Is it just me or does Christie sound like a whiney bitch? - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

Is it just me or does Christie sound like a whiney bitch?

Quote:
“There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims: the House majority and their speaker, John Boehner,” he said. “This is not a Republican or Democratic issue. Natural disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters, not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night. Last night, politics was placed before oaths to serve our citizens. For me, it was disappointing and disgusting to watch.”
http://newsone.com/2121126/chris-chr...sandy-boehner/

Really? Boehner decides to wait until next week to take up funding Sandy relief and its the end of the fucking world?
(a good move IMHO since it puts the issue in an elected Congress and not in a lame duck session) How much do they expect Congress to pass in one week?

If you are a Republican that thinks this man should be President in 2016, vote Democrat in 2014 for Senate and House because those are the people he seems to agree with.
DarthAWM is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Christie IS a whiney bitch.

From what I've heard this morning, the Senate loaded the bill up with Pork 2 to 1 over the actual intention of the bill. That's why it's on hold.

Christie should be bitching at the writers of the Bill.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

He's just folding like a lawn chair to protect his chances for re-election or future ambitions in a Democratic leaning environment
walleyfisher is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

There are lots of people in NY and NJ who lost everything, in the storm. The people of NY and NJ have never stood in the way of helping out victims of natural disasters, whether they were Hurricane victims in Florida or Lousiana, or earthquake victims in California, or Tornado victims in Texas or Kansas. NY and NJ pay more in taxes and get less back than most states in the union. So yes Chris Christy is correct in saying that Boehner is wrong in holding up funds for people who for over two months have been without homes and just barely holding on. Yes there was non-sense in the funding bill, but that is also the fault of congress. NY and NJ did not ask for that pork and it would not help them. But they deserve a congress that is as responsive to thier needs as those of any other state. It is little wonder that congress is held in such low esteem.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
There are lots of people in NY and NJ who lost everything, in the storm. The people of NY and NJ have never stood in the way of helping out victims of natural disasters, whether they were Hurricane victims in Florida or Lousiana, or earthquake victims in California, or Tornado victims in Texas or Kansas. NY and NJ pay more in taxes and get less back than most states in the union. So yes Chris Christy is correct in saying that Boehner is wrong in holding up funds for people who for over two months have been without homes and just barely holding on. Yes there was non-sense in the funding bill, but that is also the fault of congress. NY and NJ did not ask for that pork and it would not help them. But they deserve a congress that is as responsive to thier needs as those of any other state. It is little wonder that congress is held in such low esteem.
Why does Obama get a pass on this and Bush gets vilified for Katrina?
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

The Sandy victims were nothing more than a photo op for the president and a gnat on a goats ass to congress. "Pawns" was the correct term Christie used.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Why does Obama get a pass on this and Bush gets vilified for Katrina?
Because Obama is not holding up the funding Congress is. Obama simply signs the bill which he has said he would do immediatly.
Bush's problem with Katrina was his own doing. He blew the sweet spot just after the storm. Remember his line "your doing a great job Browny". The pictures of him looking down at the devestation from Airforce One. Now contrast that to Obama's days after Sandy. He stands next to Christy who attacked him at the Republican convention and told him he was there for him. He is seen hugging victims.

Sorry but perception is 90% of politics and the perception of Obama was the people come first, and the people need me now. The perception of Bush was I don't give a shit about those little people way down there, and I have to try to score political points with this mess.

