When White People Riot... - Page 7 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance



Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #91
ddregehr
DC Crew
 
ddregehr's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,367
Member #30032
Member since: Feb 2005
Location: SD

My Corvette(s)
50th Anniversary Corvette Convertible (sold); 2002 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 15
Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Maybe he was in tears because his mother wouldn't take him to McDonald's
I thought it was KFC . . . Too soon?
ddregehr is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #92
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette70TA View Post
What ? The Fuck ? !
I was just agreeing with you.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #93
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatguyzinc View Post
jeez, will one of the moderators please lock this thread before these guys start posting pictures to prove whos d*ck is bigger?

i just knew it was going to devolve that way. why cant we all just agree to disagree? some people will never change their views, no matter what you say or do.

even conversations that start out somewhat civil end up getting nasty.

just LET IT GO ALREADY. i left one of the other vette forums because if this stuff. havent been here even 3 months i think and im almost about ready to bail on this one too...
Don't go running and hiding yet. This site is nothing like the others.

Besides, my dick is bigger than all ya all's. Wanna see????
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #94
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Not a threat, definitely not a threat. A promise maybe but nope, not a threat.
Like there is a difference?
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #95
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You first.

This is the news room. It has always been like this and always will. The best way to get away from it is to hang out in the OT and Corvette sections. Lots of good cute cat threads and restoration projects. But if you venture into this section, look out for the flying claws and dead bodies. After awhile, you end up getting use to the smell.
Actually, we're in the lounge. Looks like you forgot what room you're in again Grady. Gittin' old is a bitch.

As for the rest of your comment....
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #96
Junkman2008
DC Crew
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 30,448
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 281
Thanked 883 Times in 703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Actually, we're in the lounge. Looks like you forgot what room you're in again Grady. Gittin' old is a bitch.

As for the rest of your comment....
I guess that's what I get for being all over the place. And I started the damn thread!
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #97
87vette70TA
Account Disabled.
 
Posts: 6,799
Member #139306
Member since: Mar 2014
Location: Central Illinois

My Corvette(s)
1987 C4 Roadster

Thanks: 322
Thanked 266 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
As long as I'm driving.
You have Your Tiger Shark Junk.
The Camino too.
Been waiting for years....Gunny was with me on CF.

Your my Co Pilot.
Make sure nothing is Racial.
KILL JUNK
87vette70TA is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #98
BugsyK
DC Crew
 
BugsyK's Avatar
 
Posts: 127
Member #62816
Member since: Jul 2007

Thanks: 17
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
I hesitated to post this because things seem to have calmed down. Is this part of the majority you consider too smart?

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...on-house-floor

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus on Monday night condemned a Missouri grand jury's decision last week to not indict a white police officer for shooting unarmed black teenager Michael Brown.

In a series of House floor speeches on the first day back in session since the Thanksgiving recess, lawmakers said the grand jury's conclusion that there wasn't enough evidence to indict Ferguson, Mo. police officer Darren Wilson suggested African Americans didn't receive the same treatment from the criminal justice system.

Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio), the CBC's chairwoman, said it was an "embarrassment" the U.S. still has issues with race relations in 2014.
"The Ferguson grand jury's decision not to indict Officer Wilson was another slap in our face," Fudge said. "If we are to learn anything from the tragic death of Michael Brown, we must first acknowledge that we have a race issue we are not addressing."

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) said the outrage over the shooting and the grand jury's decision not to indict Wilson was due to an apparent pattern of white police officers using lethal force against unarmed African American men.

"People are fed up all across America because of the injustice involved in continuing to see young, unarmed African American men killed as the result of a gun shot fired by a law enforcement officer," Jeffries said. "People in America are fed up with a broken criminal justice system that continues to fail to deliver accountability when law enforcement officers engage in the excessive use of police force."

Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.) said the events in Ferguson demonstrated that the U.S. still struggles with race relations despite electing the first African American president in 2008.

"Although we've elected President Barack Obama here in the United States, I've heard some say we were in a post-racial America," Meeks said. "No, we are not. For racism is still alive and well in the United States of America. We've got work to do."

Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) urged approval of requiring police officers to wear body cameras in order to hold them accountable. President Obama announced Monday that the administration would provide law enforcement agencies with $263 million for purchasing body cameras.

"They're not a cure-all, they're not a panacea. But they are a positive step in the right direction," Green said.

In a statement immediately following the grand jury's decision last week, Fudge said the outcome was a "miscarriage of justice" suggesting that "Black lives hold no value."

Members of the CBC also spoke on the House floor on the first day back in session after the August shooting.

