IB Nazis up to more shananigans..... - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #61
Black ZR1
DC Crew

Member #68579

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
I can see where anyone with the knowledge of HOW, could read PM's...but what about emails over the forums??

say like I click email mr. XYZ through the forums....
First, I never knew how to read PMs that weren't my own. Everytime I tried to do some computer stuff with our now dead forum, Blake would remind me that I don't know squat about computers. Seemed I'd also screw things up. Unlike many mods/admins, I knew Blake personally. He is a very stand up guy and would never violate someones privacy by reading their PM.

And anyone 'over there' who thinks the gods don't read them needs to change their meds.

So, if you are involved at the other place, don't send any PMs that you don't want management to know about. Of course, they don't have time to read all of them, but they can pick and chose if they get the urge.

Obviously, that goes for any forum. All forum software allow the head god to do anything he wants.

For some reason, I get the feeling Patrick is a very righteous person, so I doubt he really cares about PMs.
Black ZR1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #62
Black ZR1
DC Crew

Member #68579

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
I can see where anyone with the knowledge of HOW, could read PM's...but what about emails over the forums??

say like I click email mr. XYZ through the forums....
If it's a forum email, they can read it.

Every time some one PMs me with something I really don't want to go public with, I give them my separate email address.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #63
mrvette
Account Disabled.

Member #59755

My Corvette(s)
'72 hotrod custom

OH PEW, nasty thought crossed my mind.....

since IB owns the software these forums run on....wonder if they may well jack up the rates to forums they don't own..?? like HERE....

they could use that as a weapon against competition.....

mrvette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

GENE

IT is not the SIZE of the problem, but the perfection of the solution......

Airheads are immune to logic and common sense.

www.mrvette.shutterfly.com
Old 12-30-2007, 03:03 PM   #64
Black ZR1
DC Crew

Member #68579

Monopolies can be very powerful. However, it's my guess that if IB did that, someone else would create a compatible software at a much less costs.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #65
TouringMike
DC Crew

Member #64229

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black ZR1 View Post
So, if you are involved at the other place, don't send any PMs that you don't want management to know about. Of course, they don't have time to read all of them, but they can pick and chose if they get the urge.

Obviously, that goes for any forum. All forum software allow the head god to do anything he wants.

For some reason, I get the feeling Patrick is a very righteous person, so I doubt he really cares about PMs.

Here's a PM I received from over there, that I'll gladly share.
Because I'm not a COMPLETE ass just yet, I'll hide the OPs name,
but I'm sure the IB admins/mods can figure out who sent it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your #1 Admirer- you doofus
After reading your post in C4 Gen

You are really an AZZHOLE!
You don't even deserve to be a CF member.

By the sound of your lowly self esteem, and that OBNOXIOUS grill, you need to sell the Vette and buy a Volvo and just go away

I just love posting this.
What's wrong with my grill anyway???

TouringMike is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #66
45 Auto
DC Crew

Member #64211

My Corvette(s)
C3

Quote:
Gee, this stuff is around 5 years old an I'm still a 'legend'. . .
If what you say is true, and there is no particular reason to doubt you, then you had every reason to leave. In fact I can't imagine why you went back.

Although quite busy, that forum impresses me less and less all the time.

My mention of my impression that you were heavy handed was not intended to offend in any way, it was as I said, an impression and nothing more. As I recall, you spent a great deal of time in the off topic area. I only briefly scanned it from time to time, so I could have gotten the wrong idea from bad timing. There was a time or two where you'd nuked the area and to a casual observer . . . you understand I'm sure.

In any event, I do hope things worked out in the long run.
45 Auto is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #67
prospero63
DC Crew

Member #13066

I'm curious, why do so many of you seem to care so damned much? Is it a case of being told "you don't belong" and thus you need to rail about it at every opportunity? If the place is so damned bad, why do so many of you seem to so badly wish you could still post there?
prospero63 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Go read my blog. You know you want to.

"Let me explain how the chain of command works. I take this here chain, and I beat you until you obey my commands."
Old 12-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #68
Black ZR1
DC Crew

Member #68579

No offense taken. Hell, at the cruise in, when we'd have our mandatory ass kissing meetings, it'd be brought up about how well I'm banning folks.

Trust me, at that other place, an OT Mod is nothing more than a scapegoat. You do what is asked of you by the management, things turn to crap, they'll just blame the mod. It's quite a great concept, but somewhat CS.

