Boehner to Reid: Go F--- yourself! - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Boehner to Reid: Go F--- yourself!

As nasty as the battle over the fiscal crisis bill looked on the floors of Congress, it was even nastier behind the scenes.
Sources confirmed to Fox News that House Speaker John Boehner told Harry Reid to "go f--- yourself" while passing by the Senate majority leader at the White House Friday.
The outburst came after Reid, on Thursday, took to the floor and likened Boehner to a dictator. Reid had claimed Boehner was holding back a bill out of concern for his speakership.
"John Boehner seems to care more about keeping his speakership than about keeping the nation on firm financial footing," Reid said Thursday, claiming the chamber was "being operated with a dictatorship of the speaker."
Boehner did not take kindly to the accusation. Politico first reported that Boehner swore at Reid when he saw him the next day at the White House, where congressional leaders were convening for a meeting.
Reid reportedly seemed startled, asking, "What are you talking about?" Boehner then repeated, "Go f--- yourself."
Boehner's office offered "no comment" on the incident.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2013/01/02/boehner-swore-reid-after-dictatorship-comment-sources-say/#ixzz2GqCBE000
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

BRAVO!!!!
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

So Reid accuses Boehner of holding a bill hostage while Boehner says he has a better bill which fails in the house that he controls, and when he finaly allows the bill that Reid and the senate passed by almost unanamous consent, it passes....and he is not a dictator who cares more about his speakership than the economy???
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
BRAVO!!!!
Why doesn't it surprise me that you would think it a great moment for the speaker of the house to tell the majority leader of the senate to go fuck himself. Only a petty and imature person would think this is a good course to take when dealing in politics. Thus your Bravo.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
Why doesn't it surprise me that you would think it a great moment for the speaker of the house to tell the majority leader of the senate to go fuck himself. Only a petty and imature person would think this is a good course to take when dealing in politics. Thus your Bravo.
Go fuck yourself.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Go fuck yourself.

While I knew it was comming you surprised me with the speed.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
While I knew it was comming you surprised me with the speed.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
So Reid accuses Boehner of holding a bill hostage while Boehner says he has a better bill which fails in the house that he controls, and when he finaly allows the bill that Reid and the senate passed by almost unanamous consent, it passes....and he is not a dictator who cares more about his speakership than the economy???
You can parse this all you want. But Obama and Reid have clearly teamed up to bust the chops of the Pubs painfully and publicly. Obama's Monday press conference was nothing more than a pre-vote victory lap and in-your-face statement to the Pubs. Boehner is mainly upset that the usual congressional decorum is being thrown under the bus by Obama and his minions. His comments to the media about the Republicans during negotiations are unprecedented. And somehow, the media keeps the narrative up that it's the Republicans who are the mean-spirited roadblocks. The Republicans voted several months ago to extend the tax cuts for everyone. This whole thing was being "held up" by Obama's demands that the top 2% get tax increases. But the media never slanted it that way.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

It's coming....

If you don't think it's nasty now, just wait two months when the debate over the spending cuts and the debt limit are started.

The Dems don't want to see any cuts but need the debt limit raised to keep paying out but the Pubs don't want it raised. They want cuts that will nullify the need to raise it.

So in the coming weeks we will see a real battle. The tax increase was just a little tit for tat.

Who will give in. They will have to make the cuts because they just made permanent the tax for us. So either they will get the fiscal house in order or they will vote to raise the limit. I don't see the current Republican controled house voting for that. And all they have to do is not put forward a bill and the spending cuts that originally were agreed to will happen in two months anyway. The question is will that be enuff to counter the need to raise the debt limit.

Thats what I don't know. I hope we get it all figured out before we become Greece.

The Dude is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Dude View Post
If you don't think it's nasty now, just wait two months when the debate over the spending cuts and the debt limit are started.

The Dems don't want to see any cuts but need the debt limit raised to keep paying out but the Pubs don't want it raised. They want cuts that will nullify the need to raise it.

So in the coming weeks we will see a real battle. The tax increase was just a little tit for tat.

Who will give in. They will have to make the cuts because they just made permanent the tax for us. So either they will get the fiscal house in order or they will vote to raise the limit. I don't see the current Republican controled house voting for that. And all they have to do is not put forward a bill and the spending cuts that originally were agreed to will happen in two months anyway. The question is will that be enuff to counter the need to raise the debt limit.

Thats what I don't know. I hope we get it all figured out before we become Greece.

Any one who tells you that we could ever become Greece is lying to you. We hold the currency of world trade. We can print that currency while Greece does not even control it's own currency. If Greece did control it's own currency, it would devalue it and imported things would become more expensive for the Greek people and exports would become cheaper in the market. The result of that would be more money entering Greece than leaving it and their economy would recover. Since they gave away the ability to control thier currency they only have the option of austerity which simply destroys the economy. Currency devaluation is the free market solution to countries economic problems but the Fox spin machine has convinced us all that somehow we are heading to a Greece style melt down, even though comparing the US economy to the Greek economy is like comparing Microsoft to the local Highway Dinner.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Any one who tells you that we could ever become Greece is lying to you. We hold the currency of world trade. We can print that currency while Greece does not even control it's own currency. If Greece did control it's own currency, it would devalue it and imported things would become more expensive for the Greek people and exports would become cheaper in the market. The result of that would be more money entering Greece than leaving it and their economy would recover. Since they gave away the ability to control thier currency they only have the option of austerity which simply destroys the economy. Currency devaluation is the free market solution to countries economic problems but the Fox spin machine has convinced us all that somehow we are heading to a Greece style melt down, even though comparing the US economy to the Greek economy is like comparing Microsoft to the local Highway Dinner.
Who's got their head in the sand?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
You can parse this all you want. But Obama and Reid have clearly teamed up to bust the chops of the Pubs painfully and publicly. Obama's Monday press conference was nothing more than a pre-vote victory lap and in-your-face statement to the Pubs. Boehner is mainly upset that the usual congressional decorum is being thrown under the bus by Obama and his minions. His comments to the media about the Republicans during negotiations are unprecedented. And somehow, the media keeps the narrative up that it's the Republicans who are the mean-spirited roadblocks. The Republicans voted several months ago to extend the tax cuts for everyone. This whole thing was being "held up" by Obama's demands that the top 2% get tax increases. But the media never slanted it that way.
Politics is about public perception. If Boehner looks bad in public it is only because he did things wrong. If Obama could be made to look bad, you know that the Pubs would take every opportunity to do so. To insinuate that Obama and Reid did something out of the ordinary is simply childish pouting.

As Finley Peter Dunne wrote politics aint bean bag.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Who's got their head in the sand?
Well then by all means explain to us all how, we, a sovereign nation with control of it's currency, could be forced by another country to force austerity upon our citizens. Then we can talk about head in sand syndrome.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Well then by all means explain to us all how, we, a sovereign nation with control of it's currency, could be forced by another country to force austerity upon our citizens. Then we can talk about head in sand syndrome.
You might be right if we weren't borrowing $Trillions from other countries.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
OK, so we have $16T in debt right now. So you think there will be no effect when we have $25T? $50T? We can't raise enough tax revenue to pay the INTEREST on $30T in debt. That means there would be ZERO to fund the country. So we just print a few trillion more? I can't believe that you think we can just go on increasing debt forever with no consequences. We are getting close to the point already where the debt service (interest) is keeping us from funding much needed services. Someone MUST come up with a way to stop the ever-growing deficit. The Dems, who you apparently think are the good guys here, have no interest in addressing the debt because it is painful to their constituents, and they don't want to lose votes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.