Dont bring your car to Race Proven Motorsports in Delaware if you love your car. - Page 6 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - General Discussion
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C5 Corvette - General Discussion General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #76
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Dave brought in his 2006 GTO for us to install a used 10,000 mile LS2 we had removed from a customer’s 2006 Corvette. His GTO had the stock LS2 with a Magnuson supercharger. Dave had stated some shop had changed the oil and did not put enough oil back in and/or installed the incorrect oil filter. When the vehicle was towed down to have the swap performed, the vehicle did not run well at all. We assumed it was due to the faulty engine. It was driven off the tow truck and into the shop where it wasn’t started again. We spoke to the shop that changed the oil and stated what we found when we drained the old oil. There was noticeable signs of bearing material in the oil and it was our opinion that lack of oil and/or oil pressure was the likely cause. We removed the complete engine out of the vehicle and the only thing that was swapped over was the oil pan. After re-installing the engine, we flashed the ECU back to stock. At this time, the remote would not recognize the ignition. After purchasing two remotes and trying to sync both, the vehicle would still not start. We paid to have the vehicle towed to and from to the GM dealership and paid to have the 3 remotes synced the vehicle. They determined there was an issue with the BCM control module and had to erase everything in order to re-sync the remotes to the PIM control module. We paid for the all of the dealership repairs. We got the vehicle back from the dealership and installed the Lingenfelter 58x to 24x conversion box. The 2006 Corvettes have a 58x crankshaft and the 2006 GTO’s have a 24x crankshaft. We did not charge Dave for this part or installation. For anyone who has one, they are plug and play with no cutting or soldering needed. After this was installed, the vehicle started, but did not run very well. In fact, it ran the same way it did when it originally came in. We chalked it up the first time to being a faulty motor. We were not told to perform or check over anything with the old set-up. Dave was going to sell the Magnuson and not re-install it on his GTO. We began diagnosing and found the wiring harness under the dash melted and deteriorated in multiple places. Someone had wired 4 aftermarket gauges, as well as the Boost-A-Pump for the Magnuson supercharger to ONE power source and ONE ground source. So there was 5 items all drawing power from the same source. At this point, we determined that it was not the fault of Race Proven Motorsports for damaged wiring harness, but the fault of whoever installed the gauges and the Boost-A-Pump. After emailing Dave multiple pictures of the damaged wiring harness, he requested that we tow the vehicle back to his residence (which we covered the first 100 miles of tow free of charge) We have always stood behind our work and go above and beyond for our customers. This was an unusual case where the customer brought us a vehicle that had two separate issues with neither being related. We did not have to “cut” or “splice” any wiring in when swapping over the engines.

I knew something was bothering me. So I went back and read this again. The part in red is the thing that bothers me.

When I make repairs and crank the car up and it has the same fault. I have made a mistake.
The Dude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #77
87vette81big
Account Disabled.

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Yeah C5, its going nowhere.
The car has to go a mechanic with skills like mine.
Splice in and fabricate the harness required.
Car is a piece of shit now.
Scrap value. Save the Vette engine mainly.
If an auto trans the special 4L65E 5- pinion planetary gearsets trans. Good for 900 HP built right. That 6- speed you can have. Gear spreads suck for drag racing. Junk to me. So is that IRS rear.
87vette81big is offline   Quick reply to this message
Rebellion to Tyrants (Muslims) is Loyalty to God.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #78
ddregehr
DC Crew

Member #30032

My Corvette(s)
50th Anniversary Corvette Convertible (sold); 2002 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
Yeah C5, its going nowhere.
The car has to go a mechanic with skills like mine.
Splice in and fabricate the harness required.
Car is a piece of shit now.
Scrap value. Save the Vette engine mainly.
If an auto trans the special 4L65E 5- pinion planetary gearsets trans. Good for 900 HP built right. That 6- speed you can have. Gear spreads suck for drag racing. Junk to me. So is that IRS rear.
Are you drunk or are you always this punchy? You talk a good game, but I find that people are much bolder on the Internet than in person. Cool the jets and lower your bravo.
ddregehr is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #79
assassinx1
DC Crew

