Post the meaning of your member name - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 03-08-2004, 06:22 PM   #46
Bart
DC Crew

Member #3539

My Corvette(s)
silverado rst

my name is Bart my older brother named me that because he was watching a tv show back in the 50s 60s : (bart maverick) so i don't disappoint him we do go gamblling sometimes.
Bart is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2004, 06:31 PM   #47
kenney
Hurricane!

Member #334

My Corvette(s)
1984 desceased oct 25,car heaven. .1998 Torch Red/Oak Int.

Quote:
Originally posted by c5d
c5d

First letter c: for c= MEĀ²
If a person was flying in cyber space at the speed of light (ala Superman) with his/her arm fully outstretched holding a facial mirror, what would they "see" in the mirror? Would they see their face? Would it be bigger or smaller than if they were stationary? Would it be distorted in any way? Would light waves have time to bounce off their face, hit the mirror, and bounce back to their retina which was also moving at the speed of light? And what if an observer was watching all this from the ground. What would he or she see?

The speed of light in cyberspace is a constant. So I then plugged in the letter "C" (a constant) to represent the fixed speed of light and low and behold...

Second number 5:
The primes 3, 5, 7 form an Arithmetic Sequence. There is a constant difference of 2 between one prime and the next. However the next term of the sequence is 9 which is not a prime number. So we have found only three prime numbers in arithmetic sequence. Five I like because there is only one equasion where you can add any two primes together, divide by 2 and get 5.

Third letter d:
The Letter D is a generally reliable letter. It usually makes the "duh" sound as in dog or sad. D sometimes makes the "t" sound (especially when it is the suffix "ed" as in kissed). When combined with another consonant, especially the letter "g", a grapheme is formed which sounds like "j" (as in ledger), Cool! I mean how many letters in the alphabet can you use to get a grapheme????

I bet you thought c5d was just "c5" for Corvette generation (1997), which I own, and "d" for Dann.

C'ya ( does that mean....C'ya?????)
D
holy shit batman
kenney is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
SAVE THE WAVE IN THE USA IF WE DONT,WHO WILL?
KENNEY LIVES ON
Old 03-08-2004, 07:07 PM   #48
matchframe
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #1213

My Corvette(s)
1978 Modification in progress

I edit TV shows for a living, and matchframe is a term used in editing. You match the frames together from 2 different source films, or tape to do an effect such as a dissolve, page-turn or any other special effect. Going from the ordinary to the extra-ordinary (Special Effects)

When I set up my first email account for the intra-office mail system at an ad agency I worked at in the late 80's, I thought I was being cute when I used matchframe. It has stuck ever since.
matchframe is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #49
Loggins
DC Crew

Member #1436

My Corvette(s)
Hyundai

Umm I used to watch the movie Half Baked a lot with my stoner friends. In the movie they say something about a used Kenny Loggins Record. For some reason the word Loggins got stuck in my head. I used it for a While on a Computer Game Called Counter-Strike. It just caught on i guess.

Side note- Im not a fan of Kenny Loggins.
Loggins is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Adam "Buy the ticket, take the ride."
Old 03-08-2004, 07:45 PM   #50
TreCool626
DC Crew

Member #730

My Corvette(s)
C6

Quote:
Originally posted by Loggins
Umm I used to watch the movie Half Baked a lot with my stoner friends. In the movie they say something about a used Kenny Loggins Record. For some reason the word Loggins got stuck in my head. I used it for a While on a Computer Game Called Counter-Strike. It just caught on i guess.

Side note- Im not a fan of Kenny Loggins.
I just realized you lost the 1 at the end. When did that happen?
TreCool626 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
NAVY WRESTLING

I just got back from Iraq. One time I was in combat for 40 hours straight, shooting at people who were trying to kill me. And it was nothing compared to one division I college wrestling practice, let alone a whole season- CAPT Zembiec after getting back from 7 months in al Nasirreah, Iraq

RIP
Old 03-08-2004, 07:52 PM   #51
Loggins
DC Crew

Member #1436

My Corvette(s)
Hyundai

Quote:
Originally posted by TreCool626
I just realized you lost the 1 at the end. When did that happen?
A while ago. I did have the original Loggins account too. I just forgot the password and had to Create Loggins1. I got Pat to change it.
Loggins is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Adam "Buy the ticket, take the ride."
Old 03-08-2004, 08:03 PM   #52
Five.7Liter
I have always wanted to be

Member #705

Mines pretty straight forward!
Five.7Liter is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
1993 Civic EX
Old 03-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #53
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

I hate it admit it but I am a fan of the Oakland Raiders and the Orlando Magic. When I first got AOL My wife came up with it. The cool part is all these years later and it is always available. Maybe I'm the only one dumb enough to like both of those teams.
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05
Old 03-10-2004, 08:59 PM   #54
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Quote:
Originally posted by c5d
c5d

First letter c: for c= MEĀ²
If a person was flying in cyber space at the speed of light (ala Superman) with his/her arm fully outstretched holding a facial mirror, what would they "see" in the mirror? Would they see their face? Would it be bigger or smaller than if they were stationary? Would it be distorted in any way? Would light waves have time to bounce off their face, hit the mirror, and bounce back to their retina which was also moving at the speed of light? And what if an observer was watching all this from the ground. What would he or she see?

