Cold enough - Page 8 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-09-2019, 11:22 PM   #106
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Originally Posted by autowiz View Post
You are like a conspiracy theorist but for drag racing, lol. The factory produced engine is good for hundreds of thousands of miles. The manufacturer is better than any aftermarket at preventing warranty claims. And my crate LSX376-B8 can be revved to 6600rpm as much as I like. But as Matt pointed out to you, when racing I wouldn't go to that redline anyways because I would be shifting where the torque dropped off around 5500rpm. Well below redline. But I guess you'd need a dyno to really know where the torque actually drops off on your stuff, huh?

The real question here is do you plan on taking your ta to a dyno so you can understand where the powerband is and apply the correct mods / shift kit to your transmission to keep that motor at it's peak TQ output as you hammer the gas pedal?

If the torque drops off at 5500 and redline is at 6600 I wouldn't be redlining to win, now would I be? Nay, in this scenario redlining would likely be costing me the race, huh?
Its pretty much like this.
Competition is tough and rules to follow.
Get them.out of the Hole launch.
Let them go by on launch and catch up mid track.
Let them get way ahead and catch up and pass at 1000-1320 feet.
Maniacmechanic1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2019, 11:25 PM   #107
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacmechanic1 View Post
His Engine builder & trans builder did the opposite of what most Pro Chevy drag racers do.
No 5,000-6,000 rpm stall.

Built it like a Pontiac V8.
Nitrous on let the instant torque rush pull the gear the car.
You know years before Pontiac died Pontiac V8's died. Even while Pontiac was still around. It was like We as a society first rejected their engines and then later their whole namesake. Or did you also notice how Pontiac switched to LS power for their final generation of your precious TA? Pontiac's name made it until 2010 but the v8 all died before or by 1997. 13 years of your company using GM's common v8 layout. Why do you suppose this is, Brian?
autowiz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2019, 11:52 PM   #108
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
I did not think you had what it takes for Fast Drag Racing...
yup that's it.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:59 AM   #109
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
You know years before Pontiac died Pontiac V8's died. Even while Pontiac was still around. It was like We as a society first rejected their engines and then later their whole namesake. Or did you also notice how Pontiac switched to LS power for their final generation of your precious TA? Pontiac's name made it until 2010 but the v8 all died before or by 1997. 13 years of your company using GM's common v8 layout. Why do you suppose this is, Brian?
There has not been a Record setting NMCA Corvette since Matt with his C4 Corvette.
Every Torque Tube Corvette has been a Failure for Drag Racing.
Torque Tube Corvettes were Engineering to be slow driving old man cars.
That is what I think.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:03 AM   #110
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
You can think what ever you think.
Corvette prices used are Rock Bottom all time Low.
Only the L88 Corvettes hold their Prices because they are Legends at winning Races.

No One Gives a Fuck about C5 & C6,

Last edited by Maniacmechanic1; 02-10-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:12 AM   #111
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
The Chevy Corvette was not even on the performance map in the Disco Era.
The 2nd Gen Trans Am was a Full 1-2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile.
Not great by todays standards but 14.1 - 15.0 tested by Hotrod magazine on Super T10 Models & 350 Turbo auto.
They called it a Rocket.
That is how fucking slow the Corvette was.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:22 AM   #112
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
We need to go back to the early years.
The 426 Maxi Wedge was out. Pre Hemi 426 Factory Race Engine (1964 Released)......IT WAS 1962 & 1963.

Chevrolet could not do fucking shit on Nascar nor Drag Racing.
Pontiac won 49 out of 51 Races in the 1962 Race Season.
Smokey Yunick took a look at the 409 Chevy & called it a Piece of Mother Fuck Shit.
Went to Race Winning Pontiac V8 & Fireball Roberts Driving.
Holy Fuck Near Domination by Pontiac.

Mickey Thompson, Arnie Beswick & Dozens of Pros Racing those Lightweight Super Duty Catalinas. Entire front clip was aluminum, bumpers & rear deck aluminum.
Hundreds of little guys bought & raced & won nationwide too.

1963 The Swiss Cheese Cat was out.
It weighed just 3200 lbs with a tank of fuel.
Lighter than the Chevy Corvette & Pontiac Full size.
Then 9 All aluminum SD421 Tempests made.
It was 1963 & actually had 550 Horsepower those race SD421's.
More than your Fuck B8 & Fuck B15.
No Fuck Safe zone old man shit.

A PONTIAC RACE CAR.
THEY EVEN KNOCKED DODGES DICK OFF.

1964 THE PONTIAC GTO CAME OUT.
STARTED THE MUSCLE CAR RACE.

NOT YOUR GOD DAMN FUCK C5 CORVETTE....OLD MANS CAR.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:38 AM   #113
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
yup that's it.

You Suck Lately at Street Racing & Drag Racing.

You got spanked BAD by a Big Semi Truck from a DIG.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:48 AM   #114
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Quote:
Matt did alot of different kinds of drag racing,
Bracket racing where you need dead consistency.
Then Street Racing at night.
Then NMCA Class specific racing.

I don't know all of his combo but when the Nitrous was on 1st stage the 2500 converter likley flashed to 5,000 rpm in the TH400 trans.
2nd hit it liklely revved high.
OK guys...

I really tried to stay out of this pissing contest.

I just have to clarify a couple things....

Wiz, yes you want to shift at torque peak on any car.

However when you cross the line at the big end you are whinding out the revs.

