Global Warming...scam or reality??? - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #16
the machine
Account Disabled.

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

I Just love that this entire post is based on the report of a weatherman. He is paid to be wrong more than 50% of the time. Thats who you are gonna hang your hat on about an issue as serious as global warming.

The original poster even says that our hobby is being affected by the attempts to stop GW....I must ask...How? The only thing affecting our hobby today is the rediculasly high price of gas. The people to blame for that are not the tree huggers but the oil speculators and our president who has caused our dollar to be the new mexican peso.

If you seriously consider all that you throw out or the amount of pollution that you alone create in one year then spread that out to ten years then to your entire lifetime, then multiply that times the billions of people on the planet, you may start to understand how much we influence the world.

To be sure there are things beyond our control, such as volcanos and asteriods, and even forest fires. But those events help us see what we are heading for from our contributions to the changing chemical make up of our atmosphere. Scientists have seen the correlation of higher C02 released by natural causes and the changes to Global temperatures. That is what gives rise to the concerns of the scientific community.

Some here say that man has existed on this planet for millions of years so how can we now be influencing the planet. The answere lies in two facts. 1st, man has only recently become capable of causing the type of problems we face today since it was only 150 years ago that we started burning fossil oil and entered the industrial age. 2nd the world population has exploded in the last 150 years. The combination of those 2 things has made man capable of vast changes to the planet. Who would have ever thought, 200 years ago, that man could catch so many fish from the sea that fish populations would become endangered, but today with huge fishing fleets and huge populations looking to buy their catch, we are truly in danger of loosing hundreds of fish species. Who would have thought that we could turn the vast grasslands of the midwest into a dust bowl. who would have thought that we could cut down 98% of our old grouth forrests, when there were so many millions of acres.

As others here have pointed out there is no need to ruin our economy by working to stop GW. There are markets to take advantage of, and thats what as americans we have always done in the past. We should stand up and lead the way into a cleaner energy future rather than hide our heads in the sand and say it isn't so.

The taxes and fees that pay to curb our taste for old energy do not go into the pockets of politicians or research scientists, they go to the people who invest in these future technologies. The ones who are taking the risks. They go to companies that invest in making solar power or wind turbines or fuels out of C02 absorbing algea.

The posters boss seems to know what he is doing, it is sad that the poster who depends on the inteligence of his employer for his living doubts his business sense as he continues to accept the fruits of this obviously more successfull person. I hope that the posters boss doesn't catch wind of the backwards attitude that the poster has. I for one wouldn't want someone so ignorant on my team.
the machine is offline   Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
vfpreacher111
DC Crew

Member #61087

My Corvette(s)
69 stingray

Man has also helped in ways that do not get the same attention as the inherent mindless following of those that see man as the culprit standing in the way of utopia. Left unchecked the forests fires would burn, pollute and blacken the air causing temperatures to plummet worldwide while ushering in yet another ice age killing animal and plant alike. There are more trees in the forest then ever in the history of the planet, that are sustaining more animal life then any other time in the planets history. We have entire plants made to do nothing but breed fish to replenish our waters. All the housing we have built has kept overgrowth of forestry in check. The grass we tend to so meticulously, adds an abundance of oxygen to the planet. Disease is kept in check because of our being. Clearing of debris in our waterways and the redirection of water ways has brought nourishment to water starved lands that would not have been able to sustain life if we had not. For every action... there is an opposite....

The treehugger's only focus on the perceived harms... when there is abundant evidence to the contrary.

vfpreacher111 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Former Democrat Elbert Guillory:
At the heart of liberalism is the idea that only a great and powerful big government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans. But the left is only concerned with one thing ó control. And they disguise this control as charity. Programs such as welfare, food stamps, these programs arenít designed to lift black Americans out of poverty, they were always intended as a mechanism for politicians to control the black community
Old 07-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #18
69MyWay
DC Crew

Member #2007

My Corvette(s)
Vetteless in the Midwest...at least for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
The posters boss seems to know what he is doing, it is sad that the poster who depends on the inteligence of his employer for his living doubts his business sense as he continues to accept the fruits of this obviously more successfull person. I hope that the posters boss doesn't catch wind of the backwards attitude that the poster has. I for one wouldn't want someone so ignorant on my team.

69MyWay is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #19
Z0607
Account Disabled.

Member #64823

Flip-Flop in 2 1/2 Hours

At 11:33 am, you claim that mankind cannot affect naturally occurring events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfpreacher View Post
We can no more effect (sic), stop or slow global temperature fluctuations, then we can effect control over volcano's (sic), hurricane's (sic) or any other naturally occurring event.

Then, at 2:06 pm, when it suits your agenda, you claim that mankind can affect natural events--example, stopping an ice age.

Quote:
Man has also helped in ways that do not get the same attention as the inherent mindless following of those that see man as the culprit standing in the way of utopia. Left unchecked the forests fires would burn, pollute and blacken the air causing temperatures to plummet worldwide while ushering in yet another ice age killing animal and plant alike.

So, do you believe you? Or you? Which is it?

Perhaps it would be advisable to stop calling others mindless until you make up your mind as to whether man can affect natural events (such as global temperature) or not!
Z0607 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #20
vfpreacher111
DC Crew

Member #61087

My Corvette(s)
69 stingray

Read a little closer.... "mindless following" not "they are mindless". Catch up !!!

We are not doing anything but putting out forests that are on fire.... that's it.
If all the forest's were on fire we could do something about it.... that's it. That would not be man made. That would be a cataclysmic event... again... not man made. We have no control over it.

I'll reiterate:

Quote:
The treehugger's only focus on the perceived harms... when there is abundant evidence to the contrary.
How about some thoughts of your own.... on the subject.

