Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums (https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge (https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Road rage gone bad (https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247577)

Texdentist 06-26-2015 09:28 PM

Road rage gone bad

Think twice before you go road rage on someone.:surprised

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lInI25i1Uhk

87vette70TA 06-26-2015 10:33 PM

That is just Hilarious Doc.....:laughing:

:cheers:

fatguyzinc 06-27-2015 03:47 AM

and that, ladies and germs, is how america used to be and SHOULD still be--act like a fool, get knocked on your ass. you learn not to act that way real fast.

OldVetteFan 06-27-2015 05:26 AM

I'll take an opposite tack here.

I think the people filming were wrong. It was clear that the guy following was trying to get around them, and it was also clear that they had plenty of opportunities to move over and let the faster car get by.

It really pisses me off when I'm in the left lane, coming up on a slower vehicle in the right lane, and they move into the right lane to pass yet a slower vehicle, causing me to slow down. Then they just merrily - and slowly - pass the third vehicle - and then take their sweet time moving over afterwards.

If I'm already passing someone, and a faster car approaches me, I will speed up to get around and back in the right lane.

That said, the aggressor in the clip was clearly wrong to stop, block traffic, and then decide to put violence behind his temper tantrum. He got what he deserved.

Steven

fyreline 06-27-2015 07:29 AM

You have no right to demand that other people drive as fast as YOU want them to drive. As long as they are not presenting a road hazard, such as driving 35 mph on a freeway, they have a perfect right to use the passing lane as a passing lane at whatever rate they overtake the other vehicle, as long as they do so in a reasonable amount of time and then return to the traffic lane in a reasonable amount of time.

It's that "reasonable amount of time" that we trip up on. Grandpa in his Chrysler New Yorker or Mom in her minivan may take three times as long to accomplish the above maneuvers than you would, but you know what? Tough. I'm a firm believer in "Slower Traffic Keep Right" . . . but trying to be a one-man civilian enforcement arm is not a good plan.

1963SS 06-27-2015 07:39 AM

I personally hate "left lane bandits" and I encounter them every day. While cruising the Power Tour a few weeks ago I saw a road sign in one state that stated, "Left Lane is for passing, Not Cruising. Please Move Over". I liked that sign and wish all states had them.

Just because you choose to drive in the passing lane at the posted speed limit or a bit slower doesn't mean that I want to. You are not a traffic cop and your idea of a "rolling roadblock" aggravates me sometimes. Just move over you inconsiderate buttheads. There's no need to force me to break the law by passing on the right and putting myself in your blind spot. If I choose to break the speed limit laws....well then, that's between me and the fine men in blue, not you.

Many of the drivers in Ohio must be taught to drive in the left lane in driver's ed classes because that state is the worst I've seen.

fyreline 06-27-2015 07:43 AM

"Driving in the passing lane" automatically puts them in the wrong. If you re not overtaking another vehicle, you should not be in that lane.

Too bad most US drivers seem completely unaware of this. It would eliminate a lot of problems.

Junkman2008 06-27-2015 08:03 AM

Indiana just passed a law that states that you cannot drive slower than the person behind you in the passing lane. If you do, you can be cited. The deal is, the police want speeders to be allowed to go as fast as they want so that THEY can be cited by the police. The slower drivers are getting in the way.

Now that's a new one! And Doc, here's the perfect road rage video...

Pops71lives 06-27-2015 08:46 AM

The dude had opportunity to slide over and let the guy go on. He probably should have. Some people are assholes and there's no sense in putting the wife and I thought I heard a baby, both at risk. Now if you take somebody blocking the hammer lane so personal you stop, block traffic and want to wrestle. You have a whooping coming and he got it. Both were fortunate neither had a lethal weapon..could have been way worse. Junk first thing I thought about was indiana's new law.

OldVetteFan 06-27-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkman2008 (Post 2997369)
Indiana just passed a law that states that you cannot drive slower than the person behind you in the passing lane. If you do, you can be cited. The deal is, the police want speeders to be allowed to go as fast as they want so that THEY can be cited by the police. The slower drivers are getting in the way.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...lane/27959911/

Texdentist 06-27-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldVetteFan (Post 2997273)
I'll take an opposite tack here.

I think the people filming were wrong. It was clear that the guy following was trying to get around them, and it was also clear that they had plenty of opportunities to move over and let the faster car get by.

It really pisses me off when I'm in the left lane, coming up on a slower vehicle in the right lane, and they move into the right lane to pass yet a slower vehicle, causing me to slow down. Then they just merrily - and slowly - pass the third vehicle - and then take their sweet time moving over afterwards.

If I'm already passing someone, and a faster car approaches me, I will speed up to get around and back in the right lane.

That said, the aggressor in the clip was clearly wrong to stop, block traffic, and then decide to put violence behind his temper tantrum. He got what he deserved.

Steven

That wasn't my take. It looked to me like the driver in the rear was already enraged and trying to get into a position to force them off the road. But traffic kept getting in his way, so he had difficulty passing them. He looks like the intigator to me, but your statements show that it isn't clear from the video.

OldVetteFan 06-27-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texdentist (Post 2997665)
That wasn't my take. It looked to me like the driver in the rear was already enraged and trying to get into a position to force them off the road. But traffic kept getting in his way, so he had difficulty passing them. He looks like the intigator to me, but your statements show that it isn't clear from the video.

When I watched it, it appeared that there were places that the lead car could have pulled over, and that they were speeding up to keep the faster car behind them.

I figured since they were recording the event, they probably were purposefully agitating the second car.

But I only watched it once, so I could be completely wrong. :laughing:

Steven

Fly03Z06 06-28-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1963SS (Post 2997353)
I personally hate "left lane bandits" and I encounter them every day. While cruising the Power Tour a few weeks ago I saw a road sign in one state that stated, "Left Lane is for passing, Not Cruising. Please Move Over". I liked that sign and wish all states had them.

.......Many of the drivers in Ohio must be taught to drive in the left lane in driver's ed classes because that state is the worst I've seen.

:agree: :thumbsup: :agree: Part of the Ohio drivers problem is that they seem to follow the Michigan drivers who are use to having three lanes. The other problem is the amount of people driving that cannot read, which have disabled parking permits hanging from their rearview mirror that clearly states in bold print to "Remove Before Driving". :thud:

Newton 06-28-2015 08:20 PM

If i had to guess i would say what ever cited that happened before the video started so who knows the whole story.

Texdentist 06-28-2015 08:48 PM

Here's the problem with the left lane "fast lane" argument. This happens to me all the time -- i' m in the left lane because I am going faster than all the other lanes. Usually I am running about 10 over. So some guy comes up fast behind me going 85 and he wants me out of the way. If the lane to my right is open, I try to do the courteous thing and move over for him. But freeways are very busy around here, and often I can't move over to a slower lane without cutting somebody too close. So I'm in the wrong because I'm driving fast, but not fast enough for the speed demon? I don't think so. He should be able to see my predicament and simply (heaven forbid) slow down to a reasonable speed for the traffic conditions. But usually he gets on my bumper to intimidate me into either speeding up or making a dangerous lane change. Sorry. Tough shit. Just because he wants to drive 25 over the speed limit in a busy metro area doesn't mean he gets to. I don't feel bad at all about staying in my lane at my speed until I can safely move over. Again, on a crowded freeway, that might be a couple of miles.