New York Passes More Gun Laws - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Upheval

Member #63633

My Corvette(s)
2007 C6

New York Passes More Gun Laws

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-massacre?lite

It appears to more political grand standing and a typical knee jerk reaction than anything else. Reading the new laws that are to be implemented, they would have done nothing to stop what happened in Newtown. Some of these laws make it more difficult for the law abiding citizens to have guns. Gun owners in New York have to read the new laws carefully or they might be on the other side with the criminals if they are not careful.
So until someone else come out with a way to stop what happened in Newtown, the only logical solution is an armed presence on each campus. Being a parent with two boys in grade school and with my wife currently attending college, I support an armed presence on campus because all of the other solutions that I am hearing are not worth a dam.
Upheval is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upheval View Post
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-massacre?lite

It appears to more political grand standing and a typical knee jerk reaction than anything else. Reading the new laws that are to be implemented, they would have done nothing to stop what happened in Newtown. Some of these laws make it more difficult for the law abiding citizens to have guns. Gun owners in New York have to read the new laws carefully or they might be on the other side with the criminals if they are not careful.
So until someone else come out with a way to stop what happened in Newtown, the only logical solution is an armed presence on each campus. Being a parent with two boys in grade school and with my wife currently attending college, I support an armed presence on campus because all of the other solutions that I am hearing are not worth a dam.
If I were living in Texas, I would take advantage of the concealed carry gun law there.
Not telling you what to do or your wife.
My wife would be carrying a 9mm Gallock & 357 Magnum.
I would carry a 44 Desert Eagle & 44 Magnum.
Speed loaders for me.
All potential children masserce killers & rapists Douche Bags would have their heads blown off by me.
Blow their fucking Dicks off TOO.
WTF.

Stay in Texas, IL sucks.
Really suck to live in NY now.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Texas is working on new gun laws as well.. makes it a felony to enforce assault weapons bans, hi cap mag bans, 5 years in a Texas prison.

Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
If I were living in Texas, I would take advantage of the concealed carry gun law there.
Not telling you what to do or your wife.
My wife would be carrying a 9mm Gallock & 357 Magnum.
I would carry a 44 Desert Eagle & 44 Magnum.
Speed loaders for me.
All potential children masserce killers & rapists Douche Bags would have their heads blown off by me.
Blow their fucking Dicks off TOO.
WTF.

Stay in Texas, IL sucks.
Really suck to live in NY now.
I've lived in TX for 62 years, never carried a gun, and never felt unsafe. Can't say there won't be a problem in the future, but gun toting is a hassle I don't care to bother with. I don't have a problem with conceal/carry laws. But I know a lot of people who carry, and I have never known anyone who actually benefitted from it. The value of C/C is way overhyped IMO.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
MEATHEAD1

Member #48881

My Corvette(s)
ZO6 07

enough said

http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_im...Fmqdefault.jpg
Hit this link and you will see the truth behind the mayor of NYC
MEATHEAD1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
YES YOU CAN DRIVE IT,,,,JUST MAKE THE FIRST PAYMENT.

I'M a Post Whore <------its official now.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
Upheval

Member #63633

My Corvette(s)
2007 C6

Chance favors a prepaired mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
I've lived in TX for 62 years, never carried a gun, and never felt unsafe. Can't say there won't be a problem in the future, but gun toting is a hassle I don't care to bother with. I don't have a problem with conceal/carry laws. But I know a lot of people who carry, and I have never known anyone who actually benefitted from it. The value of C/C is way overhyped IMO.
I will agree with you as far as it being somewhat of a hassle and I can only recall once that it would have been a good thing to have a C/C but I was about a year under the legal age to own a gun, which was unlucky for the guy that got his face put through plate glass because some thug wanted a stuffed animal. I know a few people that carry and a couple of them have benefited by having it.

I like the comment of the Mayor of New York. He said that civilized society does not need large capacity magazines. Ha Ha, he calls New York a civilized society???? Has he looked at the crime statistics for the city????

