A new C7 Corvette rendering - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #16
stinger430
DC Crew

Member #8212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom01 View Post
For me I absolutely loved the C5 when it first came out. It took a while for the C6 to grow on me especially after they got rid of the pop up headlights. I just think they should do minor adjustments to the C6 and refine it a little more like they did from the C5 to C6. The car has a look of its own and can't be mistaken to be anything else. Drop the weight a bit more to around 3000 pounds like others have suggested, but either way the Sideswipe Concept is hideous and needs to die a horrible death imho.

I'm with you all the way on that 1 Phantom01 ! Sideswipe's greenhouse is just TOO long and overdone. And I'm not comfortable with the way the trailing edge of the door meets the back of the B-pillar. The whole thing just looks akward to me, even though I haven't seen the car in real life.

I like what the artist did with the front of the yellow car , I have to admit. Much easier on the eyes.

All I ask is smaller headlight cluster , & no more smile. Weight around 3000lbs sounds perfect to me as well Of course I'd like a return to hidden headlights but I know it ain't happening! And what the hell happened to the Corvette's price? 60K to 70K for a base coupe/vert with a few options? Nuts. I'm guessing I'm not in the demographics anymore, & defenitely not in the market for a new Vette. (sorry for the ramble)
stinger430 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #17
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
The headlights are much better but the car is still too bulky and heavy looking.

I like...

- The sharp edges
- The revised headlights

I don't like...

- Futuristic look
- thick roof
- huge blind spots

But I'd prefer a cross between the skinny concept headlights and those shown here on the yellow rendering.

Hate the thick roof.

Not sure what Pat means by "futuristic look." If it's the front, outside air intakes, I agree they are unnecessarily big, and would kill the Coefficient of Drag.
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'07:bought from a former sponsor, Z06 wheels and Vararam from former sponsors, Various accessories from Corvette Central and Corvette America. B&B Fusions with Corsa X pipe. Shine from Adam's
'87: refurbished all interior with parts from Corv Central '79: Interior refurb = Corvette America, and Corvette Central, T1Rs, Foose Legends
DC Sponsors
________________________________________ ________

Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green. Watching for C8 fixes & improvements
Old 02-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #18
kingZ06
DC Crew

Member #44050

My Corvette(s)
2007 C6 Z51 6SPD (traded in) 2011 Grand Sport 6SPD 1966 GTO 455 w/trips 610 HP 1964 Olds 442 650 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTGordon View Post
Love it... but please, can we get regular door handles back? I'd like to lose some of the gadgetry. That has a much cleaner grill than the existing concept, although I like the lights on the concept better.
Agreed; I had to crawl through my hatch yet AGAIN today.
kingZ06 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #19
dfinke
DC Crew

Member #67435

My Corvette(s)
2008 Z06 VR 3LZ Linen, '64 coupe(1st car, sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan85Vette View Post
Corvette C7 rendered by avarvarii

Thoughts?
I like a lot about this one, but it's time to change the B-pillar, it's been the same forever.
dfinke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #20
HN376RAR
DC Crew

Member #13187

My Corvette(s)
2004 Red Convertible, 2011 Red Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan85Vette View Post
You really think the white photoshop would sell enough to be a C7?

To me it may look good as a C6 bodykit... but as a C7 platform think something that close in resemblance will face the same problem the C6 has had (being a C5.5 in the looks dept).

That's just me though, my heart seeks a bold appearance change. Corvette could use it.

The C6 is an evolution of the C5, and that is fine.

It would be OK with me if they ran with the C6 for another 5 years. The C5 (C6) is an excellent chassis and I say let GM leverage it and reap some $'s from it. Then take some of those $'s and make the C7 revolutionary, like the Sideswipe.

Just my $0.02
HN376RAR is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #21
fyreline
DC Crew

Member #37720

My Corvette(s)
1962 327/300hp, 2014 Premiere Edition convertible, 1959 Yard-Man Corvette go-kart

Not sure why folks keep trying to push derivatives of that "Transformers" abomination as the C7. It's hideous.

I'm sure a lot of folks will be surprised when the actual C7 appears . . . and although it's going to take longer than we all would like, I'm also sure it will be worth the wait.
fyreline is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #22
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by HN376RAR View Post

The C6 is an evolution of the C5, and that is fine.

It would be OK with me if they ran with the C6 for another 5 years. The C5 (C6) is an excellent chassis and I say let GM leverage it and reap some $'s from it. Then take some of those $'s and make the C7 revolutionary, like the Sideswipe.

Just my $0.02
Here is the issue with running the C6 for another five years, the cars that compete with it are getting better. This will cause sales of the C6 to drop and GM can do either one of two things, they can lower production on the C6 or they can offer incentives on the C6.

If they offer incentives on the C6 then the profits they will rack in will be lower then what you are expecting. They would be able to keep volume up to where they need it to be though. The other down side is when the C7 comes out people may not want to buy it because it doesn't have the artificially lowered price point and they will be expecting it to get it in a few years. This can hurt C7 sales unless the C7 is dramatically different and received very well by the buying public. If they cut production on the C6 they can maintain its price point however they may want to lay off workers at the plant which is a bad thing for a few reasons. People will loose their jobs and they can use this opportunity to increase the quality of the product that they are building if they didn't lay people off. Then when the C7 comes out and demand is restored they would have to rehire people (might not get all of the same ones) and have to retrain and deal with quality issues for a while from the new workers on top of quality issues from being a new model.

