Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Tap Tap Tap

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Longtimer 
#1 ·
I have 2005 convertible. I have this noise coming from behind instrument cluster, it goes tap, tap, tap pauses for 2 seconds then repeats this for 9 more times then stops, and continues to do this every 5 minutes, if you leave a door open it will stop, but starts up again after 30 minutes, and repeats again every 5 minutes, any ideas?

#4 ·
Well, it's important to note!

Your car has had extensive dash modifications, and a lot of custom work... factory things aren't where they are supposed to be.

So, essentially this clicking is coming from the RIGHT side of the dash... not the left. Folks should keep this in mind when helping you troubleshoot.:thumbsup:

#9 ·
I think the RHD conversion probably had something to do with the noise. There is probably sensor that is normally mounted on a soft spot that has shfted and is now resting against the back of spedo housing and is being amplified by the pastic "box."

If I were you, I'd take it back to your converter service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.