Why not? - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Why not?

A couple of things...

The difference...

Just sayin'...
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
BadBlackVett
DC Crew

Member #118110

It's like a bad episode of The Twilight Zone where reality doesn't make sense and common sense is no longer "common."

BadBlackVett is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Irony. And we wonder why so many people have become dependent on the government when all they wanted was a chance to depend on themselves.

Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Irony. And we wonder why so many people have become dependent on the government when all they wanted was a chance to depend on themselves.

So, where in my post was there ANY reference to racism?

Those Jim Crow boys were democrats, btw...
and a lot of republicans (from the north) died to help those enslaved get the opportunity to advance...
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
So, where in my post was there ANY reference to racism?

Those Jim Crow boys were democrats, btw...
and a lot of republicans (from the north) died to help those enslaved get the opportunity to advance...
Okay, follow me here. I'm not saying that you made any reference to racism at all. I totally understand your post. However, there are those who look at the following signs and do see race:

Now think about this. It was the republicans that freed the slaves, but it was also the republicans who wouldn't allow those freed slaves to fight for their own freedom... at first. It was also those same republicans that felt those freed slaves were not equal to the men they were finally allowed to fight with.

To think that 100+ years after slavery, the republican party that did away with slavery can be so out of touch with the very people they blame for their present situation. To also think that the very party who wanted to keep slavery a way of life is now backed by a majority of the people they wanted to enslave. Now that's some ironic shit right there, wouldn't you agree?

I'm not knocking you or your post, I'm just looking at those signs and going, "Wow, where would we be as a nation if..."
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Okay, follow me here. I'm not saying that you made any reference to racism at all. I totally understand your post. However, there are those who look at the following signs and do see race:

Now think about this. It was the republicans that freed the slaves, but it was also the republicans who wouldn't allow those freed slaves to fight for their own freedom... at first. It was also those same republicans that felt those freed slaves were not equal to the men they were finally allowed to fight with.

To think that 100+ years after slavery, the republican party that did away with slavery can be so out of touch with the very people they blame for their present situation. To also think that the very party who wanted to keep slavery a way of life is now backed by a majority of the people they wanted to enslave. Now that's some ironic shit right there, wouldn't you agree?

I'm not knocking you or your post, I'm just looking at those signs and going, "Wow, where would we be as a nation if..."

I'm not so sure that your assumptions about the Republican party back in Lincoln's time are entirely accurate. I don't have the time right now to rebut you, but I'll come back and argue the less value than a white man and not allowing them to fight for their freedom stuff later.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
I'm not so sure that your assumptions about the Republican party back in Lincoln's time are entirely accurate. I don't have the time right now to rebut you, but I'll come back and argue the less value than a white man and not allowing them to fight for their freedom stuff later.
Not assumptions, FACTS. Make sure you research it well. I've been studying the Civil War for the last 5 months and I honestly am embarrassed by how much I didn't know about my own history. They did NOT teach this aspect of the Civil War in school when I went. I can't get enough of the information that I am finding. So come armed!

Did you know that blacks proudly fought for the Confederacy of their own free will???
Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:

2 things:
1: There are more whites on food stamps and welfare than blacks.
2: If reading that sign induces feelings of racism in someone I (personally) wonder if:
a: They identify with the negative connotation of 'handouts' and 'depencency', and more importantly I wonder, "why?"
b: Somehow THEY are being referred to as animals...

as far as a) I've had tough times and have had to resort to 'handouts' which caused me to 'dependent' on another party. I didn't like it and did everything I could to get back on my feet as soon as possible and repaid it. So, I've experienced that stigma. Furthermore, the programs that the government has put into place to enable handouts and dependency were either put into place by democrats or they have taken credit for them. An example of what I DID think was racist was that woman gushing about Obama's going to pay my mortgage and he's going to put gas in my tank, and he's going to give out free money...essentially glorifying the dependency...she put a whole lot of blacks down with that behavior, at least it made me feel very uncomfortable. What was it that Cosby said some years ago?

as far as b) There would be a lot more whites than blacks that would be lumped into that category.

Quote:
I don't understand at all how what Rubio, a minority himself, said in that statement that was derisive, or demeaning to blacks...

The problem, as I see it is, liberals, progressives, and the (eaten party - democrats) have been exclaiming that in America anyone is 'guaranteed' happiness. Guaranteed a great job, guaranteed a healthy life. So they implemented social security, welfare, War On Poverty, Medicare, Medicaid, Unemployment Insurance, Affirmative Action, ObamaCare, etc. Have they helped?

Republicans and Conservatives want to guarantee the liberty to pursue your dreams...anything worthwhile requires effort and work to attain.

Quote:

And who implemented the poll tax? Who implemented literacy tests to vote? Who started the Ku Klux Klan? Who did all those lynchings? What party did James Earl Ray belong to? Why was Martin Luther King a republican? Who filabustered against the Civil Rights Act? What were Johnson's famous words when he was about to get it passed?

As far as fighting for thier freedom, it was the southern democrats that wanted to secede from the union so they could keep their slaves in slavery forever.

As far as it being ironic, no, it's not. It was calculated. From the very beginning of the Civil Rights act, through all of the War On Poverty, it's been a calculated effort by the progressives to get the black vote and keep it, by promoting handouts and dependency. And they are bent on keeping it that way forever, because they know how thier programs work.

Having said all that I understand and have seen racism in republicans and conservatives. But I see just as much if not more from libs, progs, and dems...I also see them doing much more to promote it in order to widen the gap between dems and pubs and therefore keep 'blacks' as thier voting 'guarantee'.

I saw a black conservative woman in a video confronting a crowd of black people, she asked them a simple question, "If liberal's policies are so good for blacks, why are we still in so much poverty?" Pretty good point.

That's my, "Wow, where would we be as a nation if..."
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
I have absolutely no rebuttal for what you have posted as I agree with pretty much all of it. I just don't remember seeing posted anywhere on this site.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
I have absolutely no rebuttal for what you have posted as I agree with pretty much all of it. I just don't remember seeing posted anywhere on this site.
That's cool. I'm just trying to understand something I may never be able to...besides that, I suck at relationships...at least my ex-wife thinks so...
Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

ARkay, That was very well said.
PNHNDLE96CE is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
c3c7 norm
DC Crew

Member #120419

My Corvette(s)
C2 C3 C5(2) C6 C7

Good post, I'm liking Rubio more and more.
c3c7 norm is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
USAF Veteran/USCG Retired

USA USN USMC USCG USAF USAR USNR USMCR USCGR USAFR ARNG ANG USPHS NOAA USMM AUS CSA Police/Fire/EMS/EMT

Thank You For Your Service
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

WTF happened?

The formula is:
Point,
Disagreement,
Idiot,
Nazi,
Page 27

Quit f-ing up the rotation people
DarthAWM is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarthAWM For This Useful Post:
blckslvr79 (02-02-2013), MR BRNS C6 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
WTF happened?

The formula is:
Point,
Disagreement,
Idiot,
Nazi,
Page 27

Quit f-ing up the rotation people

Good job smartass!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #15
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

Quote:

Good job smartass!
This definitely wasn't a News Room thread.
DarthAWM is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.