That why Bush came out looking like shit and Obama won the election due to the way he handled the storm.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Because Obama is not holding up the funding Congress is. Obama simplt signs the bill which he has said he would do immediatly.
So did Bush...and he had FEMA
Quote:
Bush's problem with Katrina was his own doing. He blew the sweet spot just after the storm. Remember his line "your doing a great job Browny". The pictures of him looking down at the devestation from Airforce One. Now contrast that to Obama's days after Sandy. He stands next to Christy who attacked him at the Republican convention and told him he was there for him. He is seen hugging victims.
Wrong! And your statement speaks the real truth. Bush had the media against him, Obama has a slobbering love affair with the media. Simple. So, simple I'm surprised you don't get it.
Quote:
Sorry but perception is 90% of politics and the perception of Obama was the people come first, and the people need me now. The perception of Bush was I don't give a shit about those little people way down there, and I have to try to score political points with this mess.
What I said above. The media controls the perception. And Obama knows how to play to the media.
Quote:
The media is why Bush came out looking like shit and Obama won the election due to the way he handled the storm.
There...fix'd it for ya.
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
The Sandy victims were nothing more than a photo op for the president and a gnat on a goats ass to congress. "Pawns" was the correct term Christie used.
A natural disaster is what a president makes it. He cannot control the weather or geology, but he can control what he looks like after the disaster. He can choose to be concerned and care for the victims or he can try and score political points. Both are an attempt to acchieve the same results...score political points. But if you are concerned and care you get those points, if you try to get those points you come off looking like you are trying to score political points so you don't score them you lose them in the eyes of the public.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Because Obama is not holding up the funding Congress is. Obama simply signs the bill which he has said he would do immediatly.

That why Bush came out looking like shit and Obama won the election due to the way he handled the storm.
Sorry dude, but that is a complete crock of shit.
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
So did Bush...and he had FEMA

Wrong! And your statement speaks the real truth. Bush had the media against him, Obama has a slobbering love affair with the media. Simple. So, simple I'm surprised you don't get it.

What I said above. The media controls the perception. And Obama knows how to play to the media.

There...fix'd it for ya.
Glad to see your still so open minded. So how will you beat the evil media??? How will any president you like ever look good in the media????

The Media is just a conduit for a story. If they get the best story out of a caring president who shows empathy for the people, they run that story. If they get the best story out of showing how uncaring and cold a president is after a natural disaster, they go with that story. They are out to sell advertising space. To do that they need the best stories. To think otherwise is simply paranoid non-sense. But I know what I tell you here will just be taken as just another part of the conspiracy....so put your tin-foil hat on and climb under the bed and try and stay safe.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Sorry dude, but that is a complete crock of shit.
How so???
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #13
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
It wasn't the fault of congress. It was the fault of the Democrats in the Senate. So why does Christie blame Boehner? This is our media problem. Senate Democrats are the only people to realistically blame in this sad affair, but the media refuses to point that out - or if they do, it gets second page to Boehner's refusal to put the flawed bill through. Right now, the Democrats have a willing leftist media taking every fault in Washington and laying the blame at the feet of only the Republicans, and they are using that to have their way with the American people while smashing the reputation of Republicans. It's unbelievable to me that the media has become this biased and doesn't even appear to be embarrassed about it.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #14
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
It wasn't the fault of congress. It was the fault of the Democrats in the Senate. So why does Christie blame Boehner? This is our media problem. Senate Democrats are the only people to realistically blame in this sad affair, but the media refuses to point that out - or if they do, it gets second page to Boehner's refusal to put the flawed bill through. Right now, the Democrats have a willing leftist media taking every fault in Washington and laying the blame at the feet of only the Republicans, and they are using that to have their way with the American people while smashing the reputation of Republicans. It's unbelievable to me that the media has become this biased and doesn't even appear to be embarrassed about it.
This is why the direct election of senators was such a coup for the progressives and is still held as one of their crowning achievements. They effectively stole the purse (and the nuts) from the people's house (House of Representatives).
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #15
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
From everything I have read the pork that the house was upset about was money that was going to Alaska. Last I checked there is one senator from Alaska who is a democrat and one who is a republican. Both voted for the bill from what I have read. John McCain was pissed about funding for Amtrack, but withdrew his amendment when it was explained that amtrack sufferd lots of damage in the storm. But all that aside, lets not forget that every republican congress person from the northeast has come down hard on Boehner too. But they are satisfied now that Boehner has agreed to vote on $9 billion this week and the other $51 billion on the 15th. They also just happened today to voice there support for Boehner's reelection as speaker of the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.