Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

[REAL DEAL!] Supercharged LS9 Engine Pics!!!

70K views 173 replies 91 participants last post by  USA1C5 
#1 ·
Haven't seen these posted here:

See less See more
#2 ·
Smokin' Hot:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#32 ·
That's easy enough. Blue means, :cool:, and :thumbsup: . Maybe this will quiet down those folks that think that "BLUE is a "sissy" color, or a "girly" color. I'm thinking BLUE means FAAAAAAASSSSSST!! :surprised :cheers: :cheers:

#33 ·
I'd have to agree with this comment. Rick Conti said something awhile back about being able to order different caliper colors in the future. Maybe this will be the reason? With the pricetag this thing will carry I would hope you can personalize it even more than we can on current C6s!

Just think...Black ZR1...Competition Gray rims.....red calipers...red engine dress....maybe red spark plug wires.... I'm getting a hard-on just thinking about it.

I am counting down the days until the NCM Reveal event at NAIAS. I plan on bringing the HD camcorder to it to capture its beauty in 1080!

#15 ·
This here GM is Patrick, you may know him from such episodes as leaking Z06 press photos days before the unveiling and having a damn near close SS chop as our header :laughing:

#16 ·
Hood window? Why?

Why does the hood need a window? The intercooler portion of the engine looks like a shaker scoop especially with the baffle that runs around its edge that seats it to the hood. That should be enough, shouldn’t it? Wouldn’t a Plexiglas piece just be redundant?

Maybe the hood window is pre-production and the shaker look is final production?

- Mike

#17 ·
Why does the hood need a window? The intercooler portion of the engine looks like a shaker scoop especially with the baffle that runs around its edge that seats it to the hood. That should be enough, shouldn’t it? Wouldn’t a Plexiglas piece just be redundant?

- Mike
Good point....maybe they don't want to be accused of copying Ford and Chrysler and Pontiac. Better to copy Ferrari and Lambo

#20 ·
Damn can you imagine, 800 to the tire with a pulley change/exhaust and tune....and KB or TT good for 1,000 to the tire..........I see alot of these being wrecked!:partyon: :partyon:

#41 ·
WOW.

Anyone notice the size and shape of the exhaust manifold tubes, and the exit flange. Huge!
Same ones currently used on the LS7.

And that supercharger belt seems a bit wider for a production car.
It is because its part of the serpentine system that also drives the power steering pump, and H2O pump, along with the supercharger.

Is that the PS pump On the engine (driverside, top)?

Rock

Yes

#27 ·
:cool:

#29 ·
WONDER IF I CAN SQUEEZE ONE INTO MY C5 ?:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.