Member #29282

My Corvette(s)
1998 c5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Dude View Post
Dave brought in his 2006 GTO for us to install a used 10,000 mile LS2 we had removed from a customer’s 2006 Corvette. His GTO had the stock LS2 with a Magnuson supercharger. Dave had stated some shop had changed the oil and did not put enough oil back in and/or installed the incorrect oil filter. When the vehicle was towed down to have the swap performed, the vehicle did not run well at all. We assumed it was due to the faulty engine. It was driven off the tow truck and into the shop where it wasn’t started again. We spoke to the shop that changed the oil and stated what we found when we drained the old oil. There was noticeable signs of bearing material in the oil and it was our opinion that lack of oil and/or oil pressure was the likely cause. We removed the complete engine out of the vehicle and the only thing that was swapped over was the oil pan. After re-installing the engine, we flashed the ECU back to stock. At this time, the remote would not recognize the ignition. After purchasing two remotes and trying to sync both, the vehicle would still not start. We paid to have the vehicle towed to and from to the GM dealership and paid to have the 3 remotes synced the vehicle. They determined there was an issue with the BCM control module and had to erase everything in order to re-sync the remotes to the PIM control module. We paid for the all of the dealership repairs. We got the vehicle back from the dealership and installed the Lingenfelter 58x to 24x conversion box. The 2006 Corvettes have a 58x crankshaft and the 2006 GTO’s have a 24x crankshaft. We did not charge Dave for this part or installation. For anyone who has one, they are plug and play with no cutting or soldering needed. After this was installed, the vehicle started, but did not run very well. In fact, it ran the same way it did when it originally came in. We chalked it up the first time to being a faulty motor. We were not told to perform or check over anything with the old set-up. Dave was going to sell the Magnuson and not re-install it on his GTO. We began diagnosing and found the wiring harness under the dash melted and deteriorated in multiple places. Someone had wired 4 aftermarket gauges, as well as the Boost-A-Pump for the Magnuson supercharger to ONE power source and ONE ground source. So there was 5 items all drawing power from the same source. At this point, we determined that it was not the fault of Race Proven Motorsports for damaged wiring harness, but the fault of whoever installed the gauges and the Boost-A-Pump. After emailing Dave multiple pictures of the damaged wiring harness, he requested that we tow the vehicle back to his residence (which we covered the first 100 miles of tow free of charge) We have always stood behind our work and go above and beyond for our customers. This was an unusual case where the customer brought us a vehicle that had two separate issues with neither being related. We did not have to “cut” or “splice” any wiring in when swapping over the engines.

I knew something was bothering me. So I went back and read this again. The part in red is the thing that bothers me.

When I make repairs and crank the car up and it has the same fault. I have made a mistake.
The car ran when it was given to them it had to be pushed into my driveway and into my garage because the damage is so bad. The car needs to have the gas pedal pressed all the way down just to idle. And while it idles it seams to only run on 4 cylinders its terrible. The car drove before I gave it to them. In fact fran stated he drove the car into the shop. their shop is well over 200 feet long if the car ran this bad when they recieved it they never would have been able to make it where they performed the engine swap. Any forums members are welcome to stop over and look at the carnage. The car has not been touch since race proven motorsports messed up the harness.
assassinx1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #80
ddregehr
DC Crew

Member #30032

My Corvette(s)
50th Anniversary Corvette Convertible (sold); 2002 Corvette Convertible

Quote:

A faulty harness that you just plug and play and don't expect damage to would be the last thing you notice until the engine is in if the owner already bought a new (used) engine to swap out. Once the different engine is in and not working right, then the troubleshooting begins. Faulty harness is discovered and brought to owners attention. This is Service Manager 101. The issue is the faulty harness. If the shop doesn't need to touch it to install engine and has a great previous record (which is does) then why is it automatically the shops fault? Bubba installed the gauges not the shop installing the engine. Bubba had other stuff install previously and bubba ain't bright enough to make sure the oil is changed right in the first place to cause the problem in the first place.

If the first shop didn't put enough oil in, you check the oil yourself and top it off. Bubba isn't bright enough to even look under the hood to do that, so how would he know who did what? And then he drove it with little to no oil in it after it was making noise???????

You can chew on RPM all you want, but their reputation is spotless until this saga and Assassin isn't showing us how bright he is.
ddregehr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #81
assassinx1
DC Crew

Member #29282

My Corvette(s)
1998 c5

Quote:

Assasin? Did you just get fed up or lose faith?

Did you try to come to an agreement with the shop?
Both every couple of days Bill he owner either called me or emailed me blaming different components in the car for the reason of the no start. They told me anything from a bad bcm bad key fobs , bad ecm , the crank is wrong in the engine they sold me. Bill even blamed the o2 sensors for the cause. I got to the point were I just needed my car out of there. It was like Negotiaing a hostage situation.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #82
assassinx1
DC Crew

Member #29282

My Corvette(s)
1998 c5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frans96ss View Post
If it was up to me it wouldnt have left like that. He did not want us to fix anything and wanted it towed back to his house... So we paid for the tow back to his house.
Bill and Fran did not pay for the tow they used Bills 100 miles free from triple A and I paid the rest it cost me another couple hundred bucks to get the car back. And yes I have a receipt.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #83
assassinx1
DC Crew

Member #29282

My Corvette(s)
1998 c5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddregehr View Post
A faulty harness that you just plug and play and don't expect damage to would be the last thing you notice until the engine is in if the owner already bought a new (used) engine to swap out. Once the different engine is in and not working right, then the troubleshooting begins. Faulty harness is discovered and brought to owners attention. This is Service Manager 101. The issue is the faulty harness. If the shop doesn't need to touch it to install engine and has a great previous record (which is does) then why is it automatically the shops fault? Bubba installed the gauges not the shop installing the engine. Bubba had other stuff install previously and bubba ain't bright enough to make sure the oil is changed right in the first place to cause the problem in the first place.

