Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Be wary, wary quite were hunting Vette "SS"... New Pics of LS9 Engine folks!

74K views 74 replies 36 participants last post by  jrwalker2 
#1 · (Edited)
Be wary, wary quite were hunting Vette "SS"... New Pics of LS9 Engine folks!

(Admin edit: The member edited the post and removed the links to the pictures for his own reasons, but they are still available here . Just to be clear, we have not received any requests to take down any pictures... not like it would matter at this point anyway considering 20,000+ people have already seen them.)

I think I've got exclusive pictures of the latest quoted "650 BHP" Corvette SS engine. Folks, this may already out on the web if not here's your first Pictures of the new LS9 Corvette 650 HP engine.... Enjoy!

See less See more
#9 ·
Rather than getting into a pissing match with you and other doubting thomas

WIT911 said:
Do you have any documentation to support your claim? :huh:
Here's the deal.... I live in Detroit. I had relatives that orginally worked on the C6 Z06 project... Look up my orginal posts in 2003/2004 when I spec'd out the current Z06 in 2003. I have associates that work at local contract engine build companies near the Warren Tech center. Hopefully this is enough background info for you without causing folks to lose their jobs?

Yes, it is a Super charged 6.2L I'll post the pictures. This engine is no one off this was polished and dyno'd ready for the show! 650 HP folks! It's true.

#10 ·
In Norms defense this is a post from 3/10/2004 I just found doing a quick search. I'd say he knows something...

have seen almost final assembly diagrams of the ZO6 and can tell you that the front of the ZO6 has an air scoop just infront of the hood line. In addition, the engine will be a 7.0 L producing 495 to 500 hp. Special brakes will also be in the ZO6 package. Battery placement will be in the rear of the car.

#11 ·
norm said:
Here's the deal.... I live in Detroit. I had relatives that orginally worked on the C6 Z06 project... Look up my orginal posts in 2003/2004 when I spec'd out the current Z06 in 2003. I have associates that work at local contract engine build companies near the Warren Tech center. Hopefully this is enough background info for you without causing folks to lose their jobs?

Yes, it is a Super charged 6.2L I'll post the pictures. This engine is no one off this was polished and dyno'd ready for the show! 650 HP folks! It's true.
Norm... any ideas what Corvette platform (current or future) that it'll be going in?

#15 · (Edited)
GTPprix said:
Thats actually the LSA for the Escalade V Series and it's not 650 horse close but no cigar ;)
Ahhhhh, I new one of you folks (GMMers???) would come out of the wood works! No.... LSA with a blower on the top... Sorry. The LSA was on a the engine stand around the corner of the shop. The heads, coil packs, intake, etc.. didn't even look close to the same. However, they were working with the Cadillac Escalade engine too! Hmmmmm????

On hindsight. I suspect the General could pull the plug on this package right upto launch.....or just doing marketing studies. I was told this engine was going to be rolled out to the press.....an Escalade with 650 HP all right!

#20 ·
Norm,

Thanks for the heads up pics! However, that MUST be a truck engine. The top of that bruiser must be 6 to 7 inches taller than that of the current LSx. Add 6 to 7 inches to the current bulge in C6 and try to imagine street life and parking that thing.

Wonder if this means the V12 is dead? We've been hearing about that engine being destined for the escalade for a long time. 650 HP is very cool, but not the correct tech direction for a Caddy [luxo / sport / sedan / coupe] car, IMHO.

#22 ·
They announced that it was dead, but I have a feeling that it isn.

GM is very soon going to show off a 4 dour coupe with a V-12 engine in Cadillac skin. This should happen within the next few months, but when they announced that it sounded a lot like the Sixteen or some version of it.

#23 ·
norm said:
I was told Corvette SS and the "Blue Devil". I think it was code words for the current platform and a new one in the works!
Working on Pics for body "SS" You won't be disappointed folks!!!!

Ok, so we r not looking at the new LS9 right?? or no?? anyhow are they already working on the body?? and u saying we wont be dissapointed sounds like u know more, now spill dude!!!:spanked:

#24 ·
that is the truck version of the supercharged 6.2 liter. as for the body i am sure he is talking about the hood and other body mods that will have to show up on this car. the hood is going to have to look at least like the rk sport hood.....god i hope they do better then that

#25 · (Edited)
Explorer_97 said:
GMs V12 program has been dead for quite some time.
It has been published, I believe in GM High Tech mag, that the GENIII based V10 has been brought back to life after being being shelved many years ago... haven't heard much about a V12. Funny, the same mag wrote a little blurb months earlier about the V10 with a "what could have been" take. The pics show a basic hard plastic mockup... pretty cool stuff.

... and the pics posted in this thread... as already stated I agree this is a truck motor. There is no friggin way that harmonic balancer will fit in a C6... unless they move the rack forward about 3-4 inches... or behind the motor ala GTO? Imagine the hood needed to cover that package sitting on top of the motor. Also notice the 8 bolts on the crank hub... not even the LS7 has that upgrade...

#26 ·
DOC7000 said:
They announced that it was dead, but I have a feeling that it isn.

GM is very soon going to show off a 4 dour coupe with a V-12 engine in Cadillac skin. This should happen within the next few months, but when they announced that it sounded a lot like the Sixteen or some version of it.
Like you I take the "It's dead" leak with a grain of salt. Miss-information is the easiest way to discredit a leaked project. If Cad is to go waaay upscale, they must have more than 8 cyls available for at least one hallmark model. Although BMW is lending credit to a V-10, I think Cad needs more than 10 cyls for creditability. Cad's 16 was a very impressive vehicle in person, but that was "one" HUGE engine - litterally twice the weight of an LSx. I guess the fixed bore centers for GMs CNC machines prevent the economical production of a shorter, small bore 16 ... as far as we know anyway. The 12 just makes more sense to me, unless they've found a way to shorten and lighten the 16. Otherwise, I think we will see a production version of the Cad "16 car" with a V12.

However, if still alive this 12 has been in development for a loooong time. If the picture at the beginning of this thread is truely destined for an escalade, my belief that the V12 is still standy by waiting for a ride, is shaken just a bit.

Could be that ONLY the Hallmark Cad will have an exclusive 12, or maybe 16?

It's late and I'm confused now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.