Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums - View Single Post - New Adventures for Me!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
OldVetteFan
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)
65 Coupe (Sold) 95 Blk Coupe (Gold Cert - Sold) 2011 Grand Sport

New Adventures for Me!

At long last, a dream I've had since - well, since a long time ago - has finally come true!

Since I got my engineering degree in 1984, I've been employed by three major food companies, then spent nearly 26 years working for Honeywell. The last 20 years with Honeywell were spent running a test lab for aerospace and aviation products.

Well, Friday, 28 June, that career came to an end.

I walked away on my own terms and on my own timeline.

My original goal was to leave corporate America at 55. My plan took just a bit longer, and I was able to leave at 60.

For the first time in decades, I woke up this morning and DID NOT have to go to work! Nor am I on vacation - now I'm retired!

We also relocated from northwestern Illinois to northeastern Georgia (just outside of Athens). We're really looking forward to being able to drive the Grand Sport 12 months out of the year! We have lots of things we want to see and do, and we started our retirement adventure by stopping by the NCM on our way from Freeport to Athens. It wasn't the first time we'd been to the NCM, but it was great!

I've been pretty busy the last several months, which is why I haven't been on the forum much. But I'm hoping that will change - but that depends on the Honey-Do list that Annie gives me!

Steven
OldVetteFan is offline   Reply w/quote
If energy and enthusiasm were a substitute for experience and expertise, then I could hire my 12 year old to do this job.

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009