So Why did Boehner really stop the Sandy Funding - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

So Why did Boehner really stop the Sandy Funding

According to this story out Today in the NewYork Daily news, John Boehner did not hold up the funding for huricane Sandy relief due to pork in the bill, or a concern for the national debt or even to slow down and consider the bill.

It seems that Mr Boehner did this as a gotcha to his second in comand for not backing Boehners Plan "B" fiscal cliff deal.

Here is a brief quote from that article....

But sources told the Daily News that Boehner pulled the package from consideration as retaliation against Cantor for opposing the "fiscal cliff" compromise that the House passed on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2H2VGtx69

This is the most disgusting case of childishness I have ever seen in congress. To disrupt the economy of the largest metropolitan area in the country and the trillions of dollars in GDP that this area generates every year, not to mention all the people suffering just to show a guy in your same party who is boss.....is just to stupid for words.

Now of course Boehner has said that it is not true about his problems with Cantor....but of course the next day he promised to pass $9 billion of the $60 billion bill today, which it did and the balance on the 15th. No cuts. No pork removed. No panel empowered to review the bill. Just a lesson for Mr. Cantor at the expense of the American people.

I for one will be contributing heavily to anyone who ever runs against John Boehner....and I believe that many wealthy NJ and NY businessmen will be sending money to his adversaries too.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Wonder if anyone will tell anyone else to go fuck themselves?
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

So where are you DarthAWM???? Who's the whiney bitch now????
Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
According to this story out Today in the NewYork Daily news, John Boehner did not hold up the funding for huricane Sandy relief due to pork in the bill, or a concern for the national debt or even to slow down and consider the bill.

It seems that Mr Boehner did this as a gotcha to his second in comand for not backing Boehners Plan "B" fiscal cliff deal.

But sources told the Daily News that Boehner pulled the package from consideration as retaliation against Cantor for opposing the "fiscal cliff" compromise that the House passed on Tuesday.

This is the most disgusting case of childishness I have ever seen in congress. To disrupt the economy of the largest metropolitan area in the country and the trillions of dollars in GDP that this area generates every year, not to mention all the people suffering just to show a guy in your same party who is boss.....is just to stupid for words.

Now of course Boehner has said that it is not true about his problems with Cantor....but of course the next day he promised to pass $9 billion of the $60 billion bill today, which it did and the balance on the 15th. No cuts. No pork removed. No panel empowered to review the bill. Just a lesson for Mr. Cantor at the expense of the American people.

I for one will be contributing heavily to anyone who ever runs against John Boehner....and I believe that many wealthy NJ and NY businessmen will be sending money to his adversaries too.
[IMG][/IMG]
walleyfisher is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Oh believe me your head is planty far up if you can't see what an asshole Boehner was in this whole deal.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

IF all this is true, then the Republicans don't have to worry about the liberal media, because they are simply doing to destroy themselves.

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
RJ80
DC Crew

Member #48788

My Corvette(s)

Quote:

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2H2VGtx69

http://library.lakelandcc.edu/pdfs/research/bias.pdf
Boy you sure got us there. I was sure shocked to find a liberal post a story from a liberal paper citing an unnamed "source" which trashes a republican.... Machine? More like Tool IMHO....
RJ80 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ80 View Post
Boy you sure got us there. I was sure shocked to find a liberal post a story from a liberal paper citing an unnamed "source" which trashes a republican.... Machine? More like Tool IMHO....
So you you have a refuting source?

I've about had it with all the "liberal source" "conservative source" non-sense. It's all out there for us to find. Instead of dismissing a story based on it's source alone, how about proving otherwise?

As usual, there are 3 sides to every story: yours, theirs and the truth.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Looks like your the tool here and a dull one at that....most criticism comes from Republicans...and the most from the key note speaker at the last Republican convention. Crawl back under your rock now sonny.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
IF all this is true, then the Republicans don't have to worry about the liberal media, because they are simply doing to destroy themselves.

... this has always been the case, but when someone is not a mature adult, then the natural thing to do is to blame someone else. It's so hard to look at your own house first,... easier to cast stones.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
RJ80
DC Crew

Member #48788

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Looks like your the tool here and a dull one at that....most criticism comes from Republicans...and the most from the key note speaker at the last Republican convention. Crawl back under your rock now sonny.
You misunderstood my comment as I was not defending Boehner. He is not a leader as he has no conviction and cries like a little girl. I just cannot believe someone who refutes almost every "conservative" post and then repost this crap as a legitimate news story. Fema funding has increased 300 percent since 911 and all that happens is more government waste and more finger pointing when a natural disaster arises. Wake up, pull your head out so you can where the real problem lies.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
the machine

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
You misunderstood my comment as I was not defending Boehner. He is not a leader as he has no conviction and cries like a little girl. I just cannot believe someone who refutes almost every "conservative" post and then repost this crap as a legitimate news story. Fema funding has increased 300 percent since 911 and all that happens is more government waste and more finger pointing when a natural disaster arises. Wake up, pull your head out so you can where the real problem lies.
Look friend, I'll ignor your initial insult and try to spell it out for you. Sandy was the second strongest storm to hit the US since records have been kept. It also hit the most densly populated part of the country and a part that generates a huge chunk of this nations GDP.

I saw some of the damage first hand. My heat treater who is in the Iron bound section of Newark NJ, got 5 feet of water in his building. He is not in a flood zone. There are hundreds of businesses around him, all of them destroyed. His business consists of dozens of high temperature kilns which are used to heat treat metal parts. It takes weeks to cool them down and weeks to heat them up again. When they heard the storm was comming they shut down the Kilns, but when the water came it they were still so hot they exploded. Every computer in his building and every electric motor (hundreds of them) were destroyed. This business has been at this location for 150 years. Since he was not in a flood zone he has no flood insurance. Repeat this story 5000 times and you start to get an idea of what happened in this storm.

