No Hope, No Change For The Blacks - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
ArKay99
 
ArKay99's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,908
Member #43955
Member since: Mar 2006
Location: Indian Rocks Beach, FL, USA

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Thanks: 196
Thanked 267 Times in 181 Posts
Garage
No Hope, No Change For The Blacks

The truth hurts...

ArKay99 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
The Following User Says Thank You to ArKay99 For This Useful Post:
OCB (01-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
PredatorC6
DC Crew
 
PredatorC6's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,063
Member #115883
Member since: Mar 2011

My Corvette(s)
C6

Thanks: 1
Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts
Garage
BINGO! We have a winnah !!
PredatorC6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Why do they call it "common sense" when, in fact, it has become so uncommon?

That's my opinion, it outta be your's.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
PNHNDLE96CE
 
Posts: 4,984
Member #14104
Member since: Jun 2004
Location: Florida

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

Thanks: 113
Thanked 85 Times in 71 Posts
Not sure how to take this, I'm not black, didn't vote for Obama but the man does bring up some really good points best of which is get off your ass and provide and that is not a color or race issue. Help is fine if you truly need it, but to not try and better your situation and just rely on the help is not.
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
raidmagic
DC Crew
 
raidmagic's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,296
Member #1067
Member since: May 2003
Location: Brandon, FL.

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Thanks: 30
Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Aside from the video why does the term "the blacks" offend me?
raidmagic is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05




Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read


Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Old 12-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
PNHNDLE96CE
 
Posts: 4,984
Member #14104
Member since: Jun 2004
Location: Florida

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

Thanks: 113
Thanked 85 Times in 71 Posts
Conditioning. We aren't supposed to say blacks, homo, gay or anything else that may offend. We are becoming a politically correct society without end. Criticism is outlawed and everyone is a trophy winner.
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
raidmagic
DC Crew
 
raidmagic's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,296
Member #1067
Member since: May 2003
Location: Brandon, FL.

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Thanks: 30
Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
Conditioning. We aren't supposed to say blacks, homo, gay or anything else that may offend. We are becoming a politically correct society without end. Criticism is outlawed and everyone is a trophy winner.

Nope I have no problem with calling people black or whatever, in fact African American is just silly to me most black people have no affiliation with Africa. It's when you put "the" in front of it that just makes it bad to me, like "Those people" or "them Asians" just seems to be demeaning to me.
Look at the title to the video, it's just "No hope, No change for blacks"
raidmagic is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05




Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read


Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Old 12-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
ArKay99
 
ArKay99's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,908
Member #43955
Member since: Mar 2006
Location: Indian Rocks Beach, FL, USA

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Thanks: 196
Thanked 267 Times in 181 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
Nope I have no problem with calling people black or whatever, in fact African American is just silly to me most black people have no affiliation with Africa. It's when you put "the" in front of it that just makes it bad to me, like "Those people" or "them Asians" just seems to be demeaning to me.
Look at the title to the video, it's just "No hope, No change for blacks"
I didn't put that in. It was in there. But I do understand your point. However, if you watch the video, there are a lot more 'colloquialism's' bantered. I'm sure they are in there for 'effect'. I'm more interested in his philosophy. It's akin to what Bill Cosby was saying some years ago. And as far as Obama, what HAS he done for black's?
ArKay99 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,136
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 141
Thanked 443 Times in 344 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
Nope I have no problem with calling people black or whatever, in fact African American is just silly to me most black people have no affiliation with Africa. It's when you put "the" in front of it that just makes it bad to me, like "Those people" or "them Asians" just seems to be demeaning to me.
Look at the title to the video, it's just "No hope, No change for blacks"
Raid makes a VERY good point! One that I often make myself. I may be of African decent (I'm not 100% sure as I have not chased my roots back that far), but I am no more African than Raid himself is. If I go to Africa, Africans will look at me as an American. To Africans, I smell like an American, I dress like an American and my way are that of an American. Thus, I consider myself a black American. The only thing African about me is the pigment of my skin that I share with dark-skinned Africans. You will never hear me refer to myself or other black Americans as "African American". If I was an African, I would consider that to be somewhat disrespectful.

Excellent point about the phrase "the blacks" Raid. That is exactly like saying "them people". It's very telling when you phrase stuff that way.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
raidmagic (12-30-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Ducati117
Account Disabled.
 
Posts: 55
Member #117010
Member since: Jun 2011
Location: Arrakis. Also known as...Dune

My Corvette(s)
Black C4

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you're wondering, yes I'm the banned Dungripper who said oil margins were the reason prices were so high. I'm not very educated and as such I'm not very good at disguising my identity. I'm such a lame douche.
Ducati117 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #10
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel
 
Poncherello's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,401
Member #5040
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: In transition

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Thanks: 0
Thanked 74 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati117 View Post
If you're wondering, yes I'm the banned Dungripper who said oil margins were the reason prices were so high. I'm not very educated and as such I'm not very good at disguising my identity. I'm such a lame douche.
I would never have guessed and you were on your best behavior too.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,136
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 141
Thanked 443 Times in 344 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati117 View Post
If you're wondering, yes I'm the banned Dungripper who said oil margins were the reason prices were so high. I'm not very educated and as such I'm not very good at disguising my identity. I'm such a lame douche.
Did I miss something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHNDLE96CE View Post
Not sure how to take this, I'm not black, didn't vote for Obama but the man does bring up some really good points best of which is get off your ass and provide and that is not a color or race issue. Help is fine if you truly need it, but to not try and better your situation and just rely on the help is not.


