PFADT JOC Stage 1 on GS Personal Review - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C6 Corvette General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
DropTopGal

Member #98067

My Corvette(s)
2010 GS Coupe ~ 2008 VY Vert

PFADT JOC Stage 1 on GS Personal Review

Hi guys -- About 1 1/2 month ago, we purchased the PFADT JOC Stage 1 suspension package and it was installed on the Grand Sport. As many of you know, the GS already has a decent OEM suspension as it is derived from the Z06. After six weeks of driving with the JOC Stg 1, both my hubby and I can offer the following feedback for those who may be interested.

(FYI: I am one of "those gals" who actually can drive on a track & spirited where appropriate - was taught by an Indy pro-driver friend of ours back in 2005 - not in a Vette, rather a suped-up S2000.)

JOC Stage 1 review:
1. Immediately noticed after installation.
2. Easier to navigate sharper turns (ie. tight parking lots)
3. Certainly more stable in all turns - allows for greater feedback when pushing it and a feeling of confidence.
4. Over small and large bumps alike - not harsh at all yet decreased up / down motion. (make sense?) Ours is set to the highest setting of the three settings available.
5. Other than a few front suspension "pops" within the first few days after the installation (shocks breaking in?), no noise, pops, squeaks.
6. High speed driving - increased feeling of stability (especially at 130, and certainly over 140 - OEM felt a bit "floaty" while the JOC feels planted -- again, fosters driver confidence.
7. Quality products offered from PFADT. I'm big on quality and when it comes to suspension, tires, brakes, etc... I have always felt it worth a bit more to get quality which hopefully equates to safety, longevity, and overall satisfaction.
8. The yellow bar thingy looks very sporty from the rear view.
9. The quick directional change, such as assertively going from one lane to the next when passing a slow poke is done with greater control with the JOC.

Sorry that my review isn't technical, but hope it helps anyone who may be interested in this worthy upgrade.

DTG
DropTopGal is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Good Girls ~~ Drive It HARD
**SOLD** 2010 Grand Sport JSB~3LT~A6~NPP~Chrome Wheels~Nav~Heritage~Titanium-Ebony~Full Rear Wing~Sport Pedals ~ Dyno: 445hp / 429tq @ wheels

Mods: LG Longtube Headers~LG X Pipe~LG High Flow Cats~3" Coltrs~160' Stat~PFADT JOC Stg I Suspension~PCM & A6 Tune
Cosmetic: RaceMesh Grills~LED Tail Lights~Mild to Wild~Lloyds Mats~Vette Tray2~JWM LED Lights~Custom LED~Corvette Inserts~Chrome Exhaust Plate~Venture Shield~18% Tint
Audio: Pioneer Z120BT~Boston Acoustics SR95 & SR65 / JL Slash 300amp~JL 10" Stealthbox / JL Slash 500amp~Backup Camera~Shock Sensor / Alarm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport Coupe (M6)

Nice review.

What tires are on your GS?
KennyGS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
DropTopGal

Member #98067

My Corvette(s)

Had to go look in the garage at the tires. That's a guy thing! Michelin Pilot Super Sport, not the run flat type.

The front are: 295/35 ZR18 and the rear are: 345/30 ZR19.

These tires, while a bit pricy, compared to the GoodYear tires that came on the Vette... the Pilot Super Sport last about twice as long, have significantly improved handling in the rain (very important in South Florida) and improved on the dry pavement.

The larger / wider size looks good and handles better.

Last edited by DropTopGal; 01-27-2013 at 12:48 PM.
**SOLD** 2010 Grand Sport JSB~3LT~A6~NPP~Chrome Wheels~Nav~Heritage~Titanium-Ebony~Full Rear Wing~Sport Pedals ~ Dyno: 445hp / 429tq @ wheels

Mods: LG Longtube Headers~LG X Pipe~LG High Flow Cats~3" Coltrs~160' Stat~PFADT JOC Stg I Suspension~PCM & A6 Tune
Cosmetic: RaceMesh Grills~LED Tail Lights~Mild to Wild~Lloyds Mats~Vette Tray2~JWM LED Lights~Custom LED~Corvette Inserts~Chrome Exhaust Plate~Venture Shield~18% Tint
Audio: Pioneer Z120BT~Boston Acoustics SR95 & SR65 / JL Slash 300amp~JL 10" Stealthbox / JL Slash 500amp~Backup Camera~Shock Sensor / Alarm
The Following User Says Thank You to DropTopGal For This Useful Post:
KennyGS (01-26-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport Coupe (M6)

Wild! Those were what I planned on buying this spring.

