Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

2014 Wrecked in Arizon

42K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 · (Edited)
2014 Wrecked in Arizona

Got this picture e-mailed from a friend in Arizona last week with the following description:
"Driving through some mountains in Arizona about 30 minutes ago. In some tight switchbacks when we passed this '14 Vette. Cop had just arrived. Car is in worse shape than looks. Hit guardrail on left and bounced back to rocks."

Somebody had a bad day...

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Hmm, looking at this picture has had an odd effect on me...seeing the C7 in a real world situation, without all the studio lights and surrounded by people, you can finally see the overall design theme of the car. I had never noticed before how the shape of the "c pillars" (for lack of a better phrase) work together with the fenders to accentuate the rear of the car, it's forming some very interesting planes, and the rear lights actually make sense when you see the car from this angle...they are shaped by the flow of the quarter panels.

Oh yeah, and it's too bad the car is wrecked, but it sure looks pretty sitting there anyway. Hope the driver is okay.

#14 ·
Another site has a better pic of the car. Looks like this is the blue car that was in the Arizona pics earlier. The video that was posted earlier, same car then too. Bummer! Looks like the car held up good if it bounced off a guardrail, would love to see the other side.

#16 ·
Official statement from Chevrolet:
"We can confirm that during routine testing, a Stingray was involved in a one-car accident. During evaluation, due to driver error the inside tire caught the edge of the pavement during a tight corner, leading to the accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt, the car received only minor damage, and no citations were issued."

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2013/02/13/chevrolet-comments-on-the-2014-c7-corvette-stingray-accident/?utm_campaign=corvetteblogger&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_content=0213913_chevrolet-comments-on-the-2014-c7-corvette-stingray-accident

#18 ·
#30 ·
Wow, you make a valid point! I never looked at it that way. I was just sick of the rear end and the front grill. I liked everything else but using your thumb view, you make a very good point. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.