How do we build a third party based on limited government and the Constitution? - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
How do we build a third party based on limited government and the Constitution?

Progressivism is taking root in this country, and the problem doesnít just lie in the Democratic party. The problem extends to the GOP too. What does the Republican party even stand for anymore other than winning elections? Theyíll do anything to win, even if it means compromising on the values and principles that made the conservative movement strong to begin with. Civil servants like Ted Cruz and Chris Stewart are unfortunately more the exceptions than the rule when it comes to conservative leadership in Washington. So what are the people who believe in the principles of small government and freedom supposed to do when they canít find a home in the Republican or Democratic parties?

Since he returned from vacation, Glenn has been saying itís time to look for a third party where people can find common ground based on the Constitution. Heís argued that people of different backgrounds and beliefs can come together on libertarian principles. But people need to have open and honest conversations in order to find the places where they can find the true big tent that will shape the future of the country.

In order to find this common ground, Glenn invited FOX News contributor Judge Napolitano, an expert on libertarian philosophy, onto the show to discuss the Constitution and how itís principles can lead to a resurgence of freedom and small government.

See the interview and read more here
ArKay99 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Progressivism is taking root in this country, and the problem doesnít just lie in the Democratic party. The problem extends to the GOP too. What does the Republican party even stand for anymore other than winning elections? Theyíll do anything to win, even if it means compromising on the values and principles that made the conservative movement strong to begin with. Civil servants like Ted Cruz and Chris Stewart are unfortunately more the exceptions than the rule when it comes to conservative leadership in Washington. So what are the people who believe in the principles of small government and freedom supposed to do when they canít find a home in the Republican or Democratic parties?

Since he returned from vacation, Glenn has been saying itís time to look for a third party where people can find common ground based on the Constitution. Heís argued that people of different backgrounds and beliefs can come together on libertarian principles. But people need to have open and honest conversations in order to find the places where they can find the true big tent that will shape the future of the country.

In order to find this common ground, Glenn invited FOX News contributor Judge Napolitano, an expert on libertarian philosophy, onto the show to discuss the Constitution and how itís principles can lead to a resurgence of freedom and small government.

See the interview and read more here
Republicans winning???? Since when are they concerned with that???

If they were concerned with winning, they'd run some electable politicians. The current Republican Party is just the right arm of the Democrat Party.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

It just can't happen, Tex is right. Conservative Constitutional People only make up about 25-30% of the country.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Did you guys watch both segments of the interview? There is a compelling way to do it, and it's revealed at the end of the 2nd segment.
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

The only way I'm afraid the only way is you are going to have to dig them up, if you get what I mean
walleyfisher is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
What does the Republican party even stand for anymore other than winning elections? Theyíll do anything to win, even if it means compromising on the values and principles that made the conservative movement strong to begin with.
That sounds so logical to deride the concept that we must win elections. But if you can't win elections, how can you have any effect on the direction of government? Which is better, to win by building coalitions (compromising) and get 50% of what you want, or lose all elections and get zero of what you want? This idea that compromise is a dirty word is fostered by the Tea Party and far right, but we live in a country with dramatically varied visions. Just because 20% think they have it right doesn't make it so. The Republican Party simply understands that philosophy comes second to politics in a representative republic.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Ok...forget it then...
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
That sounds so logical to deride the concept that we must win elections. But if you can't win elections, how can you have any effect on the direction of government? Which is better, to win by building coalitions (compromising) and get 50% of what you want, or lose all elections and get zero of what you want? This idea that compromise is a dirty word is fostered by the Tea Party and far right, but we live in a country with dramatically varied visions. Just because 20% think they have it right doesn't make it so. The Republican Party simply understands that philosophy comes second to politics in a representative republic.
Evidently not, they lost 2 times to the worst president in history. Watched their poster boy for conservative justice hand Obama his signature healthcare law, and move in everyway possible to prevent conservatives from taking the power away from the left wing of the party.

We voted with you and got Bush 1, we voted with you and got Bush 2, twice. Time for your kind to practice some of your compromise with folks who aren't the enemy..
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Ok...forget it then...
It's a war, gotta win heart and minds. But right now, most minds are on survival and for a very large percentage of the country that means big government.

Until the funds are cut off, this will go on indefinitely. The Fed actually bought more treasury's than the treasury issued last month. It's the same as if you and I could print $100 bills, we would spend until we couldn't print anymore. There is no downside for those in power..
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
It's a war, gotta win heart and minds. But right now, most minds are on survival and for a very large percentage of the country that means big government.

Until the funds are cut off, this will go on indefinitely. The Fed actually bought more treasury's than the treasury issued last month. It's the same as if you and I could print $100 bills, we would spend until we couldn't print anymore. There is no downside for those in power..
Still gotta start somewhere. It's how Theodore and Wilson got started. No easy and quick fix now...
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Still gotta start somewhere. It's how Theodore and Wilson got started. No easy and quick fix now...
I'm all for it. But getting the "I don't care about the republic or the constitution" element of the GOP on board is going to be tricky.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #12
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
I'm all for it. But getting the "I don't care about the republic or the constitution" element of the GOP on board is going to be tricky.
You can't win without winning the hearts and minds of the middle, because there aren't enough of you alone. There is no alternative. So you either have to 1) actually convince another 25% of voters to think exactly the same as you or 2) compromise on some issues while standing on others -- prioritize and accept incremental change. #1 is impossible. #2 can be done, but it requires patience and perseverence.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
You can't win without winning the hearts and minds of the middle, because there aren't enough of you alone. There is no alternative. So you either have to 1) actually convince another 25% of voters to think exactly the same as you or 2) compromise on some issues while standing on others -- prioritize and accept incremental change. #1 is impossible. #2 can be done, but it requires patience and perseverence.
Tex....forget it...they're not listening. Each election cycle they'll try to move further and further the right because that's the "correct" direction for the country...and they'll get less and less of the vote.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
I'm all for it.
I know. Been there since day one.
Quote:
But getting the "I don't care about the republic or the constitution" element of the GOP on board is going to be tricky.
Shouldn't waste time on them then...
Like you said, when the pain becomes personally great enough, they'll look for change. It may take 100 years. That's how long it took Theodore and Wilson.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #15
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Tex....forget it...they're not listening. Each election cycle they'll try to move further and further the right because that's the "correct" direction for the country...and they'll get less and less of the vote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.