Thanks again.
KennyGS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
DropTopGal

Member #98067

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGS View Post
Wild! Those were what I planned on buying this spring.

Thanks again.
I presume you are referring to the tires. Suggestion, it would be a good time to get new TPMS sensors when you get new tires. I had all of mine replaced. Two of the stock sensors that came with the Vette often gave me XXX, even after having them re-calibrated a few times. Once changed to new sensors, no more XXX.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
The Torch
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #799

My Corvette(s)
2004 Black/Mod Red-Z06

Great honest review from an Vette owner I've always found Pfadt to be an upright company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopGal View Post

Sorry that my review isn't technical, but hope it helps anyone who may be interested in this worthy upgrade.

DTG

That yellow bar thingy isn't the only thing that looks sporty from the rear
The Torch is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RACING...Because with baseball, football, basketball, tennis, and golf, you only need one ball

I used to think that I had learned patience as I got older. Then I realized that I just didn't give a shit
Old 01-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
DropTopGal

Member #98067

My Corvette(s)

**Correction**

I am a somewhat dyslectic with numbers and previously posted were the wrong tire sizes (already edited earlier post).

The correct tire size on my GS:

Front tires: 295/35 ZR18
Rear tires: 345/30 ZR19

This is important because the tire size for the Corvette has to be within a certain parameter to avoid a warning light from coming on.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #8
shockersdud
DC Crew

Member #120777

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopGal View Post
Hi guys -- About 1 1/2 month ago, we purchased the PFADT JOC Stage 1 suspension package and it was installed on the Grand Sport. As many of you know, the GS already has a decent OEM suspension as it is derived from the Z06. After six weeks of driving with the JOC Stg 1, both my hubby and I can offer the following feedback for those who may be interested.

(FYI: I am one of "those gals" who
services reviews actually can drive on a track & spirited where appropriate - was taught by an Indy pro-driver friend of ours back in 2005 - not in a Vette, rather a suped-up S2000.)

JOC Stage 1 review:
1. Immediately noticed after installation.
2. Easier to navigate sharper turns (ie. tight parking lots)
3. Certainly more stable in all turns - allows for greater feedback when pushing it and a feeling of confidence.
4. Over small and large bumps alike - not harsh at all yet decreased up / down motion. (make sense?) Ours is set to the highest setting of the three settings available.
5. Other than a few front suspension "pops" within the first few days after the installation (shocks breaking in?), no noise, pops, squeaks.
6. High speed driving - increased feeling of stability (especially at 130, and certainly over 140 - OEM felt a bit "floaty" while the JOC feels planted -- again, fosters driver confidence.
7. Quality products offered from PFADT. I'm big on quality and when it comes to suspension, tires, brakes, etc... I have always felt it worth a bit more to get quality which hopefully equates to safety, longevity, and overall satisfaction.
9. The quick directional change, such as assertively going from one lane to the next when passing a slow poke is done with greater control with the JOC.

DTG
Hello
Yes you have certainly helped me deciding me about suspension package. Yes your review was not technical so I need to search more about technical issues but still it was a good one

Last edited by shockersdud; 01-30-2013 at 11:05 PM.
shockersdud is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
MEATHEAD1

Member #48881

My Corvette(s)
ZO6 07

16 way adjustable

I have 16 way adjustable PFADT, with 20 thousand miles on them bought a couple years back, you made a great choice
PFADT does not have these in shocks any more): but hey who cares they still work.
Just my two cents here
MEATHEAD1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
YES YOU CAN DRIVE IT,,,,JUST MAKE THE FIRST PAYMENT.

I'M a Post Whore <------its official now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.