What are the feelings of COW and Chuck there? - Page 13 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - General Discussion
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C5 Corvette - General Discussion General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #181
fkumro
DC Crew

Member #33683

My Corvette(s)
2002 Blk C5 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choreo View Post
I have heard several people complain now about COW after they took their car in for modding. I don't trust ANYBODY where I have to leave my car, I have had too many bad experiences with that in the past with several"performance" shops.

One thing I have not seen posted (unless I have missed it) is regarding the safety of COW Mail Order Tunes? I have heard complaints of how he "locked" some tunes and I can see why that would PO somebody, but has anyone experienced any "damage" from one of his mail order tunes?

Taking a car in for hands-on service is always risky, but according to all the posts I have seen so far (other than regarding the"locking" issue), I have not heard anything but positive responses regarding the somewhat boilerplate mail order tunes?

Have I missed something?

I got one of his mail order tunes last December - no problem evident so far? I have called another prominent tuner and asked about having them check the tune. They said they would be happy to check it (for standard fee), but they also said that as far as they know, they felt like I was safe with one of COWs Mail Order Tunes. They said they were aware of his problems with several cars he had touched, but had nothing but praise for his Mail Order Tunes?
Unless you throw your car on a dyno, or have someone street tune it with a wideband O2 sensor [or at least log it] you will never know. Personally I would, just based on other experiences fellow Corvette owners have had with COW
fkumro is offline   Quick reply to this message
2002 Black C5 Z06
AI 243, SNL v4, XS Power headers, too many supporting mods to list, and a little
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #182
TheAngryTitt
DC Crew

Member #67234

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteW View Post
I have also noticed that most of the people going after Chuck are fans of Vette Doctors. Why is that? Maybe it is because they do that great a work. Maybe it is another reason.
think youre onto some sort of conspiracy theory? did chucky tell you how he is the "real vette doctor"... must be the cause for hostility, they're pissed hes trying to use that name..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteW View Post
The nicest thing about Chuck, was he called me after he was paid, after I said I was happy.He wanted to check if I made it home OK and how everything was working. How many guys do that! I was really shocked by this. He said to drive it for a while and see if there are any issues and he would take car of them. Again, who else does that?! This guy really stood up to the plate as far as I am concerned. I will keep everyone updated as I drive the car more. I am very happy so far. Hopefully the rain goes away.
youre very happy it took over a month to make those repairs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteW
It still needs a little tuning on the idle low speed stuff due to a vacuum leak that was found (my fault not his) but it is very drivable and a beast when you you let her rip.
so over a month in his shop, he couldnt find the vacuum leak and you left with a shitty tune? on top of that he had to call to confirm the car didnt blowup on the way home?

youre starting to sound like a battered wife.. "it wasnt his fault, the pasta I cooked that night was horrible, I deserved to get beat". or in your case.. "its not his fault my car has a vacuum leak which he cant fix"...
TheAngryTitt is offline   Quick reply to this message
El es Seis
Old 10-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #183
JTWard
DC Crew

Member #70862

My Corvette(s)
2003 50th AE

Thumbs down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRUSH View Post
Did you know what the mileage was on your car when you dropped it off?
They must be driving it for the trans to go bad.
The longer you leave your car there I worse it will get, there's plenty proof of that.
Get it out of there asap, get a quote for the repairs and go to small claims court.
COW is a hack and these type of stories are popping up on the correct forums now, because CF deletes any wrong doings by COW.

Corvette Forum is where you first discovered COW right?
Well they have saying "A single picture is worth a thousand words" That sure is true. But the folks over at CF believe he walks on water. They praise his work as if god himself had done the work, so that throws a monkey wrench at me. But I WAS thinking about having a turn done, But you should as hell can believe if it gets done, Damn sure it's not going be done by him. So I only state this at the end of this thread to manage to tell you you have succeed in diverting my business from him. I really feel sorry for all the folks who got their motors distroyed by this mechanic.
JTWard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in