"This much cannot be disputed: Across America today, we have too many Michael Browns. We have too many unarmed black men who interact with police and wind up dead," Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.), whose district includes Ferguson, said at the time.

Wilson resigned from the Ferguson police force over the weekend.
BugsyK is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #99
Junkman2008
DC Crew
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 30,448
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 281
Thanked 883 Times in 703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyK View Post
I hesitated to post this because things seem to have calmed down. Is this part of the majority you consider too smart?
Who are you directing that question to?
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #100
BugsyK
DC Crew
 
BugsyK's Avatar
 
Posts: 127
Member #62816
Member since: Jul 2007

Thanks: 17
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
I apologize. It was directed to you. Didn't you say "The MAJORITY of us are smart enough to see through their rhetoric".
BugsyK is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #101
Junkman2008
DC Crew
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 30,448
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 281
Thanked 883 Times in 703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyK View Post
I apologize. It was directed to you. Didn't you say "The MAJORITY of us are smart enough to see through their rhetoric".
Yes I did. So the question that I now have for you is do you know how many black people there are in America, and do you think that these FEW folks are the majority of that number? Surely you don't think that just because you have a group of people with a fancy name, they speak for the majority of black people in America. Or, are you that naive?
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
scottq60 (12-07-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #102
BugsyK
DC Crew
 
BugsyK's Avatar
 
Posts: 127
Member #62816
Member since: Jul 2007

Thanks: 17
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
It's possible I'm naive, I've been called that before. I do believe they are elected by primarily black voters and therefore represent the black community. Also, while the St Louis Rams football players aren't a majority they, like the CBC get a lot of public exposure.
BugsyK is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #103
Junkman2008
DC Crew
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 30,448
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 281
Thanked 883 Times in 703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyK View Post
It's possible I'm naive, I've been called that before. I do believe they are elected by primarily black voters and therefore represent the black community.
Stop right there. That logic you are using is as naive as saying that black people are the reason that Obama was elected TWICE for president. Since blacks only make up 12-13% of the ENTIRE US population, EVERY black person in America could have voted for him and he would NOT have been elected without the votes from other races. Add to that, only a fraction of the total amount of black people in America bother to vote (as is true with ALL races). So while I'm positive that a fraction of black voters helped put these people in office, to say that the MAJORITY of their voter support was black is nothing more than an ASSUMPTION on your behalf. ASSUMPTIONS are part of why America is in the turmoil that it is in. Just like the idiots who ASSUME that all white cops are bad and are out to kill every black teenager they can find, these assumptions that are not based on facts are exactly what is fueling the fire.

So base your statements on the FACTS that you can prove, not careless ASSUMPTIONS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyK View Post
Also, while the St Louis Rams football players aren't a majority they, like the CBC get a lot of public exposure.
And so did these guys:



Do you know the story behind them and how they were persecuted for doing that? It's a very interesting story that you could learn a lot from. The LAST thing that the US wants to repeat is the persecution that was laid out on these guys. This is supposed to be the home of the brave and the land of the free. The very thing that this country's foundation is based on is the guarantee of those NFL player's actions to be done WITHOUT the fear of persecution. If the day ever arises when Americans cannot publicly express themselves without fear of persecution, I will burn my Marine Corps dress blues and go live in Australia.

I ain't burning my blues and that day will never come as long as I and other red-blooded Americans are breathing air on this planet.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
scottq60 (12-07-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #104
BugsyK
DC Crew
 
BugsyK's Avatar
 
Posts: 127
Member #62816
Member since: Jul 2007

Thanks: 17
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Yes, I'm familiar with the story behind the Olympians and you are correct it is an assumption on my part. Regardless of whether or not they are elected by a majority of black voters they claim to represent the black community. I guess that's just an assumption on their part as well. By the way, I never said the players didnt have a right to make the gestures they made. I only said they get a lot of exposure.
BugsyK is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #105
Junkman2008
DC Crew
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 30,448
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 281
Thanked 883 Times in 703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyK View Post
... I guess that's just an assumption on their part as well.
Or, it's just a ploy to get voted into office so that they can further their OWN agenda. Tell me this, do you know ONE black person who can tell you ONE thing that the Members of the Congressional Black Caucus has done for them? Do you know ONE black person who can tell you the name of ONE member of the Congressional Black Caucus? Do you know ONE black person who can tell you who the president of the NAACP is?

After you exhaust all of your black friends trying to find just one, you will quickly realize just how relevant (or irrelevant) these organizations are to most black people.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
scottq60 (12-07-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved