Mark Reuss: C7 to be COMPLETELY different. - Page 6 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C8 Corvette Forums > C8 Corvette
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C8 Corvette General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #76
stinger430
DC Crew

Member #8212

Yeah , I think there is room in the market for an exotic Corvette. Something along the lines of that legendary CERV III showcar from 1990.

And I agree with you that they should be developing it now so that the Corvette team wont be playing catch-up when the economy rebounds.

An aside: would Corvette being it's own brand make an exotic Vette an easier "sell" than if it's branded as "just" another Chevy. I think maybe so. It's my feeling that folks across the pond see CORVETTE/GM competing in endurance races, not so much Chevrolet.
stinger430 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #77
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger430 View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think Porsche has ever made a loss. Whenever sales are pointing in that direction, they just hike up their prices. I doubt the cost sensitive Corvette buyer will put up with such practices (although it DID work for GM back in the late 70s). Ferrari, I don't know , they just keep raising their prices. An "entry level" Ferrari is what now, $250,000? It's almost as if the more the Ferrari/Porsche clientele pays for their wheels, the more satisfied they are.

Corvette plays in a different league. However, you're right about when it comes to performance: Take No Prisoners.
funny you should mention Porsche because they went broke and had to be saved by VW for something like ten billion
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #78
stinger430
DC Crew

Member #8212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkillz View Post
funny you should mention Porsche because they went broke and had to be saved by VW for something like ten billion

WOW. That's nuts. It's hard for me to follow that VW/Audi/Porsche drama. I thought Porsche had just bought controlling interest in VW (or Audi, i forget which). When did Porsche go broke?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #79
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
An aside: would Corvette being it's own brand make an exotic Vette an easier "sell" than if it's branded as "just" another Chevy. I think maybe so. It's my feeling that folks across the pond see CORVETTE/GM competing in endurance races, not so much Chevrolet.
How about across the STREET - or in my house! I have had the absolute worst luck taking my Vette to Chevy dealers. If I weren't certifiable about Corvettes, I'd have moved on many years ago.

As I've said before, it just won't happen because Chevy dealers would sue GM if they pulled it out of Chevy, but Corvette would be MUCH better off if GM would only sell to dealers with dedicated sales and service who are Corvette "division" trained. Rant over ... er ...dormant for now.
Longtimer is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #80
stinger430
DC Crew

Member #8212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post
How about across the STREET - or in my house! I have had the absolute worst luck taking my Vette to Chevy dealers. If I weren't certifiable about Corvettes, I'd have moved on many years ago.

As I've said before, it just won't happen because Chevy dealers would sue GM if they pulled it out of Chevy, but Corvette would be MUCH better off if GM would only sell to dealers with dedicated sales and service who are Corvette "division" trained. Rant over ... er ...dormant for now.
There goes Politics , fu(king with our fun AGAIN!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #81
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)

By the way, you remember the Ford GT - the limited F40 look alike they sold at a loss of $149k each a while back?

Those owners have to take their babies into a Ford dealer for service. It could be worse.
Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #82
stinger430
DC Crew

Member #8212

OMG , I hadn't even thought about that! Now that;s just wrong!!! ha ha.

Yes it could always be worse I guess.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #83
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

My Corvette(s)
1998 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHTC6GIRL View Post
Well the "Sideswipe" or C7 concept (whatever they call it) is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! If they go with that funky new rear end, then I would call it completely different. If it is it, or close to it...it's gonna have to "grow" on alot of people. I personally like it except for that rear...not sure about that yet.
If they sold that car, not only would Europeans not buy it, but Americans wouldn't buy it either.
Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
My Corvette Life - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/chrisdraper2007

Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #84
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
WOW. That's nuts. It's hard for me to follow that VW/Audi/Porsche drama. I thought Porsche had just bought controlling interest in VW (or Audi, i forget which). When did Porsche go broke?
When the economy took a nose dive, every company that was vulnerable really took a hit. GM who spent a ton of money on restructuring just to have the sales collapse on big SUVs and trucks due to high gas prices then the economy started to slow. Sales started to tapper off in 2007 but really took a big hit in 2008, and Porsche who over leveraged themselves so they can buy VW. Economy crashed and in just like 9 months Porsche was insolvent.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " Aristotle
Old 06-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #85
stinger430
DC Crew

Member #8212

Wow. Thanks for the info. That's news to me. Those finance guys really love their over leveraging don't they.

I actually don't feel bad for GM and the fact that the SUV market went tits up. I thought these guys knew better than to put all their eggs in one basket. They thought the price of fuel would stay low forever? Silly thinking. They should have been focusing on increasing sales in the world market.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #86
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
I actually don't feel bad for GM and the fact that the SUV market went tits up. I thought these guys knew better than to put all their eggs in one basket. They thought the price of fuel would stay low forever? Silly thinking. They should have been focusing on increasing sales in the world market.
You mean, they should have ignored what Americans wanted to buy? Hind sight is 20 / 20. If you've forgotten what it was like just before the Global Economic Crisis, just look around next time you're in a traffic jam...in my part of the world anyway.

SUVs of all sizes still dominate the horizon in So Cal.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #87
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post
You mean, they should have ignored what Americans wanted to buy? Hind sight is 20 / 20. If you've forgotten what it was like just before the Global Economic Crisis, just look around next time you're in a traffic jam...in my part of the world anyway.

SUVs of all sizes still dominate the horizon in So Cal.
suvs are still in large numbers on the road however what is being sold has changed dramatically.

the market that is almost completely gone is the bog sub market which is tiny now. the suv market is dominated by car based suvs also the car/suv mix is in favor of cars now.

the real problem at GM comes down to their business model which was out of date. it was a business model that depended on selling the biggest and most heavily optioned cars to make the bulk of the profits. they should have dumped that business model after the 1973 oil embargo but they didn't.

they really put all of their eggs in one basket and that is always a bad idea.

now they have a much better mix of product so no matter where the market swings in the short or long term they can handle it. instead of just giving the us market to Japanese auto makers which they did for so long.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #88
JBsZ0666
Account Disabled.

Member #3329

My Corvette(s)
c6 z51 M6 NPP

17 or 18 months from now the new C7 will be at the local showrooms..

Maybe half of that and we'll get real information on the new corvette.

I for one love my c6 and the dealer network that services my car and I can't wait to have more news hit the net on what this amazing sports car can and will deliver..
JBsZ0666 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in