VetteW / V8 Super Beetle - Page 28 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Other Cars, Trucks & Cool Rides
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Other Cars, Trucks & Cool Rides Transportation other than Corvettes...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 10-24-2019, 08:30 PM   #406
victoryredSS
DC Crew

Member #55168

I know this is resurrecting a very dead thread BUT does anyone know what happened to the OR poster?

The last this poster posted was after his car was running and then everything went silent. I hate to think that things went horribly wrong when he was driving his V8 Bug. That is a very short wheelbase for that kind of HP. I know a guy now who just finished a V8 Gremlin with nitrous and he scared himself so bad driving it naturally aspirated that he doesn't see himself ever turning on the nitrous.

I would really like to hear the OP is alive and well and life just took him in some other direction.

OP, if you are out there, please update this thread for us.

Thanks.
victoryredSS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
**Coming Soon** 05 Victory Red Cobalt SS, LSX Bowtie block, 427 CID, Wilson LS7 billet intake manifold, Brodix BP BR 7 BS 300 Heads, Crower rocker arms, Diamond pistons, Callies crankshaft and rods, Vortech V7 YSi-B, Holley Dominator EFI, RWD conversion, Rossler Terminator 6 Power glide, Ford 9", Strange suspension, SSBC brakes
Expectations *1,000+RWHP*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #407
1963SS
DC Crew

Member #96709

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

He got it finished, tried to power brake it and the engine stood still and the car turned over. He's still rolling somewhere.
1963SS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If smoking marijuana causes short term memory loss

What does smoking marijuana do?
Old 10-25-2019, 10:05 PM   #408
victoryredSS
DC Crew

Member #55168

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
He got it finished, tried to power brake it and the engine stood still and the car turned over. He's still rolling somewhere.
Thank you, I appreciate the update.
**Coming Soon** 05 Victory Red Cobalt SS, LSX Bowtie block, 427 CID, Wilson LS7 billet intake manifold, Brodix BP BR 7 BS 300 Heads, Crower rocker arms, Diamond pistons, Callies crankshaft and rods, Vortech V7 YSi-B, Holley Dominator EFI, RWD conversion, Rossler Terminator 6 Power glide, Ford 9", Strange suspension, SSBC brakes

Old 12-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #409
V8SuperBug
DC Crew

Member #78052

My Corvette(s)
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
LOL! I did "finish" the car. Took it to a few shows. It was more of a trailer "queen". It was good for short drives. I battled it overheating the whole time...

Some life changes came up. Got divorced and have 3 kiddos, sooo long story short child support isn't cheap. lol

I ended up selling the car because I constantly battled it overheating. Since I've sold it, it's been in about 5 other peoples hands since about 2013. No one has been able to keep it running cool.

I ended up doing some other projects. A stock VW beetle that I drove a lot, and a hotrod El Camino project. It nice having projects I could actually drive 50 miles to the track, have some fun, and drive home.

Next project I'm working on will be a VW beetle with a diet, and a super sport bike engine. Either a ZX-14R or a liter bike engine.

I hope everyone's projects are going well and just wanted to chime in and let you know I'm alive and well. Been highly focused on my screen printing business.
V8SuperBug is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If it ain't one thing, it's another".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V8SuperBug For This Useful Post:
KennyGS (01-20-2020), victoryredSS (12-07-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #410
V8SuperBug
DC Crew

Member #78052

My Corvette(s)
none

Since this is an OT thread, I figure it would be okay to post a couple links to what has been taking up most of my time these days.

YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Q..._as=subscriber

My business...
https://www.mikeydesigns.com

I've gotten some pretty cool sponsors over the past couple years and the YouTube channel has been quite the creative outlet.

This coming year I may vlog the motorcycle powered bug project, or do something with music again. I have been playing guitar / singing for about 25 years now. I haven't been on stage in well over year and that's another passion of mine. Things are just going well with the business and don't want to shift too much away from it until I have enough employees so that the business runs itself.
V8SuperBug is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If it ain't one thing, it's another".
Old 12-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #411
victoryredSS
DC Crew

Member #55168

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8SuperBug View Post
LOL! I did "finish" the car. Took it to a few shows. It was more of a trailer "queen". It was good for short drives. I battled it overheating the whole time...

Some life changes came up. Got divorced and have 3 kiddos, sooo long story short child support isn't cheap. lol

I ended up selling the car because I constantly battled it overheating. Since I've sold it, it's been in about 5 other peoples hands since about 2013. No one has been able to keep it running cool.

I ended up doing some other projects. A stock VW beetle that I drove a lot, and a hotrod El Camino project. It nice having projects I could actually drive 50 miles to the track, have some fun, and drive home.

Next project I'm working on will be a VW beetle with a diet, and a super sport bike engine. Either a ZX-14R or a liter bike engine.

I hope everyone's projects are going well and just wanted to chime in and let you know I'm alive and well. Been highly focused on my screen printing business.
Thanks for the update, sorry to here the V8 was always running hot.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce next.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:23 PM   #412
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8SuperBug View Post

Thanks for the update. I did enjoy following along on this build.
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in