Pfadt Racing launches C5 Rear Tow Hook - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - General Discussion
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C5 Corvette - General Discussion General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
AaronPfadt
Supporting Manufacturer

Member #39981

My Corvette(s)
1969 Conv, 2006 Z51, 1999 Coupe - Track star

Pfadt Racing launches C5 Rear Tow Hook

We know that a lot of you have been getting hooked on Track Days - the more serious you get, the more you'll need this rear tow hook. If you find you've overcooked it into a turn and can't stay on the track, the safety crew will easily locate this hook and pull you out safely. Otherwise, they'll loop their tow strap to whatever they can find!

Designed of light, strong stainless steel and powdercoated racing red, this tow hook will have you out of the gravel in no time. The corner worker's will thank you!

You won't need to drill any holes because it mounts easily with existing bolts. It is strong and light and you'll have an easy time installing it for your next Track Day.

This piece is sized well for the front as well, but you'll need to drill two holes in the subframe and then bolt it on. Retails for $75.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

-Aaron

Last edited by AaronPfadt; 12-07-2007 at 06:20 PM.
AaronPfadt is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
WIT911
DC Crew

Member #13981
Location: Hiding in the dark shadow preparing to jump at you and say "hello there"

My Corvette(s)
'93 40th Annv Coupe (sold), '03 MY Roadster (sold), 2007 LMB Coupe (Grand Sport Tribute)

Got plans for a C6 version?
WIT911 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

You're gonna need to send some of those to Patrick. Sometimes I think he thinks he's Ivan Stewart.
raidmagic is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
AaronPfadt
Supporting Manufacturer

Member #39981

My Corvette(s)

For the C6 we currently sell a Brey-Krause piece for $129.

As for Patrick, the comparison to Ivan Stewart is pretty darn funny!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
WIT911
DC Crew

Member #13981
Location: Hiding in the dark shadow preparing to jump at you and say "hello there"

My Corvette(s)
'93 40th Annv Coupe (sold), '03 MY Roadster (sold), 2007 LMB Coupe (Grand Sport Tribute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPfadt View Post
For the C6 we currently sell a Brey-Krause piece for $129.
Thanks, I'll have to check those out.
WIT911 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
RKT ROY
DC Crew

Member #51410

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Coupe MN6

Where will it stick out in front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPfadt View Post
This piece is sized well for the front as well, but you'll need to drill two holes in the subframe and then bolt it on.
Please let us know if you have any questions.

-Aaron
Aaron,
Looks like a great product. If you put one on the front of a C5, where does it poke out? Do you have a photo of a front installation?

Thanks.
Roy.
RKT ROY is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RKT ROY

2001 Coupe, Callaway Honker & Throttle Body, Granatelli MAF, 160 deg theromostat, TB coolant bypass, Pfadt oil cooler, CCA PCV Oil Catch Can, MagnaFlow xpipe & exhaust, SLP tune, Taylor ThunderVolt wires, Kirban shifter, Sparco Evo seat, Simpson harnesses, AZ Speed & Marine harness bar with fire ext. & camera mount, Pfadt camber plates, Hotchkis sway bars, NAPA rotors, Ate Super Blue, Hawk HP+ pads, ACI front brake ducts, Hoosier R6 285/30R18 F, 315/30R18 R track tires, Underguards, Pfadt front tow loop, DrawTite hitch, DriftBox & FastLine Track Pro driver aids
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #7
AaronPfadt
Supporting Manufacturer

Member #39981

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT ROY View Post
Aaron,
Looks like a great product. If you put one on the front of a C5, where does it poke out? Do you have a photo of a front installation?

Thanks.
Roy.
Roy,

It comes out through the 'fog light area'. I'm not sure what else to call those not really vented areas in the front of a C5. On a Z06 you would have to trim the mesh to allow it to stick out, on a non-Z, you have to trim the plastic a little. Only on the top though so it is hidden. I'll try to post a picture of one on my C5 and then maybe later on a car that is a little less 'modified'.

You can put it on either side of the car, your choice.

