The 12 most relevant teams in college football.... Everything Else Alabama Sucks - Page 15 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 09-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #211
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Sprinkling in some freshmen here and there is one thing. Having your freshmen play the ENTIRE game is a completely different story.

There's always an excuse with you. So this freshman laden team isn't on the verge of collecting hardware?

Poncherello is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Ain't THAT the mofo truth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #212
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
There's always an excuse with you. So this freshman laden team isn't on the verge of collecting hardware?
Probably about as likely as your SENIOR laden basketball team!
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 09-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #213
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Probably about as likely as your SENIOR laden basketball team!
Never claimed that team was any good, that I knew anything about the team, or give a rat's ass how they do.....unlike Louisville football who is on the verge of collecting hardware. That's a pipe dream for you.....never going to happen in your lifetime.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #214
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Never claimed that team was any good, that I knew anything about the team, or give a rat's ass how they do.....unlike Louisville football who is on the verge of collecting hardware. That's a pipe dream for you.....never going to happen in your lifetime.
Uh... you seem to forget that Louisville has had BETTER seasons than ALABAMA has had some years! As a matter of fact, Louisville collected an Orange Bowl championship in 2006, when Alabama was at home (along with YOU), soaking their sorrows at the bottom of a beer can! Even UK went bowling that year? Where was sorry 'Bama? AT HOME!

So just as Howard Schnellenberger has said, Louisville will win a national title in football. It's gonna happen and time is the variable. In the meantime, we will enjoy our OTHER multiple trick ponies while you guys live and die with that one, same ol' trick.

Which might be in jeopardy after that funk you laid this weekend!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #215
OldVetteFan
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)
65 Coupe (Sold) 95 Blk Coupe (Gold Cert - Sold) 2011 Grand Sport

Quote:
Uh... you seem to forget that Louisville has had BETTER seasons than ALABAMA has had some years! As a matter of fact, Louisville collected an Orange Bowl championship in 2006, when Alabama was at home (along with YOU), soaking their sorrows at the bottom of a beer can! Even UK went bowling that year? Where was sorry 'Bama? AT HOME!

So just as Howard Schnellenberger has said, Louisville will win a national title in football. It's gonna happen and time is the variable. In the meantime, we will enjoy our OTHER multiple trick ponies while you guys live and die with that one, same ol' trick.

Which might be in jeopardy after that funk you laid this weekend!
Wow - U of L had a few 'better' seasons in football that happened to correspond with poor seasons in Alabama? That's your comeback?? Really?

I don't even like Alabama, so it's not like I want to defend them, but you sound like a snot nosed kid that's run out of insults so all you can do is talk about your rocking horse. Jeez, AJ - you should be able to do better than this!

This is why U of L was in the Big East and is now in the ACC. You weak sisters don't even know how to properly insult other football teams. If you can't play the game, you should get off the field.

Like basketball or baseball compare to football! Give it a rest!

Steven
OldVetteFan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If energy and enthusiasm were a substitute for experience and expertise, then I could hire my 12 year old to do this job.

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 09-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #216
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldVetteFan View Post
... I don't even like Alabama, so it's not like I want to defend them, but you sound like a snot nosed kid that's run out of insults so all you can do is talk about your rocking horse.
Well I can't tell by how OFTEN you have defended them in this thread alone! Don't worry, you will have plenty of opportunities to defend YOUR team when they lay that eventual egg. Let's see what YOU have for an excuse then!

You one trick pony guys. You remind of a 1-hit wonder from the 80's, Write a new song already!!!
Old 09-23-2015, 09:14 PM   #217
OldVetteFan

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
You one trick pony guys. You remind of a 1-hit wonder from the 80's, Write a new song already!!!
Blah, blah, blah, one, blah, trick, blah, pony, blah, blah, blah...

Here you go again - somebody pull your string, because you only have a limited set of things you can talk about...

Quote:
Well I can't tell by how OFTEN you have defended them in this thread alone! Don't worry, you will have plenty of opportunities to defend YOUR team when they lay that eventual egg. Let's see what YOU have for an excuse then!
Did you know that UGA is 3-0 right now? That's similar to Louisville's record isn't it? Oh wait - your glue factory pony is 0-3, isn't it? Couldn't come back on Auburn, totally confused by that powerful Houston attack, and couldn't play well enough to beat Clemson. Imagine that - that ACC powerhouse is 0-3.

But I know you don't care, because you can always watch reruns of them beating Alabama in nineteen ninety whatever it was. But I bet you don't watch them losing to Georgia!

And if you get bored watching the little league team, then you can always turn to your other Louisville ponies, or should I say rocking horses, since that's what those other things amount to ...

Here's the basketball rocking horse...

And the baseball rocking horse...

Don't forget the water polo rocking horse...

And finally, the soccer rocking horse...

Wait - this just in: They have a rocking horse that incorporates all the rest of their loser sports...