The speed of light in cyberspace is a constant. So I then plugged in the letter "C" (a constant) to represent the fixed speed of light and low and behold...

Second number 5:
The primes 3, 5, 7 form an Arithmetic Sequence. There is a constant difference of 2 between one prime and the next. However the next term of the sequence is 9 which is not a prime number. So we have found only three prime numbers in arithmetic sequence. Five I like because there is only one equasion where you can add any two primes together, divide by 2 and get 5.

Third letter d:
The Letter D is a generally reliable letter. It usually makes the "duh" sound as in dog or sad. D sometimes makes the "t" sound (especially when it is the suffix "ed" as in kissed). When combined with another consonant, especially the letter "g", a grapheme is formed which sounds like "j" (as in ledger), Cool! I mean how many letters in the alphabet can you use to get a grapheme????

I bet you thought c5d was just "c5" for Corvette generation (1997), which I own, and "d" for Dann.

C'ya ( does that mean....C'ya?????)
D

You know that's what I though it meant!!!
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05
Old 03-10-2004, 09:02 PM   #55
veterun
DC Crew

Member #7299

My Corvette(s)
96 corvette (did own)

Mine is the plates off the vette. So I thought that I would use it here. It's like better run cuz i'm driving (haha) ok maybe not because I am driving but vette for the car and run veterun.
veterun is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #56
Kod_X
DC Crew

Member #2999

Here we go.

Back when I started BBSing in the 80s the band Exodus was a band I liked. So, on the BBSes I was "Exodus".(also happens to be the name of a former software pirate group.) (commodore bbses if anyone really wants to know).

Flash forward, On Q-Link (now AOL) I was exodus-x or something like that because "exodus" was already taken.

Flash forward even more years. I was playing Doom (on mplayer, I think) or something and a buddy of mine was called Kod1. He said he couldn't find me, so I changed my name to.. Kod_X so he would recognize me.

Funny. I can never get away from people calling me "Exo". About 10 years ago I got "exodus" tattooed in old english down the back of my arm..

Last edited by Kod_X; 03-10-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Kod_X is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Brian.
1988 Coupe, LT1 Intake Conversion. 3:54 rear gears, Gutted main cat to muffler elims. Headmen Elite Ceramic Coated Headers. Poly Bushings. A/C Delete, AIR Delete. TB Bypass, Cut lid, Z51 Rack, KYB shocks, SS brakelines, Drld/Sltd Rotors, Custom Chip by -=Jeff=-, 24# FMS Injectors, Z06 Rims, Az Speed Marine harness bar.

Current Project: On the look out for center console frame.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:35 PM   #57
Punk Boy
DC Pit Crew

Member #4

My Corvette(s)
RIP Mike Malone Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by Kod_X
Here we go.

Back when I started BBSing in the 80s the band Exodus was a band I liked. So, on the BBSes I was "Exodus".(also happens to be the name of a former software pirate group.) (commodore bbses if anyone really wants to know).

Flash forward, On Q-Link (now AOL) I was exodus-x or something like that because "exodus" was already taken.

Flash forward even more years. I was playing Doom (on mplayer, I think) or something and a buddy of mine was called Kod1. He said he couldn't find me, so I changed my name to.. Kod_X so he would recognize me.

Funny. I can never get away from people calling me "Exo". About 10 years ago I got "exodus" tattooed in old english down the back of my arm..
every time i see your name i think of rod knock for some unknown reason
Punk Boy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It's like Betty Crocker and Charles Manson had a love child and he's cooking for me"

"We can do this two ways: We can do this MY way, or we can do this MY way MAD."
Old 03-10-2004, 10:37 PM   #58
MrZippy
DC Crew

Member #5971

My Corvette(s)
2010 Blade Silver ZR1

Several years ago I needed to come up with a unique password for my work computer...for some unknown reason Zippy came to mind.....as they say , the rest is history.

Zippy
MrZippy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 10:45 PM   #59
matchframe
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #1213

My Corvette(s)
1978 Modification in progress

Quote:
Originally posted by MrZippy
Several years ago I needed to come up with a unique password for my work computer...for some unknown reason Zippy came to mind.....as they say , the rest is history.

Zippy
So now we know your password!!! Hmmm.

Last edited by matchframe; 03-10-2004 at 10:48 PM.
matchframe is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 11:03 PM   #60
Corz
I use man gel

Member #7

My nickname in High School was Cor, I have a 69 vette.. Threw a Z in there for the hell of it.

now everyone calls me Corz...
Corz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in