CORVETTE RACING IN CANADA: Fässler to Fill In for Milner at CTMP - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > General Corvette Topics > Corvette Road Racing / Drag Racing / Autocross / HPDE
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Corvette Road Racing / Drag Racing / Autocross / HPDE
Discuss racing, car prep, racing schools, HPDE's, and other track topics.

Sponsored by: Pfadt Race Engineering
Pfadt Race Engineering

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 07-02-2019, 05:21 PM   #1
cor123
DC Crew

Member #2941

CORVETTE RACING IN CANADA: Fässler to Fill In for Milner at CTMP

Press Release:

Hand injury sidelines Corvette Racing standout for this weekend

CORVETTE RACING IN CANADA: Fässler to Fill In for Milner at CTMP
Hand injury sidelines Corvette Racing standout for this weekend

DETROIT (July 2, 2019) – Marcel Fässler will drive for Corvette Racing this weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park as a fill-in for Tommy Milner. Milner, who regularly drives the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R with Oliver Gavin, suffered an injury to his left hand in a crash on the opening lap Sunday at the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen.

As a result, Fässler will team with Gavin and make his first start at CTMP for the Mobil 1 Sports Car Grand Prix presented by Acura. It also will mark the first time Milner has missed an event for Corvette Racing since joining the program in 2011.

Fässler has been part of Corvette Racing’s endurance lineup for the past four seasons. He teamed with Gavin and Milner for 24-hour races at Daytona, Le Mans and Sebring’s 12-hour enduro. His return to Corvette Racing comes three weeks after his own heavy crash at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Milner’s status will be re-evaluated ahead of Corvette Racing’s event at Lime Rock Park on July 19-20.

The Mobil 1 Sports Car Grand Prix presented by Acura begins at 1:05 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 7. It will air live on NBC beginning at 1 p.m. ET. Live audio coverage of practices, qualifying and the race from IMSA Radio is available on IMSA.com.

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “My day went from bad to worse Sunday. Additional tests after my initial exam at Watkins Glen showed an injury to my left hand that will prevent me from competing at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this weekend. On the advice of doctors, there is too much risk for further damage and it would be best to allow time for it to heal. I look forward to getting back into the car as soon as I'm able. In the meantime, I'm glad we are able to call on Marcel. He always does a great job for the team and we’re all confident he’ll do the same this weekend.”

MARCEL FÄSSLER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “I’m very sorry for Tommy’s injury. I’m sure It is a very difficult and frustrating situation for him, and I hope he is back in the Corvette soon. It will be a different experience driving the C7.R around Canadian Tire Motorsport Park than what I am used to at Daytona, Sebring and Le Mans. But Corvette Racing is a very close team. We all work well together, so I’m positive the team will do the best job possible helping me get up to speed.”
cor123 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to cor123 For This Useful Post:
Playmate (07-03-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in