Dear Senate: Please Ask Bernanke To Explain This - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Dear Senate: Please Ask Bernanke To Explain This

Each time the Fed's balance sheet is expanded, gas prices at the pump surge... strange coincidence or entirely to be expected consequence of flooding the world with newly printed money. Dear Senate, please ask Bernanke to explain this... on Humphrey-Hawkins Report days, gas prices have only been higher once - right before the entire financial market collapsed.

Correlation does not imply causation... except when all the correlations are caused by the Fed:

Charts: Bloomberg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...rnanke-explain
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vette_Newb For This Useful Post:
rickv (02-26-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
The problem with this is, so many people are just so oblivious to what is occurring in politics, they don't even know what sequestering is. I watched Bill Shultz interviewing people on the streets and he asked them what sequestering was. Out of about 15 people only one knew what it was. One woman that it was when you get bad grades in school you have to go get sequestered.

If the public, in general, is so mind-numbed about this one issue...how would they even begin to grasp what the FED does...

...and so it goes.

When the time comes, the herd will get thinned by natural selection. The gene pool is corrupted.
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
The problem with this is, so many people are just so oblivious to what is occurring in politics, they don't even know what sequestering is. I watched Bill Shultz interviewing people on the streets and he asked them what sequestering was. Out of about 15 people only one knew what it was. One woman that it was when you get bad grades in school you have to go get sequestered.

If the public, in general, is so mind-numbed about this one issue...how would they even begin to grasp what the FED does...

...and so it goes.

When the time comes, the herd will get thinned by natural selection. The gene pool is corrupted.
Sounds like the department of education is working as designed.
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

You have baffled me with bullshit. I see a lot of pretty squiggly lines. Do I think the Fed does everything right? Nope. Am I very concerned about the amount of money they are printing with no end in sight? Yep. But it doesn't take a dark conspiracy for these things to be happening. The Fed is responding to the financial crisis with the only tools it has available. I'm not sure we would be better off if they had done the opposite of what they did over the last 5 years. I'm not sure anyone can say for sure what the result would have been. It might have been better, or it might have been much worse.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Sounds like the department of education is working as designed.
What department of education? Do you mean the department of indoctrination?
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
You have baffled me with bullshit. I see a lot of pretty squiggly lines. Do I think the Fed does everything right? Nope. Am I very concerned about the amount of money they are printing with no end in sight? Yep. But it doesn't take a dark conspiracy for these things to be happening. The Fed is responding to the financial crisis with the only tools it has available. I'm not sure we would be better off if they had done the opposite of what they did over the last 5 years. I'm not sure anyone can say for sure what the result would have been. It might have been better, or it might have been much worse.
How is it bullshit? And who has the Fed helped? There is no mention of conspiracy, just putting into layman's terms the direct correlation of bad Fed policy and gasoline prices.

1 thing is for sure, had the Fed not spent the last 4.5 years printing money to bailout failed banks and failed European banks the US consumer would be much better off. There is no arguing that point as it has well covered by every legitimate (No, Krugman isn't legitimate) economist who understands the difference between Keynesian economics and Austrian economics. The Fed, Congress, and the Keynes's policies have failed.

You always claim to not understand this subject, in the same sentence you accuse me of posting bullshit about the subject. Make up your mind, either you understand the topic or you don't. I do.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
You always claim to not understand this subject, in the same sentence you accuse me of posting bullshit about the subject. Make up your mind, either you understand the topic or you don't. I do.
OK, I don't.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
OK, I don't.
Good. Now quit telling those of us who do have a pretty good understanding, that we are full of shit and obama and the bots are not.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Good. Now quit telling those of us who do have a pretty good understanding, that we are full of shit and obama and the bots are not.
Oh, damn. I just hate sitting on the sidelines while a game is being played.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Oh, damn. I just hate sitting on the sidelines while a game is being played.
Well, at least get in on the home team's side. You claim to vote that way..
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Yes, yes...indeeeeeeeeeed....so brilliant, yet so isolated...and no ability to convince anyone that what you say, post or regurgitate the the best course of action...

If it's so obvious to you...and your merry band of followers here...why is it that it gets no real traction in Realitytown? You'd think that you'd have scores of people gathered under the banner of "do what's best for the country and we'll all prosper." I for one am always ready and willing to listen...and yet in the end, I find myself disappointed.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Yes, yes...indeeeeeeeeeed....so brilliant, yet so isolated...and no ability to convince anyone that what you say, post or regurgitate the the best course of action...
blah blah blah.. your just a new version of etoxic. And if it's so hard to convince anyone, why are most noted economist saying the same thing genius? The only ones saying the opposite is the administration and the puppet media.

Quote:
If it's so obvious to you...and your merry band of followers here...why is it that it gets no real traction in Realitytown? You'd think that you'd have scores of people gathered under the banner of "do what's best for the country and we'll all prosper." I for one am always ready and willing to listen...and yet in the end, I find myself disappointed.
Poor you.. you have my pity, but not my sympathy.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #13
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
OK, I don't.
Neither do I. 2 charts show loose inverse relationships...and 2 show more direct relationships. And the first chart just shows was the price of gas was on those particular days...with no context as to where it was on the days before or after. How are we to know if "prices surged" unless we see the days and weeks prior and after?

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #14
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
blah blah blah.. your just a new version of etoxic. And if it's so hard to convince anyone, why are most noted economist saying the same thing genius? The only ones saying the opposite is the administration and the puppet media.

Poor you.. you have my pity, but not my sympathy.
Whatever...you can keep playing the role of the old man sitting on his porch yelling at the squirrels. Again...if it were SO obvious, then there should be a candidate that can roll out in front of the country, explain it in everyday terms and get the support of 70% of the people, hands down. Unfortunately, that never happens because it appears that most of us are missing the super secret decoder ring that only comes in Cracker Jack boxes.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Neither do I. 2 charts show loose inverse relationships...and 2 show more direct relationships. And the first chart just shows was the price of gas was on those particular days...with no context as to where it was on the days before or after. How are we to know if "prices surged" unless we see the days and weeks prior and after?
The charts are in months..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.