Replacing Fitech With Fast 2.0 - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C3 Corvette Forums > C3 Corvette
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C3 Corvette
C3 Corvette General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

( Sponsored by: Zip Corvette Parts )

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #16
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

So the 1971 is incredible. It feels like it makes more power, It runs better and keeps getting better the longer we drive it. Exactly as should be expected from FAST. And now we get to turn our focus to the other fitech install that has to go..

I worked really hard to make all this right. And I didn't want to accept a bad controller and continued with diagnoses and repairs assuming the fuel system I installed was solid and it was my job installing or setting up all the way until I started seeing the crazy rpm numbers on the handheld. This is how my install landed..

There was just so much extra that I did here to make all this work. Because 6an fittings actually have a smaller than 3/8 i.d. we switched the fitting on the FiTech unit itself with a larger id 8an fitting and ran the appropriate line..

autowiz is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #17
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

This car has a small fuel cell in the rear that will not allow for an in-tank pump and from the carb setup there is a low pressure Holley pump under the car. So when the FiTech went in we also installed a 'G-surge' unit. Which is a little sump that mounts up front with the engine or wherever and has it's own high pressure pump inside. These pumps have been problematic for FiTech as any searching anywhere on this here internet will reveal, but I worked real hard to make sure it had good flow to and from the tank and to and from the t.b. and while we are switching this to FAST we might likely keep this G-surge tank and pump. We are happy with our fuel supply setup here. It is the delivery that is being a b*tch..

Old 01-03-2019, 04:51 PM   #18
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

The FAST kit is here and ready for installation. This Corvette is about to become awesome..

First up we must mount the controller. I need to make a bracket to mount the FAST controller to the inner fender above and behind the G-surge unit. For this I will first draw out what I want in 2D on a sheet of steel..

Then I will cut out my bracket and drill some holes..

Then I make 3 careful bends, drill one more hole, and mount what is to be the ground stud to hold my bracket together..

With a little bit of primer and flat black paint and the controller mounted this is ready to be mounted to the vehicle..

Old 01-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #19
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Ok so here we are done with the installation and ready for initial startup..

The F.A.S.T. kit comes with a fuel pressure sensor and we got a regulator from them to go with the specific kit we are using for this 502 BB Racecar. Fuel pressure will be set to 43psi..

Professional Aftermarket Fuel Injection..

Old 01-24-2019, 09:03 PM   #20
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Ok so we made one last minute change. We dumped the fitech g surge tank and it's pump along with the low pressure holley pump in the rear of the car and the plastic fuel cell. We replaced the fuel supply with a 15 gallon Aeromotive fuel cell with a stealth340 pump mounted inside. The car came out awesome and on its way out I took some pictures..

We are also about to install this same FAST fuel injection in a 1981. But I will start a new thread for that as it is not a conversion from FiTech. We have done a handful of these fast fuel injection installs on c3's at this point. Aside from the two in this thread we installed FAST in a 1981 here: https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/for...d.php?t=255809
And in a 1971 here: https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/for...d.php?t=242889
And every one is a hit every time. FAST makes us look good and our customers happy. And it's made in the USA.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #21
slofut
DC Crew

Member #119762

My Corvette(s)
1971 base conv. GTO LS1, T56.

Wiz, that 71 looks great! Did you replace the rubber under the rear deck lid? I've yet to see one with new rubber that the deck would adjust down flush like that. Ditto the rear of the conv top. That top fits nice and tidy!
slofut is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2019, 07:58 PM   #22
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by slofut View Post
Wiz, that 71 looks great! Did you replace the rubber under the rear deck lid? I've yet to see one with new rubber that the deck would adjust down flush like that. Ditto the rear of the conv top. That top fits nice and tidy!
All weatherstrips were replaced. I have pictures to show what that 1971 went through besides the efi. We have this body shop we use that specializes in old school muscle cars. They are old dogs and not the fastest but man they do some good work at Major Motorcar. And they are just down the street. Here is a link to the pictures posted to my job's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Corvette...18679328167248
Old 01-31-2019, 06:56 PM   #23
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

It's like that..

Old 02-10-2019, 12:20 PM   #24
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

The third fast kit in the above picture is for this Ford/Chevy/Cadillac Monster truck thing. This is a Cadillac 500c.i. mated to a 400 trans in a 1979 Ford F-150 sitting on a 90's suburban frame. The motor is now 541ci and this build has been non stop problematic. This truck has been through multiple rebuilds now. The engine just doesn't last. And what is worse we can't get this truck on our dyno. So I can only tune the XFI sportsman ecu under conditions I am willing to drive. And I am scared of wide open throttle in that truck. It is like driving an earthquake. Here is a short video of the truck running with the FAST XFI sportsman ECU(redbox)..

With the XFI Sportsman tuning had to be performed with a laptop and c-comp software..

So as the motor goes back in this time I have gutted out all the underhood electrical and am starting over. Now there is a touchscreen handheld on the windshield and a easy efi 2.0 black box mounted to the firewall..

Self tuning FAST easy efi 2.0 For The Win
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in