Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums (https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge (https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   When White People Riot... (https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231978)

Junkman2008 11-26-2014 11:39 AM

When White People Riot...

At first, I thought this was a SNL skit or something like that but once I clicked on the video, I realized that it was a real riot... for Pumpkin Feast?! :laughing:

And what do white folks have against winning a national championship? Black folks love those and usually use that occasion to get drunk, not tear up the neighborhood! :laughing:

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/20/opinion...iref=obnetwork

fatguyzinc 11-26-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkman2008 (Post 2773042)

And what do white folks have against winning a national championship? Black folks love those and usually use that occasion to get drunk, not tear up the neighborhood! :laughing:
]

apparently we've forgotten the bulls championships....:thud:

HardcoreABN 11-26-2014 01:28 PM

remember when LA burned when OJ was found acquitted?

Me neither....:rolling: Too busy WORKING

blckslvr79 11-26-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatguyzinc (Post 2773146)
apparently we've forgotten the bulls championships....:thud:

:agree:

Editor's note: Sally Kohn is an activist, columnist and television commentator. Follow her on Twitter: @sallykohn. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

That's all you need to know about that article.

blckslvr79 11-26-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN (Post 2773202)
remember when LA burned when OJ was found acquitted?

Me neither....:rolling: Too busy WORKING

:laughing:

fyreline 11-26-2014 01:45 PM

Just my opinion here, as always . . .

I think the media have entirely misread the changing tenor of the nation. While their constant Liberal rantings have - up to this point - always seemed to find a willing audience, I see a lot of people who formerly were "on the fence" are now watching what is unfolding in Ferguson and saying, "ENOUGH of this shit!"

Again, just my opinion, but I think that the radical left-wing whackos have WAY overplayed their hand on this incident. One of the dangers resulting from that may be a turning away from any meaningful pursuit of improved race relations . . . which is still badly needed and must, to be successful, start within the black community itself. I worry about a wedge being driven between white Americans and black Americans by individuals with their own agendas, and (no pun intended) no skin in the game. They fly in, agitate, and fly out.

And the residents of Ferguson are left to pick up the pieces. How many of those looted, burned-out business will re-open? Damned few, I'll bet. This entire incident is a true tragedy all the way around. The Browns have lost their son to the thug lifestyle, and although Mom & Dad may deny that and try to portray Michael Brown as an angel, the facts, evidence and testimony all say otherwise. Police Officer Darren Wilson has a very difficult future ahead for him and his family. There are no winners here.

And again, America is crying "ENOUGH!".I think the MSM would do well to back off of this 24/7 "Let's Make Michael a Martyr" coverage. It definitely is having an effect . . . but I think they're misreading what that effect is, or what the long-term ramifications may be. Time will tell, I guess.

C6 CRUZR 11-26-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blckslvr79 (Post 2773210)

Editor's note: Sally Kohn is an activist, columnist and television commentator. Follow her on Twitter: @sallykohn. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

:thumbsup: Exactly!
The disturbance in the video had absolutely little to do with the pumpkin festival. These were drunk college students
(Keene State College) on a weekend drunken rampage.
....and unless the school is segregated, this was probably not
an "all white riot".
LMAO! :rolling:

ddregehr 11-26-2014 02:12 PM

Let's reverse the Ferguson situation - a white kid shot by a black cop. What happens when the officer is acquitted? Where is THAT media coverage?

http://wreg.com/2014/11/25/salt-lake...med-white-man/

Had a blood alcohol level that was high, but no weapon. Where is the outrage? He hadn't just robbed a convenience store or even attacked the officer. He wasn't high just drunk as a skunk.

Isn't it racist to think a white cop is guilty when a black cop isn't? Blacks tell us white folk we are racist, but it can go both ways.

blckslvr79 11-26-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddregehr (Post 2773282)
Let's reverse the Ferguson situation - a white kid shot by a black cop. What happens when the officer is acquitted? Where is THAT media coverage?

http://wreg.com/2014/11/25/salt-lake...med-white-man/

Had a blood alcohol level that was high, but no weapon. Where is the outrage? He hadn't just robbed a convenience store or even attacked the officer. He wasn't high just drunk as a skunk.

Isn't it racist to think a white cop is guilty when a black cop isn't? Blacks tell us white folk we are racist, but it can go both ways.

no no no.
Blacks can't be racist. Only white's can be racist.
:thumbsup:

87vette70TA 11-26-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blckslvr79 (Post 2773410)
no no no.
Blacks can't be racist. Only white's can be racist.
:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltjowC37AM

Beat that Fuckers Ass Junk.
Then Bam.

Junkman2008 11-26-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blckslvr79 (Post 2773210)

So are you saying that her article has NO merit, no truth whatsoever??? :huh:

fatguyzinc 11-26-2014 09:52 PM

i will directly quote the comedian chris rock on this one--"there's black people, and then theres "N---"...and black people HATE "N"---" ....

you see, its not a color--its an attitude. and honestly, @ssholes come in EVERY color of the rainbow. ive met quite a few in white, quite a few in black, and quite a few in between.

as far as racism goes--i agree. its only racist when youre white. imagine if i told you that you qualify for this scholarship in EVERY single way--except you arent white so you cant have it... sounds racist that way dont it?

how about if we had a"white history month"...
or "miss white USA beauty pageant"...
how about "white entertainment t.v." ...
how about "white accredited colleges"...
or "white pride day"...
if we had a coalition to further our lives -- but only if youre white--we would be racist. but the "NAACP", thats cool. cause they aint white. and i dont hear jewish people crying for handouts over what happened in WWII. or the vietnamese harping daily on what happened in the vietnam war. or the japanese saying how its all the white mans fault since we dropped a bomb on them and we should give them free rent, free food, free money, free everything.

i hear claims about "equality" but the truth is--those people making the most noise about it dont really want equality. they want special preferential treatment--and they want everyone else to foot the bill for it.

its sad but true, like this joke--
"im proud to be black" said the black man.
"im proud to be asian" said the asian man.
"im proud to be white" said the racist.

and my last name translated from arabic into english LITERALLY means "servant of", so somewhere w-a-a-a-y back in my family history, we were slaves. ( thats why its always three names--like "kareem abdul jabar"--it translates as "kareem- servant of jabar" ... ) of course, that was several hundred years ago and quite a few generations back, so it really has nothing at all to do with me, know what i mean?.........:rolleyes:

Junkman2008 11-26-2014 10:01 PM

I've made some of the same points that you've made in numerous threads. They are valid points. There's a double-standard on both sides of the coin.

fatguyzinc 11-26-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkman2008 (Post 2774002)
I've made some of the same points that you've made in numerous threads. They are valid points. There's a double-standard on both sides of the coin.

yes sir, unfortunately you are correct. BOTH sides have good and bad, both sides have valid points, both sides have double standards, both sides need to just stop it--all of it.

if youre truly a racist--of ANY color-- then by god OWN it. dont act like youre not. dont try to put the blame elsewhere.

and if your kid grew up to be a stereotypical member of society, then OWN it--dont try to act like it aint what it is.

seriously, people--cant we all just get along?:thumbsup:

Matt383 11-27-2014 06:11 AM

I am sure you have all seen this, if not here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f0mVn0HH6U