It is, however, a shame that this guy chooses to bring such a powerful message in a manner that will not be accepted by the individuals who need to hear it. Basically, he's preaching to the choir. It also doesn't help that he paints an entire race of people with such a broad brush. He obviously has some education so one would think that if he really wanted to get his message to the people who need to hear it, he would use more tact. As it is, it just sounds as if he's venting. And this is my whole issue with the republican party when it comes to getting their message to those who oppose them. Use some tact.

One more thing that's kinda interesting about this video is a majority of republicans would agree with the message behind this video, however, it totally contradicts the message that the republican party put out as for the reason that they lost the election. That being that Obama freely gave everything he could to minorities in order to get their vote. Be that programs, gifts, etc...

Hmmm...
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
c6vettedude
DC Crew
 
c6vettedude's Avatar
 
Posts: 511
Member #120057
Member since: Oct 2012

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Did I miss something?





It is, however, a shame that this guy chooses to bring such a powerful message in a manner that will not be accepted by the individuals who need to hear it. Basically, he's preaching to the choir. It also doesn't help that he paints an entire race of people with such a broad brush. He obviously has some education so one would think that if he really wanted to get his message to the people who need to hear it, he would use more tact. As it is, it just sounds as if he's venting. And this is my whole issue with the republican party when it comes to getting their message to those who oppose them. Use some tact.

One more thing that's kinda interesting about this video is a majority of republicans would agree with the message behind this video, however, it totally contradicts the message that the republican party put out as for the reason that they lost the election. That being that Obama freely gave everything he could to minorities in order to get their vote. Be that programs, gifts, etc...

Hmmm...
... and one it comes to this subject, I hear a lot of people on the Right bring it up, but no only do they lack, tact, but also, insight, compassion, and a penchant for African American history... and I don't mean the small tid bit that is taught in schools and is meant to keep us satisfied.

I had a co-worker who asked, "why do "blacks" need their own TV station (BET)? I said that's because whites have NBC, CBS, ABC and tons of other channels, where as BET caters to blacks, whereas these other stations don't. He was visibly, upset and it was to say the least, amusing to me. America is a melting pot with a lot of different cultures, and imho, there's nothing wrong with media that targets specific audiences.

With regards to the term African American, it's really more to do with heritage, history and identify. The history of most blacks who came to this country, isn't like that of most European's. The African-American is the only group of people who have ancestors that were forced to come to this country, forced to work for free, stripped of all identity, name, dignity, religion, culture etc. To that end, we've NEVER been treated as equals, and I think that's why the term African-American has stuck.

It would take way too long to go into the details, with regards to how slavery damaged and set blacks back in every way. Quite frankly, if you could go back in time and see with your own eyes what was going on, you'd be embarrased to be part of the human race...regardless of your race... unless you were just a very sick individual.

Having said that, every group of people have gone through similar atrocities...it just so happen that for America, the Atlantic slave trade was without a doubt the worst part of America's history. Like Junkman, I've never traced my roots all the way back, but I have seen pics of my grandmother on my mother's side who was full Native American.

Also, many don't realize that the Arabs were slaving out of Africa as far back as 650 A.D. Africa wasn't their only target though,.. they also "slaved" out of Europe as well.

When I was young, I did view history more from a "victims" standpoint, but I think that's normal for a kid. As I got older however, I viewed African-American history as a testament to our resiliance, strenght, guts, fortitude and intelligence... and I view our history with pride. I also realized that if people go through such lengths to prevent you from excelling, then there MUST be something special about you.

As for the terms people use, whether it be African-American, American or blacks, I honestly don't see why it matters or why it bothers people. I have my theory, but will keep it to myself. It's really just a generalization. In the service, I knew Italians who called themselves Italian American..didn't bother me one iota!

We were treated as equals after 9-11, but that didn't last very long. Katrina was major evidence that even during a major disaster, blacks are treated with indifference.

As for the video, regardless of the stats this guy mentions, blacks are doing better in this country, compared to anytime in history....though there is always a struggle to do better.... and I would think that everyone want's to do better, regardless of their race.

This guy has definitely done some homework, and I often find myself telling folks the same exact thing. My biggest beef with the Democratic party is their support for abortion. Personally, I don't think it's anyone's business what a woman does when faced with pregnancy, except her and the guy who got her pregant. He brought up the church, which is something that I always mention, because like it or not, the chuch and organized religion is a trap in black communities... It's not a coincidence that there are more church's in black communities, than in any other community.

He made a lot references, and they just don't belong specifically to the black community. The majority of the electorate of all races have become monkeys and slaves, and have been propagandized to belive that their "PARTY" cares about them or has their best interest at heart. So if your a white republican, you only need to substitue the words "black" and "Democratic party"... and it'd be a perfect fit.

I learned a long time ago that no man shapes my destiny except for me. People are starting to figure things out, and are realizing that we do indeed have a "1 party" system and that we've all been sold out....and in fact, are all on a plantation.

On the hand, voting is a private matter, who's business it is anyway. No one holds "whites" to this standard... it's always black that are being held to some ridiculous, meaningless standard.

Last edited by c6vettedude; 12-30-2012 at 09:46 AM.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c6vettedude For This Useful Post:
Front Runner (01-01-2013), Junkman2008 (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #13
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel
 
Poncherello's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,401
Member #5040
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: In transition

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Thanks: 0
Thanked 74 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Did I miss something?
As if that is something new.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,136
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 141
Thanked 443 Times in 344 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
As if that is something new.
You bitch!
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
raidmagic
DC Crew
 
raidmagic's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,296
Member #1067
Member since: May 2003
Location: Brandon, FL.

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Thanks: 30
Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Absolute classic Ponch, I'd expect nothing less from you
raidmagic is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05




Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read


Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved