When White People Riot... - Page 9 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #121
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
A friend of mine (a former DC Cop and Retired from DOJ) sent me this:

WHAT FERGUSON MEANS FOR AMERICA'S COPS

Every police officer in America knows one thing – it could have been him. Or her.

It could have been him or her, instead of Darren Wilson, who pulled that trigger on Michael Brown.

Or some such similar young man.

Every cop in America knows that, in return for choosing a career in law enforcement, the rules of the road are now that, at any minute, it all could be over and you could become hated and condemned all across the country.

No one would have your back, even the president could denounce you.

Because you defended yourself.

In a twist on biting the hand that feeds you, we are instead tying the hand that defends us. We are sending them out, and waiting for the first chance to gut them.

It is an incomprehensible act of ingratitude.

All across American law enforcement, officers know that the new reality facing them when they pull their gun is: By defending myself, I could be condemning myself.

Take Darren Wilson.

A good cop on routine patrol. He’s coming back from a call and has brief contact with two individuals. Nothing comes of it until he moves a ways down the block and gets a radio description of a wanted individual matching one of the young men he’s just seen.

Rolling back up on the two individuals, the larger of them – Michael Brown – lunges into the driver’s window of the squad car and begins assaulting Darren Wilson. Michael Brown then tries to take away the officer’s gun.

The officer gets off a round, Michael Brown attempts to flee, and then charges at the officer, twice, before being shot to death.

In the mind of witnesses and Darren Wilson, Michael Brown was set to attack and was an immediate threat to the life of Officer Wilson.

So Officer Wilson did what his training taught him to do. He did what instinct, morality and the laws of men command him to do – he defended himself.

And his life is ruined.

His career is over, his family is threatened, his name is destroyed, he has been vilified across the country and by the nation’s most prominent voices.

People have rioted demanding imprisonment for him, and there have been countless threats on his life.

His life, as he knew it, is over.

Because he was a cop and he defended himself.

An entire society has forgotten that Darren Wilson is not the perpetrator of a crime, he is the victim of a crime.

Likewise, it has been forgotten that Darren Wilson was an officer of the law with a duty to act, and that he was on patrol that day in the name and service of the people.

And it is dispiriting to see how instantly the people have turned on him and his profession.

You get up in the morning and put on a uniform that carries with it the obligation to potentially die in the service of your community, to put yourself between the good people and whatever species of hell pops up, and then, when you are literally fighting for your life and the community’s protection, nobody has your back.

Everybody curses your name.

Millions hate you.

Much of the nation turns against you.

In the matter of some 20 seconds.

Damned if you do, dead if you don't.

Every cop in America wakes up every day knowing that that could be his fate. By the happenstance of random probability, the unpredictability of criminality, some wild hare seizing upon who knows what thug, and that could be you.

And it wouldn’t matter who you were, or what good you had done, or how many years you had served, or what you had made of your life and to what good cause you had dedicated it.

Al Sharpton would be yelling your name, mobs would be burning your effigy, and the president would be undercutting your profession.

And who wants that?

What kind of person, having seen on the nation’s newscasts the destruction of Darren Wilson, wants to risk that?

How many law enforcement officers will think of the danger associated with their thankless job, see the risk facing themselves and their family, recognize that it is completely unfair and wrong, and quit?

How many will lay down their badge and their career and walk away?

Probably none.

Because that’s the kind of people most of them are. They press on. They do their duty. They don’t quit.

That’s who they are.

More at issue is: Who are we?

Are we the kind of society that looks on and does nothing, or are we the kind of society that values law enforcement and what it does, and has its back?

Are we the kind of society that can look at the matter in Ferguson and push back the anti-cop prejudices and honestly consider the situation of Darren Wilson? Can we recognize the injustice of his situation?

Not that he wasn’t prosecuted, but that he was ever suspected. That an officer of the law, the victim of a violent and felonious attack, can be forced into a fight for his life, and then be condemned for winning.

Would society have preferred he die?

We all know that if the cop had died, instead of the guy who attacked him, that none of us would have ever heard of this.

The president wouldn’t have commented, the nation wouldn’t have noticed, nobody would have given a damn.

Dead cop, no problem.

Dead thug, raise holy hell.

And every cop knows that.

And carries that sad realization 24 hours a day.

The president said we need to train our police better. Maybe we need to train our society better.

Maybe we should train the Michael Browns of the world to respect the law, and maybe we should train the rest of us to respect the law enforcers.

And have their backs.

Or at least understand the horrible risk and reality Ferguson creates for them.

Because every cop knows today could be his day.
I see this two ways. I see it from a cop's perspective who has that us/them mentality. Whoever wrote this does not practice community oriented policing.