If the first shop didn't put enough oil in, you check the oil yourself and top it off. Bubba isn't bright enough to even look under the hood to do that, so how would he know who did what? And then he drove it with little to no oil in it after it was making noise???????

You can chew on RPM all you want, but their reputation is spotless until this saga and Assassin isn't showing us how bright he is.

And for the record the 2006 Gto has no oil pressure gauge. So you can have low oil and drive away not knowing. The problem with the oil change place was leaving my damn filter loose and while I was driving the oil went low and the engine started tapping. That's not hear not their. That's another matter I have to deal with. Like I said my collector car insurance will not cover an engine unless its damaged in collision or fire. I'm sure the guys who have 50s-70s vetted would know more in the collector Inurance department. And yes a 2006 Gto and a corvette are concidered collectors vehicles in nj no matter what year.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #84
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Quote:

I am not "chewing" on anybody. If it seems that way, I am sorry for that. I only question.

It appears to me that again this is an issue of he said she said and again nothing here will decide anything.

I value the response and the fact that there was one from the shop. That shows some moxy as well.

As you said, they otherwise have a great reputation and I think that will stand even with this one disagreement.

You refer to them at the end as RPM. Is the same shop known as RPM transmission?
The Dude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #85
lsejlowe
DC Pit Crew

Member #6680

My Corvette(s)
black '69 350/350 4spd

Quote:
It appears to me that again this is an issue of he said she said and again nothing here will decide anything.
welcome to the wide world of forum debates
lsejlowe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Optimists think the glass is half full.
Pessimists think the glass is half empty.
Engineers realize it's twice as big as it needs to be.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #86
assassinx1
DC Crew

Member #29282

My Corvette(s)
1998 c5

Quote:
I am not "chewing" on anybody. If it seems that way, I am sorry for that. I only question.

I value the response and the fact that there was one from the shop. That shows some moxy as well.

As you said, they otherwise have a great reputation and I think that will stand even with this one disagreement.

You refer to them at the end as RPM. Is the same shop known as RPM transmission?
From what I've found on the Internet rpm and race proven motorsports in Delaware are two different companies. Also I have searched a few times for race proven motor sports reviews. Mine is not the first big problem. There are various issues on different forums (corvette, gtos, camaros etc) of engines or other things that have been messed up. And again thats not hear nor there. The bottom line is I gave them a running car I got back a chared mess that's undrivable. And months of stress. My mistake for calling them RPM I no nothing about the other company.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #87
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote:
Are you drunk or are you always this punchy? You talk a good game, but I find that people are much bolder on the Internet than in person. Cool the jets and lower your bravo.
In case you haven't noticed yet, Brian operates at WOT all the time. That's his signature, be it cars or thrashing Obama. I wouldn't doubt anything he says.
Junkman2008 is offline   Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 01-15-2014, 06:35 AM   #88
87vette81big
Account Disabled.

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
In case you haven't noticed yet, Brian operates at WOT all the time. That's his signature, be it cars or thrashing Obama. I wouldn't doubt anything he says.
We are going to build You a Stroker LS Engine someday Junk.
Fill it with Silver Lightning.
Titanium 6AL4V.
You haven't met the Chi Town Hitman Drag Racing Club yet.
The Brothers. Black too.
They will like a Krazy like You.
We get along fine.
Build you a 9- second ride on pump gas.
Spank all Jackoffs street racing yourseff then.
If your broke. Go racing. Take thier cash $, then they are broke instead of you.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #89
87vette81big
Account Disabled.

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinx1 View Post
From what I've found on the Internet rpm and race proven motorsports in Delaware are two different companies. Also I have searched a few times for race proven motor sports reviews. Mine is not the first big problem. There are various issues on different forums (corvette, gtos, camaros etc) of engines or other things that have been messed up. And again thats not hear nor there. The bottom line is I gave them a running car I got back a chared mess that's undrivable. And months of stress. My mistake for calling them RPM I no nothing about the other company.
If you can get your GTO To junks garage in Kentucky, I will look at & repair Myself. Junk will supervise all.
I am fair on labor.
Would prefer to repair the engine & main harness instead of replacing all.
Need a Daul axle car trailer & good strong fullsize pickup.
Your just too far away for me to come with my K1500 Suburban & 7,000# rated Dual axle open car trailer.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #90
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
If you can get your GTO To junks garage in Kentucky, I will look at & repair Myself. Junk will supervise all.
Bring women. I don't accept Visa, Master Card or American Express.
Junkman2008 is offline   Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in