C7 Hit or Miss - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
BWF07
DC Crew

Member #56168

My Corvette(s)
2007 Monterey Red coupe Z51

C7 Hit or Miss

I have mixed feeling on the C7. I really believe they did a great job on the car from the B-Pillar forward, but lost they way from there back.

I mean what is up with the extra window/glass area after the B-Pillar. Reminds be of a Mustang or the GTR or any car with a back seat actually. The rear end is in need of maybe a little more work. Everyone is saying they used the Camaro tail lights, but in reality they the rear end is a modified Corvette Concept/Transformer car from 2009. Next I think there may be some blind spots with the design of the rear glass and last but not least (I know I said the front was fine) that lame Stingray has to go. If they want to call it a Stringray spell it out.

Here are a few photo's to compare the C7 to the C6 and I can see the transformation and as I said the front is fine it is the back section that really turns me off to buying a C7.

No problem with the upgraded C7 front over the C6

I am a little concerned with the resemblance to the GTR however.
BWF07 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
PredatorC6
DC Crew

Member #115883

My Corvette(s)
C6

Garage
Looks like a Camaro tried to crawl up a 370Z's arse.

Fugley!
PredatorC6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Why do they call it "common sense" when, in fact, it has become so uncommon?

That's my opinion, it outta be your's.
The Following User Says Thank You to PredatorC6 For This Useful Post:
Longtimer (01-20-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

I don't think we can call it a miss because as evidence here in the multiple C7 threads alot of people like it. I am not one of those people but if their Like turns into sales, good deal it just means we may get a C8.
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PNHNDLE96CE For This Useful Post:
bkuper (01-14-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
427CPE
DC Crew

Member #25694

Are those two cars even made by the same MFG? Ha ha, the C7 kicks azz. How can you not like it?
427CPE is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2002 EB Z06 LS3
Old 01-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
iowa61
DC Crew

Member #17961

My Corvette(s)
1966 427 Roadster

Transformer Stingray rear

"in reality they the rear end is a modified Corvette Concept/Transformer car from 2009..."

The C7 rear end, unfortunately, bears no resemblance whatsoever to the "Transformer" vette.

The C7 is a great looking car, save for the rear. But the pictures you selected are distortions and mask its most prominent and flattering lines.

You do remind us that the C6 is a good looking car; a real improvement over the C5...
iowa61 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #6
leshelt
DC Crew

Member #3768

My Corvette(s)
1976 (Sold), 1974 (Sold), 1978, 1987 and 2003 Z06

Yes it does!

The rear facia is the Stringray concept pulled in to fit within the back of the car, instead of the exaggerated extension of the rearend on the concept car. Look closely, the cues are all there.
leshelt is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #7
Blast
DC Crew

Member #5275

I actually see many similarities between the Vette Transformer concept and the Stingray.

And that rear is growing on me, especially from this angle. The lights seem to flow into the rear nicely all the way up on the roof. I like that.

// Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-048.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	2838  
Blast is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #8
Blast
DC Crew

Member #5275

Here's the Transformer.

The teardrop is the same except made practical. No that's not all I see that is similar.

To me - many similarities.

// Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette-Stingray-Concept-4.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	2839  
Blast is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
newtlicious
DC Crew

Member #30041

Really, how many ways can you make a wedge shaped car with fender vents? I only see the tiniest resemblance to the GT-R. One could draw parallels between the Infiniti FX45 and the Corvette as well. I do not sincerely believe all this chatter about the corvette being 90% copied designs. If you want a front engine, rear drive hatchback wedge with good passenger room and trunk space, there are only so many ways you can package it. Nobody in their right mind would mistake a low slung two passenger coupe corvette with the much taller four seat GT-R based simply on the fender vent and a faint (and I do mean faint) resemblance in the DLO. The C7 looks like a Corvette and nothing else. A nice, modern, evolved Corvette. But most of all, a Corvette. I'm glad they didn't spend all their time trying to deliberately make it resemble older Corvettes. Traditions are great but things must evolve. Look at Catholics and birth control...

To tell you the truth, the one thing I wish they had changed is the drivers-side placement of the gas cap.

1. I don't want to see fuel filler door every time I walk up to the car because I don't like how it breaks up the lines. Put it on the passenger side so I see a nice smooth panel every time I get in.