The best thing to do is end the C6 in model year 2012 and bring the C7 out in model year 2013.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 02-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #23
Phantom01

Member #88149

My Corvette(s)
91 Corvette/68 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkillz View Post
Here is the issue with running the C6 for another five years, the cars that compete with it are getting better. This will cause sales of the C6 to drop and GM can do either one of two things, they can lower production on the C6 or they can offer incentives on the C6.

If they offer incentives on the C6 then the profits they will rack in will be lower then what you are expecting. They would be able to keep volume up to where they need it to be though. The other down side is when the C7 comes out people may not want to buy it because it doesn't have the artificially lowered price point and they will be expecting it to get it in a few years. This can hurt C7 sales unless the C7 is dramatically different and received very well by the buying public. If they cut production on the C6 they can maintain its price point however they may want to lay off workers at the plant which is a bad thing for a few reasons. People will loose their jobs and they can use this opportunity to increase the quality of the product that they are building if they didn't lay people off. Then when the C7 comes out and demand is restored they would have to rehire people (might not get all of the same ones) and have to retrain and deal with quality issues for a while from the new workers on top of quality issues from being a new model.

The best thing to do is end the C6 in model year 2012 and bring the C7 out in model year 2013.

They have to be careful with the C7 design, If it is not well received by the public then the Corvette will be screwed. The C7 has to be a design change, I agree, but not a sweeping change like the concept. I would like to buy a C7, I am just not going to buy the 2013 version since usually the first year of any body style change usually sucks and the 2014 version will be the better car imo
Phantom01 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2013 Porsche Panamera GTS

1991 Black Manual Coupe - Magnaflow Cat-Back

1968 327 Corvette 4 Speed
Old 02-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom01 View Post
They have to be careful with the C7 design, If it is not well received by the public then the Corvette will be screwed. The C7 has to be a design change, I agree, but not a sweeping change like the concept. I would like to buy a C7, I am just not going to buy the 2013 version since usually the first year of any body style change usually sucks and the 2014 version will be the better car imo
At first I thought the stingray concept looked odd however it has grown on me (Transformers 2 helped).

I wouldn't mind if they produced that with some slight changes though.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 02-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #25
flybigrc
DC Crew

Member #44846

My Corvette(s)
2004 and 1968 Convertible

Smoother Lines

I think the lines are too sharp, I prefer smoother lines like the C5, and please bring back the popup headlights, they're iconic. Screw the european need for headlights on 24/7.
flybigrc is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #26
ST Graveyard
DC Crew

Member #23021

I don't think headlights need to be on here 24/7. I think we need some kind of daylights, which could easily be added a bit lower than the headlights using LEDs. The pop ups could still be used.

Regarding the C7, maybe old news, but I like (and I seems to be one of the few) this the best :

It looks so badass, love the C3 back window. The typical 4 round backlights are hidden beneath the angry looking face.

Cheers,
Maarten
ST Graveyard is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #27
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Graveyard View Post
Regarding the C7, maybe old news, but I like (and I seems to be one of the few) this the best :
Way too retro C3 for me, but I LOVE the wheel design and the accent color. Very cool
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'07:bought from a former sponsor, Z06 wheels and Vararam from former sponsors, Various accessories from Corvette Central and Corvette America. B&B Fusions with Corsa X pipe. Shine from Adam's
'87: refurbished all interior with parts from Corv Central '79: Interior refurb = Corvette America, and Corvette Central, T1Rs, Foose Legends
DC Sponsors
________________________________________ ________

Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green. Watching for C8 fixes & improvements
Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #28
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2002 Z06, 1977 custom Past: 1985 Z51 Coupe

THAT is sexy hot too....but I don't think a Corvette with a difficult to access storage area will sell very well. People are amazed at how much I fit in my C4...and I know the C5 and 6's are bigger still.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Bella" - 2002 Z06 - Carrying on family tradition of Corvette ownership.

"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned. Gone but never forgotten.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem.

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #29
BlkThunder69

Member #38279

My Corvette(s)
69 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreline View Post
Not sure why folks keep trying to push derivatives of that "Transformers" abomination as the C7. It's hideous.

I'm sure a lot of folks will be surprised when the actual C7 appears . . . and although it's going to take longer than we all would like, I'm also sure it will be worth the wait.
Transformers abomination???? C'mon that was one of the best parts about that movie. If they build Sideswipe, I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a new one.

Btw, I liked the OP's posted pic but I agree with Patrick the roof is too thick. Otherwise it looks pretty good.
BlkThunder69 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The DC gal formerly known as REDHTC6GIRL
Old 02-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #30
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHTC6GIRL View Post
Transformers abomination???? C'mon that was one of the best parts about that movie. If they build Sideswipe, I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a new one.

Btw, I liked the OP's posted pic but I agree with Patrick the roof is too thick. Otherwise it looks pretty good.
I agree except the best part of Transformers 2 was Megan Fox. I think the sideswipe concept is hot.
PNHNDLE96CE is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in