Every other natural disaster was responded to quickly and with adaquate funding to get the area back up and running. We deserve the same.

You can look at this $60 billion and say wow thats a lot of money....but the businesses that are trying to rebuild and get back to business, easily make that money up in the taxes and economic activity they generate. It is short sighted to think that we might want to save a few bucks...but let me remind you that no-one...not John Boehner not Eric Cantor...no-one is saying they won't fund this....they are just playing games. And as they play their childish games businesses like my heat treater sit idle with thousands of employees waiting to get back to work and rebuild these businesses, and continue to contribute to the US economy.

And let me be clear...I do not refute every conservative post. I refute the bullshit that many here consider conservative. I have served my community as Mayor of my town and was elected as a conservative Republican, in a very conservative part of NJ. I know how to deal with a government budget. I know what it means to cut jobs and what it means to lose State or federal funding. I woked very hard to reduce the tax burden of the people who livein my town, and you don't do it just by not spending money.

The economy is not your personal finances or a business....it is thousands of times more complex. Cutting jobs (or Government spending) at the wrong time in an economic cycle is far more destructive to our futuer indebtedness than spending a few trillion dollars. I know the numbers sound unbelievable...but we are a nation of trillions now...not because we spend trillions, but becasuse we have grown so much. Our economy is the largest in the world and there are some very big economies in the world.

So if I sound like I am bashing conservative ideas, I am not I am bashing ideas that have not been thought through to their natural conclusions. I am bashing the notion that we can run our country like a family budget or a business. But I am firmly committed to a fiscaly conservative way of governing and I believe the only way to get that is through inteligent ideas and plans to reduce the debt.

And playing bitch slap to your second in command for not going along with a truly stupid idea, is not the way to solve our debt problems or the problems that occured from Sandy.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
RJ80
DC Crew

Member #48788

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Look friend, I'll ignor your initial insult and try to spell it out for you. Sandy was the second strongest storm to hit the US since records have been kept. It also hit the most densly populated part of the country and a part that generates a huge chunk of this nations GDP.

I saw some of the damage first hand. My heat treater who is in the Iron bound section of Newark NJ, got 5 feet of water in his building. He is not in a flood zone. There are hundreds of businesses around him, all of them destroyed. His business consists of dozens of high temperature kilns which are used to heat treat metal parts. It takes weeks to cool them down and weeks to heat them up again. When they heard the storm was comming they shut down the Kilns, but when the water came it they were still so hot they exploded. Every computer in his building and every electric motor (hundreds of them) were destroyed. This business has been at this location for 150 years. Since he was not in a flood zone he has no flood insurance. Repeat this story 5000 times and you start to get an idea of what happened in this storm.

Every other natural disaster was responded to quickly and with adaquate funding to get the area back up and running. We deserve the same.

You can look at this $60 billion and say wow thats a lot of money....but the businesses that are trying to rebuild and get back to business, easily make that money up in the taxes and economic activity they generate. It is short sighted to think that we might want to save a few bucks...but let me remind you that no-one...not John Boehner not Eric Cantor...no-one is saying they won't fund this....they are just playing games. And as they play their childish games businesses like my heat treater sit idle with thousands of employees waiting to get back to work and rebuild these businesses, and continue to contribute to the US economy.

And let me be clear...I do not refute every conservative post. I refute the bullshit that many here consider conservative. I have served my community as Mayor of my town and was elected as a conservative Republican, in a very conservative part of NJ. I know how to deal with a government budget. I know what it means to cut jobs and what it means to lose State or federal funding. I woked very hard to reduce the tax burden of the people who livein my town, and you don't do it just by not spending money.

The economy is not your personal finances or a business....it is thousands of times more complex. Cutting jobs (or Government spending) at the wrong time in an economic cycle is far more destructive to our futuer indebtedness than spending a few trillion dollars. I know the numbers sound unbelievable...but we are a nation of trillions now...not because we spend trillions, but becasuse we have grown so much. Our economy is the largest in the world and there are some very big economies in the world.

So if I sound like I am bashing conservative ideas, I am not I am bashing ideas that have not been thought through to their natural conclusions. I am bashing the notion that we can run our country like a family budget or a business. But I am firmly committed to a fiscaly conservative way of governing and I believe the only way to get that is through inteligent ideas and plans to reduce the debt.

And playing bitch slap to your second in command for not going along with a truly stupid idea, is not the way to solve our debt problems or the problems that occured from Sandy.
Well said. It took decades to build the area and it will take a long time to restore what was devastated in a few hours. These articles focus us on the petty squabbling and is just background noise to divide the country and takes the focus off of the real gross misconduct of our elected officials.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

Quote:
So where are you DarthAWM???? Who's the whiney bitch now????
With a personal call out I say:

Go fuck yourself.

You are the whiny bitch, you get what you want and still complain.

As for where I was I have thing to do during the day I may be logged in but I'm not always in front of the computer.
DarthAWM is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

Quote:
I call bullshit on this. Sandy was a CATEGORY 1. Katarina was a 5. Andrew was a 5. Heck Ike was a Cat 2 when it hit Texas.

That's fourth place of the top of my fucking head.

And the storm surge? 12-15 feet not even close to tops

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/surge/

Katrina was 24-28 feet twice Sandy.

The only thing you got right was it hit the most populated densest economic area of the country.
DarthAWM is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.