It's That Time, Again. - Page 11 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 05-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #151
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
Wow.

That engine shot was before I put the Custom fabbed intake, Nitrous and pro-stock evac syetm on it.

That was from a Car show at McCormick Place.

Chevey vettefest I think.

If you look at the pics listed here under my corvette pics, you will see the car pulling the fronts off the ground with nitrous.

You will also notice that I chromed a lot of stuff including brackets.

I like the OOOh Ahh factor when I pulled the hood up in the staging lanes.

Also those hi-perf valve covers were a set of only three made for chevy racing.

Matt
Yes.

You built it Right also.
Stainless Steel Rings.....Hellfire Piston rings.
Needed for Hero Nitous shots.
And Boost 1000 Hp or more and have it stay together last.
Only factory in The GM COPO CAMARO ENGINE.
4 DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS FOR NHRA SUPERSTOCK.
350 COPO HAS ALMOST 1200 HP ON GOOD WEATHER DAY D.A. PERFECT.
Maniacmechanic1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #152
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacmechanic1 View Post
I think I am more Suicidal in a Race car. Ok to Die in 1 to me.

But how would you know?

That would be like me sayin I am an ace in a fighter jet, dude. Get off this forum and go work on your shit, man. Time is a wasting and soon you will have to batten down the hatches again for winter. Better get to it while you can or it will never get done. You keep proving me a little more right with each day you talk shit and do nothing.
autowiz is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #153
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

C4 drag racing is something that went out before my time, guys. I am sure you and others have done great things in these cars. But at my job these make up the least desirable of all Corvettes and owners of these cars TYPICALLY are less well off than any other Corvette owner and will spend a lot less repairing, maintaing, or hopping up these cars. Today the entire generation has gained such a reputation for non reliability for their electrical gremlins and shit interiors falling apart that nobody would really consider putting that kind of money in a car like that.

I think if someone today were serious about racing in any capacity they would likely look to start with a good platform. At least something that will be reliable and maybe sport the latest tech or at least the tech of the current decade?! I don't know. I meaa I know you old guys like these shows where they currently race old shit like it is faster than what todays stuff does. But that just reflects the age group here more than the reality on the ground in the world today.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:49 PM   #154
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:

Hey look at that. A part so popular that at least 12 were made and none can be found or had today. Let me tell you something, boys. In this world people love great things. And people love money. How does something so great cease to exist? Oh right, because there was no market for that part to support it's production. The specific tailshaft required for the transmission greatly limits swap options for a car that suffered nothing but bad transmission designs. From the 4+3 od units that munch the case to the dual mass flywheel for the ZF that doesn't exist anymore.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #155
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

And one last thing on the subject of racing. My racecar is my Daily Driven Corvette..

Whenever I go wherever I go I am this fast. And I can still stop and turn every bit as good as any C5 produced and enjoy good gas mileage while doing that. Not that I expect either of you to even know how a C5 handles or should. But we are on 2 completely different levels here. You guys are stuck in the past and thinking about going fast after a bunch of planning or after you go home and get your fast car out. This is because of your inability to go fast while maintaining the ability to stop or turn. I am all about real world everyday safe performance. It's a higher level of building than what you are used to. And that begins with brakes, then goes to turning, and power production is a third concern. This is the difference in building for the street and not even knowing what the hell I am talking about.

I don't even want to race in or against a racecar. Like if it didn't drive at least a half hour to get there I wont line up against it. Because it is not even a real car at that point. By DOT's standards, I mean.

8 seconds? lol. No I need to be in my Corvette a lot longer than that I think. In fact all my passes together make up what a minute? After I go a handful more times to support all the wild shit I get to build maybe I will see a fem minutes actually on the track combined total? Who wants to chase and build for that? lol. At some point here this same C5 will go on the road course, too.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:35 PM   #156
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

So lets hear them other specs, Matt. If we are to compare our cars, what kind of mileage does that C4 get? What temps does the engine and trans see after being on the highway for 30 minutes? How many miles do you get out of a set of those tires?

I mean if we are to compare then let's compare? How cold does that A/c blow? Do you have an amp and a subwoofer for those rides up and down the highway? How many miles, or oil changes did you get in between engine rebuilds? See what I am saying? Street car performance, buddy. Because a street car can play ANYWHERE it likes. Street, strip, track, or show. All others can do only one of these things.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #157
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

I want to see pictures of the maniacs basement engine build. I want to see the prepped block that has been hot tanked and milled and is ready to go together. I want to see the crankshaft used and his titanium connecting rods. Come on. Imagine that picture really really hard so you can draw it or something and post up a picture of it here. You gotta do something to keep this lie believable, bro.