Keep 'trotting' out your U of L "we win stuff in other sports" mantra - there's plenty of life in that little pull string coming out your back.

Just remember that a non football pony to you is just another rocking horse to me - something to keep the children entertained.

Steven
If energy and enthusiasm were a substitute for experience and expertise, then I could hire my 12 year old to do this job.

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 09-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #218
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Hey...

WE WIN IN OTHER STUFF!!!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:35 AM   #219
OldVetteFan

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Hey...

WE WIN IN OTHER STUFF!!!
Sorry, Snotty, you can't compete...

UGA Non-football National Championships: 37
UGA Non-football Conference Championships: 122

Tell me again how many 'Final Four' trips U of L had that finished early...

Second, third, or fourth still means "We didn't win the title."

Steven

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 09-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #220
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

UGA Non-football Conference Championships: 122?

THAT'S ALL YOU GOT? Conference championships in other sports? We're doing conference championships because Lord knows you one trick pony schools haven't done shit else!

Add to that, how far in the hell back did you have to go to amass that record? Like BEFORE the internal combustion engine? HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING LATELY???

How about this little tad bit of info:
  • UofL is the ONLY university to ever win a BCS Bowl game (Sugar Bowl win over Florida), place both its menís and womenís basketball teams in the NCAA Final Four and reach the College World Series in the same academic year. Can Georgia say or even come CLOSE to that? Hell no, not in YOUR lifetime!
  • UofL is widely recognized for its tradition-rich Menís Basketball program, winning three national championships, participating in the NCAA Tournament 40 times (fifth most in the nation) and reaching the Final Four on 10 occasions. Why do I hear crickets Georgia?
  • Louisville was the only Division I school in the nation in 2013-14 with at least 10 football victories, 30 wins in menís and womenís basketball, and 50 wins in baseball. A total of 20 of the Cardinalsí 23 teams in 2013-14 sent representatives to NCAA Championships (inclusive of a football bowl), including 10 womenís sports and 10 menís sports programs.
  • Ten UofL athletics teams finished their seasons ranked among the nationís top 25 in 2013-14 (five men, five women). Louisville was the only school in the nation with its football and menís and womenís basketball teams all ranked among the nationís AP Top 15 (nationally ranked teams: 4 Womenís Basketball, 5 Menís Basketball, 11 Womenís Lacrosse, 13 Baseball, 13 Womenís Swimming/Diving, 14 Field Hockey, 14 Menís Soccer, 14 Menís Swimming/Diving, 15 Football, 18 Rowing).
  • Louisville is the only university in the nation over the last seven years (2007-14) to have participated in multiple BCS bowl games, Menís College World Series, and menís and womenís Final Fours. Louisville was national runner up in the 2009 and 2013 Womenís Final Four, won the 2007 Orange Bowl and 2013 Sugar Bowl, participated in the 2012 Menís Final Four and won the 2013 NCAA Championship, and reached the College World Series in 2007, 2013 and 2014. In addition, UofLís menís soccer team was the national runner-up in the 2010 Menís Soccer College Cup and reached the Elite Eight in 2012.
  • Since 2000 Louisville is the only NCAA team to win a BCS bowl game; to appear in the Men's basketball Final Four Finals, the College Baseball World Series, and the women's basketball Final Four; and to finish as runner-up in the Men's soccer College Cup.

So tell me again about your CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS! You had to go back to 1785 to get that total!

You want to know how RELEVANT in MODERN times Louisville is? See if Georgia can get CLOSE to this:

20 of 23 Reach NCAA Postseason

20 of Louisville's 23 sports programs saw NCAA postseason action in 2013-2014 with no team finishing below fifth in the conference standings. Four teams reached at least the NCAA Sweet Sixteen in its respective tournament field.

20 Ponies!

Over 200 Wins Again:

Louisville led the nation in wins among the ten combined sports of football, volleyball, field hockey, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's soccer, women's soccer, women's lacrosse, baseball, and softball. Those ten sports combined for 239 wins in 2013-14 overall, more than Stanford (214) and North Carolina (206). This was the third straight season Louisville's teams had totaled more than 200 wins.

That's 10 DIFFERENT sports, NOT just ONE pony, 10!

Louisville has won at least seven conference championships in each of the last five years (since 2009-10). Since 2006, the Louisville Cardinals have collected 70 league titles, averaging more than eight conference championships every year. That's the last FIVE years. Now the 1700's! That's RECENT history. Does Georgia have any RECENT success like that???

A Record-breaking Decade

Over the last seven years, Louisville is the only school in the nation to reach:
* Men's Basketball NCAA National Championship (2013)
* Men's Basketball NCAA Final Four (2012, 2013)
* Women's Basketball NCAA Final Four (2009, 2013)
* BCS Bowl Games (2007 Orange, 2013 Sugar)
* NCAA Men's College World Series (2007, 2013, 2014)
* NCAA Men's Soccer College Cup (2010)

This happened in the LAST 10 YEARS. Georgia can't even sniff our jock strap with this level of success and it ain't slowing down. Do you REALLY want to bring up conference championships in other sports? Louisville will make Georgia look like a has been!