My posting there is no where near what it used to be. I do like this place better.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #69
Black ZR1
DC Crew

Member #68579

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero63 View Post
I'm curious, why do so many of you seem to care so damned much? Is it a case of being told "you don't belong" and thus you need to rail about it at every opportunity? If the place is so damned bad, why do so many of you seem to so badly wish you could still post there?
I think it's the wart syndrome. Let's say you have a wart on your hand. You pick it from time to time, to the extent it becomes a habit. Then you go to the doctor, got the wart removed. But.................even though it is no longer there, you still pick at the same spot, just from habit...........

If any forum told me they didn't want me, that's fine. For reasons I don't understand, some people consider a forum to be a crucial part of their life. Geesh, it's just the freakin internet.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:40 PM   #70
Me2
DC Crew

Member #68565

My Corvette(s)
1999 Arctic White C5 Coupe

Quote:
I think it's the wart syndrome. Let's say you have a wart on your hand. You pick it from time to time, to the extent it becomes a habit. Then you go to the doctor, got the wart removed. But.................even though it is no longer there, you still pick at the same spot, just from habit...........

If any forum told me they didn't want me, that's fine. For reasons I don't understand, some people consider a forum to be a crucial part of their life. Geesh, it's just the freakin internet.

My personal life was attacked over there by a well known member - an entire thread was started for that very reason. The issue had NOTHING to do with anything on the forum and a lot of people joined in and it was no one's fucking business. I sent an SOS to get the thread locked down and ended up w/ the administrator posting terrible things and THEN locking it. It's still available to view in the archives / it never disappeared because the one that started the thread is in the click.

I wasn't asked or forced to leave, did that on my own. It's just the fact that alot of people there have that holier than thou' attitude and in actuality are friggin' assholes. I'm as real online as I am in person - most tend to hide behind their PC screen and are keyboard warriors. BUT I still log on just to see what the assholes are up to - I just don't post. Kind of like a train wreck - as bad as it is, you just can't keep yourself from looking.

I haven't been a member here for even 24 hours yet but I've been welcomed by more people in the past several hours than I was in CF - no, I take that back. I was NEVER welcomed by anyone - just PM'd "who are you and why are you posting in our thread" - LMAO.

I like it here .............
Me2 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #71
Caged_Bird
I support glass stairways

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero63 View Post
So I can stir up more shit.
Caged_Bird is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'77 350 4-bolt bored .030 over, stock crank and rods, KB hypereutectic pistons, Comp 275DEH cam, ported and polished vortec heads, Comp Valve Springs, Harland Sharp fulcrum roller rockers 1.5:1, custom length Manley pushrods, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley fuel pump, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, MSD Streetfire Dizzy, Taylor spark plug wires, modded 700-R4, 3:55 rear gears, TCI roll control, upgraded front and rear suspension. B&M Megashifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
The only "enemies" that fear Obama is taxpayers..
First went Exotix, now Dune, I'd be careful if I were you, Machine...
Old 12-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #72
92Roadster

Member #36181

..when I was a member of CF I thought I had made some friends there, but you never know, after some posting edits with the mods it was apparent that I was no longer welcomed there. So I posted that I was leaving CF and left a personal e-mail in case anyone wanted to contact me as to staying in touch, well only one person contacted me and that was to find out what happened, other mods and members posted to my last thread as "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out", "by the way who the f**k are you anyways", "you never should have been here in the first place", and so on. What is strange is I never did anything that bad to receive such shit, IF YOU DON'T FIT IN THE "CLICK" YOU NEVER WILL, if I had a problem I would keep it behind closed doors as to not to disrupt the forum. WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #73
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Quote:
And no, I don't really get along very well with smart azz punk 17 year old teenagers. Guess it's just a character flaw.
Sure, tell it like it really is. Gotta love it.
Waco is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Parity is for dirt farmers." - Seymour Cray
Old 12-30-2007, 07:25 PM   #74
mrvette
Account Disabled.

Member #59755

My Corvette(s)
'72 hotrod custom

Quote:

BECAUSE, THE NET is a good substitute for watching boring reruns of olde tyme TV shows, or other ill written/conceived TV programming, after Fox news is off, and OReilly is off the air, (assuming the show is interesting)....

there is NOTHING ON....so it's the net....

my hobby interests for some decades now have been cars.....mainly GM, but many others too....

I"d rather talk cars.....simple, really.....OT and Poly ticks is interesting as a diversion.....
mrvette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

GENE

IT is not the SIZE of the problem, but the perfection of the solution......

Airheads are immune to logic and common sense.

www.mrvette.shutterfly.com
Old 12-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #75
MirroredShdz
DC Crew

Member #64733

My Corvette(s)
Matchbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
I can understand why they banned me. I mean, COME ON!

But Bogus? WTF? That's just proof that the eAntiChrist has come to CF.

I missed it. What did you do?

MirroredShdz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in