Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

New kid on the block... (i.e. another noob)

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  GunSlinger 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the Forum and just wanted to introduce myself and let you kknow a little bit about myself.

My name is Jeff Grosky. I'll be 21 in August! :cheers: I'm engaged, and plan to be married within the next two years. I currently live in a small town south of Sioux Falls, South Dakota called Canton... just a couple miles from the Iowa border. I live with my parents after struggling to make it on my own(kind of a they help me I help them deal), yes unfortunately I live with them still... but I'm doing what I have to do now so that I can produce a secure future for my fiancee and our future family. I work in manufacturing at Adams Thermal Systems Inc. producing radiators, oil coolers, tranny coolers, and so on for various vehicles from DOD HUMMERS to farm equipment. I work around 65 hours a week generally, never below 55. I love automobiles of all types... although I have a very limited knowledge of how to work on them... for now. It something I'm ashamed of, for as much as I claim to love cars... I'm lacking in the mechanical dept. Anywho, and as you probablly guess... I love Corvettes, all of them... of course I have some specific years and models that stand out, but I love'em all. I found out about DC from ls1tech.com trying to learn stuff ;)

The reson why I'm finally registering and posting on here is b/c I recently applied for 22 grand and was approved for 100% financing(with another 2 grand in the bank for back-up). :cool: And now my search for the car I've always wanted has begun... but before I purchase I need learn about the C5... which leads us to why I'm making this post.

The reason why I want a Corvette is not to go out and beat up on ricers and be a cocky SOB... I plan to use the car daily for work(I live under two miles from the plant) for the next 5 years or so and in the mean time upgrade suspension and drivetrain and what not( I want it to be able to handle the power thats coming later on), and once the 5 year loan is paid off I'll dedicate it to being my SCCA car and then the HP/TQ mods will begin, as my racing skill gradually increases of course.

Anyways, thats a little about me, I'm sure theres more but hopefully in time you find that stuff out later. Sorry for the long read... if any of you actually read it all. :D Oh and btw if you haven't noticed... my grammar isn't the greatest. :toilet

Oh and btw... I love to use smilies!:excited:

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome! Theres so much usefull information here youll be doing your own mods on your new corvette in no time:thumbsup:

BTW, i did read your post.:laughing:

#5 ·
WELCOME!!!! Ls1tech.com is a good site:thumbsup:Good luck on the corvette :cheers: Any year specific on the c5

#6 ·
hey guys! Thanx for the encouragement!:cool: I'm hoping for a 97 thru 99. Those are the years that are generally close to my price range... thing is not sure if the bank will loan 100% for a 97... I guesas i really aught to find out.

I'm having trouble finding any here in Sioux Falls... for the most part they are 2000s and up and thus being out of my price range.:(

#7 ·
Welcome here!:cheers:

Got alot in common... 22, living with parents till I get my own place (next month I hope), engaged, and looking for a Vette.:laughing:

You'll like it here... Alot of good people & good reading to help you out. For the money they approved you on, you could find a nice C5 with mid miles on it. I live on auto traders website for the most part. I see alot of 97s-2000s for that price (when searching all areas). Find out what the oldest car you can finance though from the bank before you go looking. I was approved for an amount & was all happy when I found a nice 98. Then the bank said it can be no older than 5 years. Still find alot of 2000s between 20-25k. Just know how to negotiate & you'll be set.:D

I think my search has switched to a 92-96 though. Will be alot easier to pay for insurance till I get my career in place. Still love them just as much though.:cool:

#9 ·
Welcome Gunslinger.

DC and LS1tech are the two best forums there are for C5/C6 owners who are also late model Gen3 and Gen4 power freaks....

...you know, guys like me.

Enjoy your stay. :cheers:

#10 ·
You may want to consider investing in an apartment or renting a house rather than a Vette. You say your engaged so don't you think the more responsible thing would be to get your own place first? I don't think your future wife would want to live at your parents house.

Sorry if I sound like a ball breaker, it is just MHO.

#12 ·
Again, thanks for the welcome.

raidersfan, no worries I understand exactly what you mean. But the time for my Corvette is now. I've been getting my ducks in a row for quite a while. For the most part I'm ready to live on my own now... here in Sioux Falls anyways... back in Virginia I struggled b/c I wasn't making enough in a high cost of living area. Here I can rent an 2 bedroom apartment for half the price I could there in Virginia. And the biggest reason why I and/or we aren't on our own is b/c shes still in college... hence why we plan to be married with in the next two years(more so after). Moving to Sioux Falls has changed my lfie enormously... I'm now able to do things I never could... i.e. buying a "new" car.:thumbsup:

The Vette bug has bitten... and I'm going mad.... mad about Corvettes. I won't stop searching until I own one, and even then as life allows it I'll continue the search.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.