-Aaron
Old 11-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
Full-TLT
DC Crew

Member #55972

My Corvette(s)
2001 Z06

Just what the Dr. ordered! Thx.
Full-TLT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #9
Brian Klepper
Supporting Manufacture

Member #67246

C5 Front tow hook install

Here are a couple of photos showing the installation of our new C5 front tow hook. The placement can be on either side. The install will require the removal of a few under hood panels, drilling 2 holes and inserting 2 rivots into the frame. Installation is easy and looks great when finished! The tow hook will come with fluent instructions for all, and has great photos to guide you through. If you have any questions you can call any of us at Pfadt and we'll be more than happy to walk you through!!

The price on this new product is $90
and it comes with the Tow Hook, 2 Bolts, 2 Rivet-nuts and a simple to use riveting tool. The only difference between this kit and the rear is the extra hardware.

Drilling and Placement

The Finished Product

Race Car Tow Hook

Good Luck

Last edited by Brian Klepper; 12-08-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Brian Klepper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian
Pfadt Race Engineering
888-972-2464
Brian@pfadtracing.com
1525 S Gladiola St
Unit #1
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Old 12-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #10
RKT ROY
DC Crew

Member #51410

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Coupe MN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Klepper View Post
Here are a couple of photos showing the installation of our new C5 front tow hook. The placement can be on either side. The install will require the removal of a few under hood panels, drilling 2 holes and inserting 2 rivots into the frame. Installation is easy and looks great when finished! The tow hook will come with fluent instructions for all, and has great photos to guide you through. If you have any questions you can call any of us at Pfadt and we'll be more than happy to walk you through!!

and it comes with the Tow Hook, 2 Bolts, 2 Rivots and a simple to use riveting tool. The only difference between this kit and the rear is the extra hardware.
Ugh! I just ordered and received (like yesterday) my rear tow hook with the intent of installing it on the front. Little did I know that you guys were just about to kit up a front application for the tow hook. Would it be possible for me to order the hardware, tool, and instructions from you and pay the difference?
Thanks.
Roy.
RKT ROY

2001 Coupe, Callaway Honker & Throttle Body, Granatelli MAF, 160 deg theromostat, TB coolant bypass, Pfadt oil cooler, CCA PCV Oil Catch Can, MagnaFlow xpipe & exhaust, SLP tune, Taylor ThunderVolt wires, Kirban shifter, Sparco Evo seat, Simpson harnesses, AZ Speed & Marine harness bar with fire ext. & camera mount, Pfadt camber plates, Hotchkis sway bars, NAPA rotors, Ate Super Blue, Hawk HP+ pads, ACI front brake ducts, Hoosier R6 285/30R18 F, 315/30R18 R track tires, Underguards, Pfadt front tow loop, DrawTite hitch, DriftBox & FastLine Track Pro driver aids
Old 12-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
Brian Klepper
Supporting Manufacture

Member #67246

No problem!
Brian Klepper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian
Pfadt Race Engineering
888-972-2464
Brian@pfadtracing.com
1525 S Gladiola St
Unit #1
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Old 12-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #12
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

I need those... because they look cool as hell... and I go off the track more than anyone.
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #13
RKT ROY
DC Crew

Member #51410

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Coupe MN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Klepper View Post

and it comes with the Tow Hook, 2 Bolts, 2 Rivet-nuts and a simple to use riveting tool. The only difference between this kit and the rear is the extra hardware.

Good Luck

Thanks Brian for sending me the stuff to convert my rear tow hook into a front tow hook. You guys at Pfadt are the greatest!
Roy.
RKT ROY

Old 12-26-2007, 06:58 AM   #14
01z06racing
DC Crew

Member #67850

My Corvette(s)
2001 Z06

I have a VaraRam intake so the proposed location for the front hook was not an option..... I like things symetrical so I took the front tow hook and welded a few inches on it and then welded it to the frame under the radiator---then removed the front license cover and put a slot in it and shoved the hook out. It looks like a tongue hanging out. And after a day at the track, I am sure it is panting..

01z06racing is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
''01 Speedway White. RapidMotorsports 427 package, LS2 Block, 573 RWHP, 529 FT LB, 1 7/8 Kooks with no cats or mufflers, (ear plugs required) RPM Transmission & Quaife Diff, Pfadt Coil-Over Suspension, and the Propeller!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #15
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01z06racing View Post
And after a day at the track, I am sure it is panting..
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.