This is the disconnect that the police have with the people they police. It's not supposed to be us/them, it's supposed to be WE. It's the us/them officers that have a hard time winning the trust of the people they police. The "WE" police don't have this issue because the people they police see them as a part of THEM.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #122
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Sharpton has spent more time in the White House advising Obama over the past year than Biden has. Tells you a lot about who Obama is.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/02/sharpto...et-with-obama/
I think Obama, just as MOST whites do, tolerate Al Sharpton and his ilk rather than shut him out. It sure wasn't black people or Obama who gave Sharpton a TV show.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #123
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I think Obama, just as MOST whites do, tolerate Al Sharpton and his ilk rather than shut him out. It sure wasn't black people or Obama who gave Sharpton a TV show.
"Tolerates"???? :rol ling:

Sharpton has visited the WH and Obama 82 times since Obama took office. Tolerates???? I'm fucking crying here.

Your man, Obama, has in his friends circle the likes of Alfred Sharpton, Reverend "God Damn America" Jeremiah Wright, the honorable Jesse Jackson, and Louis Farrakhan. Tolerates eh? Shame on you.

As for the TV show, are you insinuating that "Whitie" gave him the tv show? So that makes him ok?

That race baiting, tax dodging, criminal pile of shit should be in prison...not visiting the President of the United States.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #124
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Quote:
I see this two ways. I see it from a cop's perspective who has that us/them mentality. Whoever wrote this does not practice community oriented policing.

This is the disconnect that the police have with the people they police. It's not supposed to be us/them, it's supposed to be WE. It's the us/them officers that have a hard time winning the trust of the people they police. The "WE" police don't have this issue because the people they police see them as a part of THEM.
The "we" police don't have this issue???

Are you in fairy land?

You can be a "we" police all you want in a neighborhood that hate's your guts and they will celebrate when you are dead.
"They" as a whole, will NEVER see you as a part of "them."

Go visit Chicago's west side as a cop and try to be a "we" .
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #125
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanked 1,124 Times in 810 Posts
An enlightening few paragraphs from an article critical of a New York Times article written right from the clouds of the zany left wing:

The Times then goes into blazing hyperbole about the reign of terror inflicted “daily” on blacks by the police in Ferguson and nationally. The Times coyly cites “news accounts” — i.e., its own– claiming that the police in Ferguson “systematically target poor and minority citizens for street and traffic stops — partly to generate fines.” The Times has no evidence of such systematic targeting, proof of which would require determining the rate at which blacks and whites violate traffic and other laws and then comparing those rates to their stop rates. Studies elsewhere have shown that blacks speed at higher rates than whites. Blacks likely also have lower rates of car registration and vehicle upkeep, for economic reasons. Moreover, if authorities are using traffic fines in order to generate revenue, they would presumably “target” the people most likely to be able to pay those fines, not the poorest residents of an area.

Even more fantastically, the Times claims that “the killing of young black men by police is a common feature of African-American life and a source of dread for black parents from coast to coast.” A “common feature”? This is pure hysteria, likely penned by Times columnist Charles Blow. The public could perhaps be forgiven for believing that “the killing of young black men by police is a common feature of African-American life,” given the media frenzy that follows every such rare police killing, compared to the silence that greets the daily homicides committed by blacks against other blacks. The press, however, should know better. According to published reports, the police kill roughly 200 blacks a year — most of them attacking the officer. In 2013, there were 6,261 black homicide victims in the U.S. The police could eliminate all fatal shootings without having any significant impact on the black homicide death rate. The killers of those black homicide victims are overwhelmingly other blacks, responsible for a death risk ten times that of whites in urban areas. In 2013, 5,375 blacks were arrested for homicide, which is greater than the number of whites and Hispanics combined (4,396), even though blacks are only 13 percent of the national population.

The Times trots out the misleading statistic published by ProPublica last month that young black males are 21 times more likely to be shot dead by police than young white males — a calculation that overlooks that young black men commit homicide at nearly ten times the rate of young white and Hispanic males combined. That astronomically higher homicide-commission rate means that police officers are going to be disproportionately in black neighborhoods to fight crime, where they will more likely encounter armed shooting suspects. If the black crime rate were the same as the white crime rate, the victims of police shootings would most certainly also be equal among the races. Asians are minorities, which, according to the Times’ ideology, should make them the target of police brutality. But they barely show up in police-shooting data because their crime rates are so low.

For the years 2005–2009, a significant portion of victims in the ProPublica study — 62 percent — were resisting arrest or assaulting an officer as Michael Brown did. The cop hatred that activists and press organs like the Times do their best to foment significantly increases the chances of such aggressive and dangerous behavior.