The "big spender in chief" is about to drop his plan that will save the world. Lets see how this plays out.
Upheval is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upheval View Post
The "big spender in chief" is about to drop his plan that will save the world. Lets see how this plays out.
This is nothing more than one of a constant flow of bills that will be put forward knowing Republicans can't live with them as written. There is only one purpose in all of these -- so far it has been the fiscal cliff, now the debt ceiling and gun restrictions -- and that purpose is to bombard voters with the idea that Pubs are recalcitrant naysayers who will not let any legislation pass. It's a setup for the 2014 elections because they got their clocks cleaned in 2010, and they don't want a repeat. Look for the pres and the Senate to put bill after bill out there that will never pass Pub muster precisely so they will turn it down and then get raked over the coals in the press.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
The value of C/C is way overhyped IMO.
These folks would probably disagree with you.. but to each his own. I prefer to carry a gun because when seconds count, cops are minutes away. I would hate to watch one of my family members be harmed, or me be harmed myself knowing there are laws and actions that can/should be taken to defend ones self.

Houston kid saves self and sister with AR-15 against 2 attackers - 2 victims (kids)
Mom and 2 kids in attic crawl space shoot attacker with 38. - 3 victims (1 woman, 2 kids)
San Antonio man shoots two car thieves - 1 victim (male)
San Antonio man who buys a shotgun and catches a thief that was at his house to rob him for the third time. - 2 victims (1 male, 1 female)
Milwaukee gas station owner saves herself from a robber with a knife. - 1 victim (female)

That is 9 victims, 4 kids, 3 females, and 2 males, that were saved because they had guns since the beginning of the year. I am sure there were more.
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
These folks would probably disagree with you.. but to each his own. I prefer to carry a gun because when seconds count, cops are minutes away. I would hate to watch one of my family members be harmed, or me be harmed myself knowing there are laws and actions that can/should be taken to defend ones self.

Houston kid saves self and sister with AR-15 against 2 attackers - 2 victims (kids)
Mom and 2 kids in attic crawl space shoot attacker with 38. - 3 victims (1 woman, 2 kids)
San Antonio man shoots two car thieves - 1 victim (male)
San Antonio man who buys a shotgun and catches a thief that was at his house to rob him for the third time. - 2 victims (1 male, 1 female)
Milwaukee gas station owner saves herself from a robber with a knife. - 1 victim (female)

That is 9 victims, 4 kids, 3 females, and 2 males, that were saved because they had guns since the beginning of the year. I am sure there were more.
And half of them were in their home where they don't need a CCL to defend themselves.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #10
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
And half of them were in their home where they don't need a CCL to defend themselves.
To each his own Tex.

I pray you never find yourself in a situation where you live with regret.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #11
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
To each his own Tex.

I pray you never find yourself in a situation where you live with regret.
Me too. But that works both ways. Guns are also involved in lots of accidents, and I'm pretty sure regret goes along with that too. Not knocking CCL. Just saying there are risks either way.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
IMO, you benefit by the fact that those around you are carrying with CC. That's the great thing about having a right to carry, it's not a mandate, only gives the option. The fact that others around you are carrying, reduces the crime rate in the area, making it safer for you. You should thank a CC user.

Other wise, move to Chicago and tell us the same story.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
rodknock
DC Crew

Member #2485

My Corvette(s)
07 black vert

New York Sux. Wish I lived in a free state.
rodknock is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #14
monsolo2
DC Crew

Member #35050

My Corvette(s)
Soon... very soon!

Quote:
To each his own.

My problem with gun control is not that I think everyone should carry... just that everyone should have the RIGHT to carry. I, unlike you, feel safer carrying.

I think it's great that you don't feel it necessary to carry. What gets my goat is when people who think that way try to enact laws to make me think and behave the same way! That's when I get mad...
monsolo2 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You can only have it one way, America... individual freedom or big government. Which is it going to be?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
IMO, you benefit by the fact that those around you are carrying with CC. That's the great thing about having a right to carry, it's not a mandate, only gives the option. The fact that others around you are carrying, reduces the crime rate in the area, making it safer for you. You should thank a CC user.

Other wise, move to Chicago and tell us the same story.
It's gonna take hard data and some time to back up your assertion that CCL cuts crime. I don't think that has been proven yet. Look at NYC. They darn sure don't have CCL, but their murder rate has dropped 50% in the last few years. Are the criminals worried that a gun carrier from out of state might be nearby? Cause and effect can be assumed, but it takes lots of data to prove that connection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.