2. Fact, I have to get out of the car to fuel it. I don't want to have to pull up to the pump and then squeeze out of the car bacause I don't want to nick the door on the bollards or a high curb. If it's on the passenger side there is absolutely no risk of that.
newtlicious is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newtlicious For This Useful Post:
bkuper (01-20-2013), Dagget427 (01-15-2013), Z06Fiend (01-19-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
bruzler
DC Crew

Member #9636

My Corvette(s)
multiple

My opinion as an owner of both a C5 and C6, I have to suggest to all of the negative people...wait until you see it in person. I'm biased as a Corvette junkie, but honestly, the base C6 wasn't as beautiful as the shape of the C5. The Z06 body saved the C6, it is still an amazing looking car even sitting next to other exotics. Yes, the a$$ end of the C7 will take time to grow on even me, but let's be realistic, the C7 is better in nearly every single aspect than previous generations. I joke with people that the difference in driving my C2 to C5 as dramatic as driving the C5 to the C6Z06. I'd be willing to bet the same will be the case when i break down and buy the C7Z06 and compare it to the C6. When you sit in the new cockpit you'll be shocked that its a Chevy, finally a world class interior and seats - no debate. Oh, and the other thing to consider...this will probably be the last of the high performance sports cars produced with a manual transmission. As the performance envelope get pushed the Corvette too will have to shift to a dual clutch paddle shift/auto like the PDK in Porsche. I'm buying one when the high performance models arrive & I will drive it like I stole it!
bruzler is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
ChainsawKLO
DC Crew

Member #41596

My Corvette(s)
2002 Electron Blue Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa61 View Post

You do remind us that the C6 is a good looking car; a real improvement over the C5...
this just proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think of the jim carrey movie "liar liar. The scene that he laughs in the womans face after making fun of everyone in the room. That is how I want to laugh when someone thinks the C6 looks better then the C5. I do really like the looks of the C6, dont get me wrong.

I dont see a problem with the rear, looks tough and strong. The problem I had was the very short stubby nose with the happy radiator grill. from the pics, the C7 looks to NICE/happy in that area.
ChainsawKLO is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ChainsawKLO For This Useful Post:
stinger430 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
C2C3C4C6
DC Crew

Member #14484

My Corvette(s)
2005 Black/Ebony coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF07 View Post
I have mixed feeling on the C7. I really believe they did a great job on the car from the B-Pillar forward, but lost they way from there back.

I mean what is up with the extra window/glass area after the B-Pillar. Reminds be of a Mustang or the GTR or any car with a back seat actually. The rear end is in need of maybe a little more work. Everyone is saying they used the Camaro tail lights, but in reality they the rear end is a modified Corvette Concept/Transformer car from 2009. Next I think there may be some blind spots with the design of the rear glass and last but not least (I know I said the front was fine) that lame Stingray has to go. If they want to call it a Stringray spell it out.

Here are a few photo's to compare the C7 to the C6 and I can see the transformation and as I said the front is fine it is the back section that really turns me off to buying a C7.

No problem with the upgraded C7 front over the C6

I am a little concerned with the resemblance to the GTR however.
The GTR comparison is shocking, and the side by side comparison to the C6 reinforces my opinion that the C6 is a cleaner, better looking car. I like some of the technical advances though.
C2C3C4C6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to C2C3C4C6 For This Useful Post:
Longtimer (01-20-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
c3c7 norm
DC Crew

Member #120419

My Corvette(s)
C2 C3 C5(2) C6 C7

Now that I've seen a comparison of the two, the 7 looks a little stubby, chopped maybe a little bit too much off the ends?

Hey, what do I know, overall, it looks fine. I'm sure GM will sell enough to be able to keep the line going.
c3c7 norm is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
USAF Veteran/USCG Retired

USA USN USMC USCG USAF USAR USNR USMCR USCGR USAFR ARNG ANG USPHS NOAA USMM AUS CSA Police/Fire/EMS/EMT

Thank You For Your Service
Old 01-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
dobrenyr
DC Crew

Member #29319

actually, from behind it kinda reminds me of a chysler Crossfire... believe it or not...

Never has a corvette generated so much contraversy
dobrenyr is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Tricky
Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
speeddaddy
DC Crew

Member #95319

My Corvette(s)
1977 Corvette

As the performance envelope get pushed the Corvette too will have to shift to a dual clutch paddle shift/auto like the PDK in Porsche. I'm buying one when the high performance models arrive & I will drive it like I stole it!

Hey Bruzler I agree with you, but you know what floored me was finding out that the Lamborghini Aventador does not use a DSG type clutch . I have driven a DSG and shifts are awesome. When you compare other cars with the non DSG "shiftable +\- transmissions" they feel like slush boxes. I am curious how a "non-DSG" tranny in the corvette or even the Aventador can be nearly as good as a DSG. I remember reading an article about the shift timing being redone in the current C6. In other cars it's like you have to anticipate the shift and the delay. DSG is just bam, bam, bam. Anybody happy with aggressive paddle shifting in the current Vette? Just curious as to performance.
speeddaddy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.