The Times serves up a good example of anti-cop propaganda when it confidently states that “many police officers see black men as expendable figures on the urban landscape, not quite human beings.” That will be news to the thousands of police officers who are the only people willing to put their lives on the line to protect innocent blacks from predation. Until the Times’ editors and reporters start patrolling dark stairwells in housing projects and running toward gang gunfire, their superior concern for black men will lack credibility.
Without question, plenty of officers treat civilians rudely and desperately need retraining in professional courtesy. Having trash thrown at you from roofs or being cursed at and blocked in your pursuit of suspects does not conduce to a cheerful attitude on the streets, but officers nevertheless have a duty to respect the public. The fact remains, however, that black crime drives police presence and activity in black neighborhoods.
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #126
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
The fact remains, however, that black crime drives police presence and activity in black neighborhoods.
Well said.

Targeting blacks? Well I doubt there are too many non-blacks in these neighborhoods speeding, running lights, robbing liquor stores, killing, raping, and such. When 90% of the area is black, I'd assume you could expect a higher percentage of black criminals than non-black. Statistics are a bitch.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #127
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
... Your man, Obama, has in his friends circle the likes of Alfred Sharpton, Reverend "God Damn America" Jeremiah Wright, the honorable Jesse Jackson, and Louis Farrakhan. Tolerates eh? Shame on you.
Your man, David Duke use to run the KKK.

Now just because I posted it doesn't make it true, now does it? Are you trying to claim that Obama is "my man" because I'm black? Is that your logic? Tell you what, let me speak for myself and I will let you do the same.

By the way, here's my man, so that you don't get it twisted again. That's 2-time national championship, Hall of Fame Coach Denny Crum. I will be at the Ohio State/Louisville game with him tonight. Look for me on ESPN at 9:30PM. I'll wave at cha'.

The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
scottq60 (12-07-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #128
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
The "we" police don't have this issue???

Are you in fairy land?

You can be a "we" police all you want in a neighborhood that hate's your guts and they will celebrate when you are dead.
"They" as a whole, will NEVER see you as a part of "them."

Go visit Chicago's west side as a cop and try to be a "we" .
Are you, or have you ever been a LEO? I didn't think so and thus, don't expect YOU to remotely understand.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #129
1963SS
DC Crew

Member #96709

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

Quote:
I will be at the Ohio State/Louisville game with him tonight. Look for me on ESPN at 9:30PM. I'll wave at cha'.
You're less than 1 1/2 hours from Lexington where the big boys play basketball. You should go to Rupp instead. Nothing in Kentucky is supposed to be RED. It's called BLUEgrass for a reason. Come watch a real game.
1963SS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If smoking marijuana causes short term memory loss

What does smoking marijuana do?
The Following User Says Thank You to 1963SS For This Useful Post:
scottq60 (12-07-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #130
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Quote:
Are you, or have you ever been a LEO? I didn't think so and thus, don't expect YOU to remotely understand.
Junk,

You have met me yet you don't know me.

I don't say anything about what I do and the people I interact with on this or any forum.

I could send selfies everyday with me and public figures, but I don't because I choose to remain private and protect the people I interact with.

For you to make a statement relating to ANYTHING personal about me, my responsibilities, or experiences is unfounded.

I still like you though.

Matt
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #131
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanked 1,124 Times in 810 Posts
Quote:

Now just because I posted it doesn't make it true, now does it? Are you trying to claim that Obama is "my man" because I'm black? Is that your logic? Tell you what, let me speak for myself and I will let you do the same.

By the way, here's my man, so that you don't get it twisted again. That's 2-time national championship, Hall of Fame Coach Denny Crum. I will be at the Ohio State/Louisville game with him tonight. Look for me on ESPN at 9:30PM. I'll wave at cha'.

Whatever you do, please don't show him your chest hair.
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #132
87vette70TA
Account Disabled.

Member #139306

My Corvette(s)
1987 C4 Roadster

Fuck Junk.

Matt is upset even.

Drop the shit.

Put a Nude Lady Friend or something close.

No Chicks with Dicks. Ok ?
87vette70TA is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #133
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:

Nice deflection. Did you not realize the man that you continuously defend is a racist? You're upset that white college kids are not called a Mob because they're not burning down their own town and Obama's been POTUS for 6 years yet you miss the racial political game he plays under your nose? Talk about naive.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #134
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Junk,

You have met me yet you don't know me.

I don't say anything about what I do and the people I interact with on this or any forum.

I could send selfies everyday with me and public figures, but I don't because I choose to remain private and protect the people I interact with.

For you to make a statement relating to ANYTHING personal about me, my responsibilities, or experiences is unfounded.

I still like you though.

Matt
I don't think what I said had anything with being personal. What I said is I don't expect you to understand the mentality of a cop in a city like Ferguson unless you have worked as a LEO in a city like Ferguson. At the same time, that mentality is NOT shared by officers who work where COP is utilized and the officers believe in it. How is that getting personal?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #135
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Whatever you do, please don't show him your chest hair.
Check out his beard... that's new to us Louisville fans.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in