Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums - View Single Post - Why does the C7 Corvette still has a stigma about it and does that make it a no go?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 06:30 AM   #3
fyreline
DC Crew

Member #37720

My Corvette(s)
1962 327/300hp, 2014 Premiere Edition convertible, 1959 Yard-Man Corvette go-kart

I've owned and driven Corvettes since 1972. Don't listen to what a few elitist pricks have to say - they're just jealous that they either (A) Can't afford one of their own, or (B) Can't catch yours with their overpriced car.

Even since my new 1972 LT-1 roadster, up to and including my current C7 convertible, everyone - and I do mean EVERYONE - looks, stares, asks questions, gives you a thumbs-up, or otherwise acknowledges that you are driving something special, and that they wish they were you. If you need that sort of thing to feed your ego, rest assured you WILL get it - constantly. If, on the other hand, you bought the car for YOU, not them . . . you will enjoy every second behind the wheel, knowing that anything on the road that's faster costs a LOT more money, and even then it largely depends on the driver. So my advice is to go drive a C7, respect the car for its awesome capabilities, educate yourself on proper high-performance driving techniques (or better yet, attend a high-performance driving school), and ignore the haters. Be content in the knowledge that you own a Corvette.

It really is everyone's dream car for a reason.
fyreline is offline   Reply w/quote
"You are entitled to your own opinion - you are NOT entitled to your own facts".
The Following User Says Thank You to fyreline For This Useful Post:
MR BRNS C6 (12-17-2018)