I also want to see go pro video of Matt383 punching it in his wife's car being brave at his current age in a currently produced machine. Come on guys. I cant be the only one here showing off. Let's start backing up some of the wilder and crazier shit we say here on DC.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #158
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by autowiz View Post
Hey look at that. A part so popular that at least 12 were made and none can be found or had today. Let me tell you something, boys. In this world people love great things. And people love money. How does something so great cease to exist? Oh right, because there was no market for that part to support it's production. The specific tailshaft required for the transmission greatly limits swap options for a car that suffered nothing but bad transmission designs. From the 4+3 od units that munch the case to the dual mass flywheel for the ZF that doesn't exist anymore.
Wiz,

You don't even know what you are looking at.

What is the name of that "Part"?

None of that stuff you mentioned applies to this car.

It was a custom car with a T-400 trans.

Also you didn't reply to how stupid your statement was that the R/T was built into the 60 ft time

AS far as your other post.

It was a street legal race car. No AC. 100+ octane. trans ran real cool with a custom race radiater and elect fan set up.
Car ran real cool too. 8 mpg on the road.
It was trailered to every event. Drove there and back in cool AC comfort of my GMC

It was not a daily driver. Because I could afford that car, a truck, a WRX, and an Audi at that time.

Matt
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #159
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
It was trailered to every event. Drove there and back in cool AC comfort of my GMC
Thank you, Matt.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #160
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Wiz,

You don't even know what you are looking at.

What is the name of that "Part"?

It was a street legal race car. No AC. 100+ octane... 8 mpg on the road.
You make it sound like the best car on the road, brother. And no I never heard the name of the ultra rare intake that you and brian told me about 12 times. If I cared more I would look back and quote those posts but it is far better for me to agree with you here that very few heard of this part because it was so great.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #161
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Also you didn't reply to how stupid your statement was that the R/T was built into the 60 ft time
I was trying to be nice to your buddy. I was corrected for this claim early yesterday over on superchargerforums. Post #87 at 3:58pm right here:
https://www.superchargerforums.com/t...rd.9159/page-5

I waited to correct here and well you caught it at 7:27 this morning.

And then we all saw this post..

Quote:
I caught Wiz's problem.
Knew you would catch it too.
at 7:50am. But I wasn't trying to be so petty to point out the little stupid stuff. But here we are. Good call, Matt. Yes Brian is a lying shit talker.

Last edited by autowiz; 05-25-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #162
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

OMG. I saw this and immediately thought of the maniac.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/...evrolet-cruze/

But his C4 likely would have made that.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #163
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Quote:
You make it sound like the best car on the road, brother. And no I never heard the name of the ultra rare intake that you and brian told me about 12 times. If I cared more I would look back and quote those posts but it is far better for me to agree with you here that very few heard of this part because it was so great.
Wiz,

Keep in mind that that picture is 20 years old.

That Chrome box is called a super ram

The problem I had with that set up is that with 12.5 compression and nitrous I couldn't get enough air into it.

So I had a custom built Air intake fabbed for me to shove more air into that thing after that pic was taken.

I was limited to a 150 shot because that box didn't handle more juice than that with out burning pistons.

Still not enough...

So I later went with a three stage nitrous direct port into the runners.

Fuel and Nitrous were sprayed into each runner.

This gave me a 300 max shot.

This also over came the air flow issue.

Kinda ugly with all those lines and selenoids!

But it all fit under the hood to keep the look of a stock C4 hood which paid off big time on the street.
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:27 PM   #164
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
OMG. I saw this and immediately thought of the maniac.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/...evrolet-cruze/

But his C4 likely would have made that.
There used to be an old wooden bridge that all of us used to drive over at 100-130 mph.
You would jump a set of train tracks 300 feet away.
It was lots of fun.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #165
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
I want to see pictures of the maniacs basement engine build. I want to see the prepped block that has been hot tanked and milled and is ready to go together. I want to see the crankshaft used and his titanium connecting rods. Come on. Imagine that picture really really hard so you can draw it or something and post up a picture of it here. You gotta do something to keep this lie believable, bro.

I also want to see go pro video of Matt383 punching it in his wife's car being brave at his current age in a currently produced machine. Come on guys. I cant be the only one here showing off. Let's start backing up some of the wilder and crazier shit we say here on DC.

Crower has my Titanium Rods you jackass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in