At the heart of liberalism is the idea that only a great and powerful big government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans. But the left is only concerned with one thing ó control. And they disguise this control as charity. Programs such as welfare, food stamps, these programs arenít designed to lift black Americans out of poverty, they were always intended as a mechanism for politicians to control the black community
Old 07-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #21
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

HOAX.

New Ice-age, Ozone Hole, Black Mold.... all the same.

Vette_Newb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #22
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Quote:
That would be a cataclysmic event... again... not man made. We have no control over it.
The scientists contend that man's continual leak of carbon emissions and pollutants IS a cataclysmic event. On a global time scale, changes are happenning crazy fast! On a human's generation by generation time scale, it is barely perceptible.

They claim we have done in 100 years what the planet/sun/farting dinosaurs took a thousand. This could be bad. That is why they are freaking out.

Better safe than sorry. If we can turn GW into a technology problem (actually, politically, or otherwise) we can win the economic game that ANY solution will become. Big $$ opportunity for any business that gets on board.
Tsavo85 is offline   Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 07-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #23
vfpreacher111
DC Crew

Member #61087

My Corvette(s)
69 stingray

With a little commonsense and self control from the knee jerk "reaction-ists" I'm right there with you brother. Here's a little idea for you entrepreneur's.
I've been doing a little "looky-loo" into soy based insulation. There are only a few companies doing this nation wide. The tax credits and federal grant money for start up and to the home owner... is crazy. I'm about to step on to the crazy train. Territories will be carved out as there are few distributors of the product. Check into it.

Last edited by vfpreacher111; 07-04-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #24
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

I am not a fan of mandates, per se.

I prefer we do it the old fashioned way: Competition.

Examples:
First company to develop a battery the size of a garbage can that can store enough electricity to power 1,000 homes for 24 hours without melting, wins $1bil.

First company to develop photovoltaic paint for automotive/home use gets $1bil.

First car company to develop an SUV with 5 Star crash ratings that gets 100mpg gets $1bil.

Make your home/building energy independent via solar cells or win power and pay only 50% property taxes for life and all sales of electricity to power company is non-taxable.

AKA Show me the money and I'll get you results! Take my money and demand results and I'll vote your as out!
Tsavo85 is offline   Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 07-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #25
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Quote:
We can no more effect, stop or slow global temperature fluctuations, then we can effect control over volcano's, hurricane's or any other naturally occurring event.
So you're an expert scientist in ecology?

BTW - it's fairly easy to spark a volcanic eruption. Just as it's easy to make it rain. It just takes a carefully placed explosive to do it.

I'll trust the scientists that actually have a clue what's going on over anything I read from some self-made scientist at home playing armchair quarterback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo85 View Post
I am not a fan of mandates, per se.

I prefer we do it the old fashioned way: Competition.

Examples:
First company to develop a battery the size of a garbage can that can store enough electricity to power 1,000 homes for 24 hours without melting, wins $1bil.

First company to develop photovoltaic paint for automotive/home use gets $1bil.

First car company to develop an SUV with 5 Star crash ratings that gets 100mpg gets $1bil.

Make your home/building energy independent via solar cells or win power and pay only 50% property taxes for life and all sales of electricity to power company is non-taxable.

AKA Show me the money and I'll get you results! Take my money and demand results and I'll vote your as out!
Google has made a similar challenge involving unmanned rovers on the moon.
Waco is offline   Quick reply to this message
"Parity is for dirt farmers." - Seymour Cray
Old 07-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #26
vfpreacher111
DC Crew

Member #61087

My Corvette(s)
69 stingray

@Tsavo85

Brother... if you want to learn more then you ever thought you could know about Photovoltaic Paint, check out PPG and the new technologies they are putting forward. The PPG Vibrance line of coatings are the wave of the future in paint. The ability to add compounds to paint, and still have it spread and dry correctly, has been the biggest setback in these technologies... along with longevity of life all while still meeting VOC requirements. They are blowing AkzoNobel (#1 coatings manufacturer worldwide) out of the water with "green" enhanced coatings.

http://www.weshow.com/uk/p/5951/a_fa...e_paint_scheme

Old 07-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #27
vfpreacher111
DC Crew

Member #61087

My Corvette(s)
69 stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWacoKid View Post
So you're an expert scientist in ecology?
I'll trust the scientists that actually have a clue what's going on over anything I read from some self-made scientist at home playing armchair quarterback.

We could blow a hole in a volcano... but can we control the volcano ?

We can seed clouds... but can we control the clouds ?

We are not in control of this planet... never have been.

That's the difference between me and you... I take info from many different sources and combine them to come up with my OWN thoughts... Right or wrong... there mine. You... you just regurgitate shit you read with absolutely no depth in thought as to what you have read... Mr. Verbatim. This is the "mindless following" (follower) I was speaking about.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #28
Dan85Vette
DC Crew

Member #9092

My Corvette(s)
'85 Vette - 383 TPI

I ate Mexican last night.

Albeit brief, there was definitely some global warming.
Dan85Vette is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #29
vfpreacher111
DC Crew

Member #61087

My Corvette(s)
69 stingray

Old 07-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #30
vfpreacher111
DC Crew

Member #61087

My Corvette(s)
69 stingray

Hey Wacko... why don't you try and read something else besides "Chicken Little... The sky is falling". This way, you will learn that there are differing opinions, within the scientific community. (the very thing I have been saying the entire time I've been here... that you have been arguing against) Only by reading the two differing opinions, will you be able to come up with a better understanding (and for once an opinion of your own) of what is really going on in the echo-terrorists endeavors to turn this country into the EU.

http://digitalartpress.wordpress.com...lobal-warming/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in