Why? as I point out in my instructions you don't want to shift your car from 3 to 4 at the 1000 ft mark when you are over 5000 rpm becuse you drop to a lower torque band because the fourth gear ratio is so low in your auto it will actually slow you down.

So the faster your times are the higher the revs are at 1320.

you just dont want to shift into 4 becsue that is most liley overdrive. (real race cars don't have 4th gear so I had to make a point to you to hold it in 3rd)

So your 1-2 and 2-3 shift are at torque peak your are correct, however you will hit the 6000 rpm neighborhood at the end.

Also I appreciate the references but my car was a street legal race car. It did one thing. Race. I am and was fortunate enough to afford to be able to do this.

It did NOT take me to work. It did not go to the store. I loaded it up on a trailer to go to the track and back. Occasionally I would sneek it out with DOT tires to go to a local cruise night or just look for trouble on the street. (I am luckey I did not go to jail when I did that.)

On my third and final motor (Yes wiz to your point I trashed 'em) I can't remember how much money I put into that thing but I had every intention that thing would never see 10,000 miles

It just ran 1320's every weekend. THAT's IT. That is what is was built for.

It was a gutted C4. Chrome molly cage, aluminum seats, custom everything. I mean custom as in one off welding and fabrication.

For futher reference at full nitrous shot and a 9second run i was hitting 7000 +/- RPM.

I did not do that a lot as it had to be for $$$$$

So I guess what I am getting at is that you cannot compare my C4 to any car most normal people would want to drive.
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt383 For This Useful Post:
Maniacmechanic1 (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 08:01 AM   #115
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
The Chevy Corvette was not even on the performance map in the Disco Era.
The 2nd Gen Trans Am was a Full 1-2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile.
Not great by todays standards but 14.1 - 15.0 tested by Hotrod magazine on Super T10 Models & 350 Turbo auto.
They called it a Rocket.
That is how fucking slow the Corvette was.
Buddy. It is 2019. Stop dwelling in the past. And come back to current times. Your Pontiacs all went under because they sucked. Chevrolet continued because everybody always loved Chevrolet. And Corvette is still the only American sports car to sustain over 60 years of continual sales.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #116
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Buddy. It is 2019. Stop dwelling in the past. And come back to current times. Your Pontiacs all went under because they sucked. Chevrolet continued because everybody always loved Chevrolet. And Corvette is still the only American sports car to sustain over 60 years of continual sales.
Lets see You Street race a Modern Doge Hemi Supercharged with your own C5.
Can go to the track no prep event.
It will be slick as wet ice on launch just like the streets at night when the blacktop cools off.
Show the Win by You.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #117
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjYU...i8JwJ10CSY6W-O

You Suck Lately at Street Racing & Drag Racing.

You got spanked BAD by a Big Semi Truck from a DIG.
At least find a car that looks close to mine. Really. I have posted so many pictures and videos of my car here that everybody knows what my C5 looks like. But then you are probably far past the point of caring who sees your lies and the shit you talk.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #118
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
At least find a car that looks close to mine. Really. I have posted so many pictures and videos of my car here that everybody knows what my C5 looks like. But then you are probably far past the point of caring who sees your lies and the shit you talk.

That was a mild bumped up semi truck with 500 HP.

They belch out way more black smoke when cranked up to 900 HP.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:33 AM   #119
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
OK guys...

Why? as I point out in my instructions you don't want to shift your car from 3 to 4 at the 1000 ft mark when you are over 5000 rpm becuse you drop to a lower torque band because the fourth gear ratio is so low in your auto it will actually slow you down.

you just dont want to shift into 4 becsue that is most liley overdrive. (real race cars don't have 4th gear so I had to make a point to you to hold it in 3rd)

So your 1-2 and 2-3 shift are at torque peak your are correct, however you will hit the 6000 rpm neighborhood at the end.

Also I appreciate the references but my car was a street legal race car. It did one thing. Race. I am and was fortunate enough to afford to be able to do this.

It did NOT take me to work. It did not go to the store. I loaded it up on a trailer to go to the track and back. Occasionally I would sneek it out with DOT tires to go to a local cruise night or just look for trouble on the street. (I am luckey I did not go to jail when I did that.)

On my third and final motor (Yes wiz to your point I trashed 'em) I can't remember how much money I put into that thing but I had every intention that thing would never see 10,000 miles

It was a gutted C4. Chrome molly cage, aluminum seats, custom everything. I mean custom as in one off welding and fabrication.

For futher reference at full nitrous shot and a 9second run i was hitting 7000 +/- RPM.

So I guess what I am getting at is that you cannot compare my C4 to any car most normal people would want to drive.
Matt, please, you have been out of the game for a long time. It is because you left the game before the 4l60E that you don't understand this change. But we have 3d tables to tune and decide when and how each shift can take place now. And every single 4l60E with just it's stock calibration will NOT enter 4th gear at wide open throttle until an extreme high speed or until you let your foot out of the gas. This is a base core programming in all transmissions. Your knowledge has moved to legacy, bro. Because these transmissions were made by the same people that made the 400 and whatever else you loved in your c4 so much, it was just made later and with all the knowledge that you think GM just forgot about before they made any new designs.

I will post up tuning screenshots in a few.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #120
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
OK guys...

Its Hopeless.
You experience and legacy does not matter to Wiz.

He is always right.
I am always wrong.

John in New York noticed.
He thinks Wiz is a Joke.
Sends me Real offensive stuff about Wiz near daily.
I could post but being nice as I can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in