C5 TPMS Sensor Not Reading
Tire sensors were working until new tires were installed. Tire dealer said sensors were old. I purchased new Schrader tire pressure sensors and they are not registering. The tire dealers programming tool picks up all four sensors, but the car does not. Tried stacked magnets and no results. The key fobs work and seats work with fobs. All the fuses are good. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks, Tim
Does your owners manual have a procedure for programming the tire pressure sensors? Just a thought. If it does, try that procedure.
HI yes I did read the book. I got the reset procedure from the dealer for a 2000 corvette. Its the same as the tire dealer did and still did not work.
1. Turn the ignition to ON.
2. Press the RESET button in order to clear any IPC display warning messages.
3. Press and release the OPTIONS button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank.
4. Press and hold the DIC RESET button for 3 seconds.
Notice: Refer to Body Control Module (BCM) Programming/RPO Configuration in Cautions and Notices.
5. Press the OPTIONS button again until the TIRE TRAINING message appears.
6. Press the RESET button until the IPC LEARN L FRONT TIRE message appears in order to begin
the programming sequence.
7. Install the J 41760 Tire Pressure Programming Tool over the left front valve stem.
8. The horn will sound, indicating the left front TPM sensor is programmed.
9. When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order as directed
by the IPC messages:
- LEARN R FRONT TIRE
- LEARN R REAR TIRE
- LEARN L REAR TIRE
1. The programming mode will be cancelled if any of the following conditions are met: - The program mode is exited through the DIC.
- The ignition is turned to OFF.
- All four sensors have been programmed.
- The TPM system has been in the program mode for longer than 2 minutes and no sensors
have been learned.
2. If the program mode is cancelled with less than four codes stored, the receiver will only accept the codes programmed up to that point.
Thanks for the help. But I have done the reset procedure that the dealer and tire store and the one you sent me many times.
I even used 10 magnets nothing still. I did call the Schrader com. and got the same procedure to do. But sense the tec tool would read all of the tpms he send to disconnect the battery for 3 min. and drive the car for some time to see if the tpms come on. so for everything in the car is work the way it should. Not sure why disconnecting the battery would reset the tpms?
I am in the same boat. My TPMS don't seem to stay taught. Sometimes they will all teach but after a couple of trips one of them goes out again. Replaced them all and did everything as mentioned and still goes out. Wish they worked like they're supposed to.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.