Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums - View Single Post - Another LS3, T-56 swap into 1981 C3
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 09:23 PM   #156
zimmej51
DC Crew

Member #171434

My Corvette(s)

Adapters for C6 seat into C3

Here are some adapters I made to mount C6 seats in my 81 C3. Earlier I replaced the deep floor pan on the drivers side with a shallow pan. The goal was to create some space for the exhaust system.

After researching several approaches to mounting the C6 seats I decided to take a crack at making my own. I wasn't crazy about the adapter "plates" that are available, so I dug around in my shop and came up with enough raw material to make the adapters. The long plate is 1/8" steel, the spacer blocks are 3/16" steel, and the "wedge" at the rear of the plates is cut from 3/4" steel square tubing.

I ditched the motorized seat adjusters from the C6 seats. Now they have fore and aft manual adjusters, the seat back recliner lever still works and so does the seat back release behind the headrest. Height is an issue with these and I wanted to keep the seat height as low as possible. I think this is about the lowest they can be mounted without serious modification of the seat frame itself.

The pictures should be self explanatory. The adapters have a couple of holes that weren't used due to me not noticing that the seat track pedestals (at the front) are not mirror images of each other. Just had to relocate the mounting hole to clear the pedestal. Maybe this will give you some ideas if you are contemplating a swap like this.

Here are the finished adapter plates:

Next stop for the seats is the upholstery shop for some custom covers. BTW does anybody need the seat motor tracks for a C6?
zimmej51 is offline   Reply w/quote