I swear, you guys sure are proud of that ONE PONY you have. If you ever get good enough to raise TWO ponies, come back and talk to me. Until then, just realize that your pony's days in the sunshine are limited and in 2.5 months, NOBODY will see or here from it until 9 MONTHS LATER!

Face it, Georgia's athletic program ain't remotely close to being as successful as Louisville, especially AFTER the Corvette was first rolled off the assembly line!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #221
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

You post up all that nonsense to demonstrate Louisville is a better sports program? You bitch about going back to 1785 to find a conference championship while your garbage talks about teams finishing 5th in their conference? Steven was right.....you're nothing but a snot nosed kid. By your logic we shouldn't have to listen to you for the next 2.5 months since your football team is horrible.....maybe they'll get to post a highlight on the University Athletic page about finishing 5th this year.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:47 AM   #222
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Are you upset that Alabama's sports program is in the same boat as Georgia's? Face it ONE TRICK PONY GUYS, your athletic department SUCK overall! You can't COMPARE to Louisville, ESPECIALLY RECENTLY! You have one thing to get happy about and since the REST of your programs SUCK, you claim that you don't follow those sports! BAWAWAWAWAWA!

My God, at least UK fans admit that they are passionate about THEIR other sports, no matter how bad they are. Are they actual FANS compared to the rest of the SEC bandwagon scrubs? Maybe that's the case. At least I follow the team I grew up with and have lived around most of my life. But wait, maybe I should become a UCLA basketball fan because they have the most championships in NCAA basketball. Yea, that would be convenient! I could be like you SEC homers!
Old 09-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #223
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Hey dumbo, as has already been explained to you and not surprisingly ignored or forgotten, I have followed Alabama since the late 1980's when my brother went there....who by the way was an NCAA National Champion there.

I don't care where you grew up, went to school, or live near now....the bottom line remains the same as it has been, Louisville is not a relevant college football program. It is a program mired in long periods of mediocrity interspersed with flashes of brilliance that are quickly extinguished by poor coaching, poor on field play, and poor long term recruiting. Their battle cry is the ever famous "wait till next year"..... but next year never comes which is why its fan base is forced to live on 24 year old single game highlights while proclaiming "remember when" as if that adds some relevance to an irrelevant program.

Now if you'd like to tell us all about the other ponies they have go ahead and start another thread about it, one that I won't be in because as I have stated several times I don't follow other college sports, period. I don't care if Louisville's basketball team goes 1000-0 over the next 200 years and wins every National Title....I don't watch college basketball. I don't care if Louisville athletics is valued at $600 trillion, I don't care if they rent a small arena from the city to play their games in, I don't care if they can't fill their football stadium every week, I don't care that you pose for pictures with seemingly irrelevant athletic directors and women who couldn't pick you out of line up 10 minutes after you leave, I don't care that more often than not the Kentucky basketball team beats your team like a drum, and I sure as shit don't care about how many "also ran" banners hang in the rafters at your school.

All that maters to me is how many football national titles the school I follow and root for wins, that's it. If they don't win the title it's not a good year. I don't cry if they lose, I don't get angry if they lose, and don't lose sleep if they lose. You want to be relevant in college football? Win a title....hell I'll even applaud a conference title for them. Until then I will bestow upon you the image only used for one other here....the great Ebonix

Old 09-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #224
OldVetteFan

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah...

I'll do ANYTHING to NOT have to talk about college football...

blah, blah, blah...

Perhaps if I talk about NON-FOOTBALL 'athletics', no one will notice that my college football team is...
University of Loserville: 0 - 3

University of Georgia: 3 - 0

When your loser team manages to win a game, why don't you come back here and brag about that? Until then, you can keep playing on your rocking horse and dreaming that one day Loserville will be relevant in college football (other than being a team that ACC teams beat).

When do your kids play Florida State? Bet you'll be busy when that game's played, or maybe you can find some other bored U of L alumni to sit around and take pictures with - because NONE of you will be wanting to watch your loser team do the one thing they seem good at this year ... losing.

At least they're consistent!

Steven

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 09-24-2015, 12:45 PM   #225
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
...hell I'll even applaud a conference title for them.
Well, start applauding son! Make sure you do it loudly... you're quite a distance from me and even further from Alabama. Unlike you one trick pony guys, I'm not going to go back to before the Titanic sunk, I'm going to stay in THIS century.

2000: Conference USA
2001: Conference USA
2004: Conference USA
2006: Big East Conference
2011: Big East Conference
2012: Big East Conference

Now I could list our OTHER sports but you are only allotted so many words per post and I don't want to be a post whore. And as for you not getting mad when 'Bama loses...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in