2nd amendment - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
View Poll Results: What does the 2nd amendment mean?
It means what it says, in plain english 29 93.55%
It means something different than what it says 1 3.23%
It means the SCOTUS needs to interpret plain english for me 0 0%
I don't know, I'm a moron. 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

2nd amendment

Since there seems to be a serious language barrier regarding this issue, what do you think it means?
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

I dunno....maybe I need someone else to tell me what "shall not be infringed" means....
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 02-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
It means what it says in plain English, but there are far too many that want it rewritten because they are either all ascared, paranoid, dim witted, or seek power and an armed citizenery and that stands in thier way.
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 02-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)

my wife was scared of guns and was uncomfortable being around mine....until she realized that they were not going to do bad things and that they were really just inanimate objects....
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 02-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
rlphvac
DC Crew

Member #68962

My Corvette(s)
81 C3

It means Fuck obama
rlphvac is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rlphvac For This Useful Post:
ArKay99 (02-10-2014), blckslvr79 (02-12-2014), gmjunkie (02-11-2014), Pops71lives (02-10-2014), rdevaux2007 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

DarthAWM is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
Grim-Reaper
DC Crew

Member #44267

My Corvette(s)
'95 6-Speed Coupe

All I want to know is, who voted for the, "It means something different than what it says" option?

Grim-Reaper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Care to dance?
The Following User Says Thank You to Grim-Reaper For This Useful Post:
ArKay99 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #8
The Torch
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #799

My Corvette(s)
2004 Black/Mod Red-Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim-Reaper View Post
All I want to know is, who voted for the, "It means something different than what it says" option?

We could tell you but then we would have to shoot you
The Torch is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RACING...Because with baseball, football, basketball, tennis, and golf, you only need one ball

I used to think that I had learned patience as I got older. Then I realized that I just didn't give a shit
Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #9
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
I dunno....maybe I need someone else to tell me what "shall not be infringed" means....
Funny how we always skip to that part and gloss over the part about a well regulated militia. Just sayin. If we're gonna parse words, might as well inspect all of them.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #10
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Funny how we always skip to that part and gloss over the part about a well regulated militia. Just sayin. If we're gonna parse words, might as well inspect all of them.
the "militia" you speak of was the people. THAT part, from what I have seen, is not in question....

Old 02-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #11
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
the "militia" you speak of was the people. THAT part, from what I have seen, is not in question....
Absolutely! The young country was too poor to be able to afford a standing army, so they depended on a militia that could be called up on short notice in case a military threat appeared.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #12
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Absolutely! The young country was too poor to be able to afford a standing army, so they depended on a militia that could be called up on short notice in case a military threat appeared.
I know where you are going with this. That concept was just fine in that era, but not practical for the modern world. We would get trucked in any conflict.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #13
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
I know where you are going with this. That concept was just fine in that era, but not practical for the modern world. We would get trucked in any conflict.
Nope. I'm not one of those. I just think it's a little easy to focus on the "shall not be infringed" part while ignoring the "well regulated militia". The gun lobby has spent decades trying to erase that part - VN did it yesterday when he claimed "Regulated" meant "supplied". I thought he said the Constitution was written in plain English that all of us could understand. I'm pretty sure I know what regulated means - and it's not supplied.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Nope. I'm not one of those. I just think it's a little easy to focus on the "shall not be infringed" part while ignoring the "well regulated militia". The gun lobby has spent decades trying to erase that part - VN did it yesterday when he claimed "Regulated" meant "supplied". I thought he said the Constitution was written in plain English that all of us could understand. I'm pretty sure I know what regulated means - and it's not supplied.
Coming from this particular group of "Radical extreme possible terrorist (the founders)" I don't think it means anything remotely close to what you or Barry think it does..
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #15
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Coming from this particular group of "Radical extreme possible terrorist (the founders)" I don't think it means anything remotely close to what you or Barry think it does..
To be clear, I am a second amendment advocate. I just intellectually disapprove of some of the logical hoops gun rights groups jump through to make their points. If they are going to argue, they need to be willing to shoot straight and include an honest discussion of the whole sentence. Saying in one breath that it means what it says, and then arguing that the meaning of one critical word has changed is not a way to win the debate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.