Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums - View Single Post - Why is GM debuting the C8 on 7-18-19?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #5
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

I'm checking multiple times a day, but have not heard any leaks about the location as yet. As of now, I stand by my original SWAG, of Laguna Beach (most scenic IMO) or Dana Point (more room there to stage a small fleet of C8s that could take select reporters up to the VERY twisty Ortega Highway to show off the handling.

I was born in Santa Monica and as a teenager lived in OC and cruised Whittier Blvd and surfed at Huntington Beach (sometimes on the same day). I KNOW OC. We no longer even have a drag strip, much less a race track. At one time the closed El Toro Marine Air Base landing strips were used extensively as a test track for TV Car shows, but it is now deep into its conversion to housing tracts and parks.

The Anaheim Convention Center (across the street from D-land) is BIG, but no place to test drive a C8. The Angels' Big A stadium parking lot is huge but there is a game that night and why debut there? It's not a pretty area, nothing special. It's not far from D-land and the streets are pretty busy.

I am working with DC Admin hoping to wrangle an invitation to the debut from GM. It's a very long, long, long shot that this could happen, but I can guarantee you that on 7/17/19 and 7/18/19, I will be driving my C6 up and down Pacific Coast highway looking for any indication of a debut site...unless we hear more before then.
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote
Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green.