayenne—and yet people ADORE that marque.
TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
Z06Fiend
DC Crew

Member #5202

My Corvette(s)
'08 Jetstream Blue Z06, '69 Fathom Green small block coupe

Quote:

Right on GM!

Let the bashing begin...

I too am with you! I think this car is going to be stunning!
Z06Fiend is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Don't you know there ain't no devil?....... There's just god when he's drunk.

'99 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe (sold)
'03 Millennium Yellow Z06 (sold)
'07 Atomic Orange Vert (economy casualty)
'08 Jetstream Blue Z06 (accident casualty)
'69 Fathom Greem Coupe

Austin Stingray Sharks

WWW.Oculus-Studios.com
Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
TheSwift1
DC Crew

Member #13141

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSwift1 For This Useful Post:
Dagget427 (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #13
BJC99Hardtop
DC Crew

Member #16712

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06, 1999 FRC

It is definitely different. It won't keep me from buying one, but it does seem to be a drastic change from the previous 50 years of tail lights. Then again, I hated the C6 and said that Corvettes had to have flip up head lights.....until I drove one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C1-7 Rear.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	2775  
BJC99Hardtop is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Carvajal
DC Crew

Member #2105

My Corvette(s)
C-4 C-5 C-6 C6-Z06 and 1000 new designs

Quote:

Right on GM!

Let the bashing begin...

That rear end wont look so bad after all by looking at this CAD drawings they are very diferent then then ilustrations we seen before. The ilustrations show a very flat rear design on this CAD drawings you can actually see the rear is concave and not so flat. I think that most people are just a bit disapointed for not just the rear but many other elements on the car i myself dont like the side profile i think those lines just dont flow with the car i dont know why GM didnt keep the lines just like the stingray concept and just work on the front and rear bumper that would have been a killer C7. I just think we are disapointed because we feelt that It was the time for GM to give us a killer Corvette and not just an inspiration of many things out there.
Carvajal is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Time for me to come out of the closet....

I too like the rear.....

I guess none of us are really Corvette fans....
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.