Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1965 Morgan

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  1963SS 
#1 ·
This showed up at my friends house the other day. He is having some fun with it

See less See more
#5 ·
This showed up at my friends house the other day. He is having some fun with it
Since woodworking is how I kill my non-car time......I helped do some woodwork on one of the older ones back in the late 70's. There's a lot of precision work done at that factory. It took a while to match some old "softened" pieces. I believe it had a TR-4 engine and transmission.

Reactions: autowiz
#9 ·
Not sure I'd fit in that vehicle.
Where there's a will, there's a way. My first road race car was a 1960 H/Production Bugeye Sprite. 948 cc's of rompin'. stompin' hell. I was able to cram 200 pounds of Uncle Sam's Marine into it...….and had a ball. I also had a 1970 Lotus Europa back in the day. Now that was small. Getting out required a hand on the ground.

#11 ·
even though they are beautiful.
Pretty, maybe but they had Lucas electrical systems. Lucas also makes refrigerators and that is why the English drink warm beer. The wipers worked until it rained, the heater worked well until it got cold and the blower motor froze, etc. I could never drive a MG Midget or a MG. The steering wheel was way too close. In a tight turn your elbows would punch you in the gut. Now a Triumph Spitfire or a TR250/TR6 had arms out driving position that I preferred. Plenty of room for us bigger guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.