how to leave AMERICA DEFENSELESS - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #46
duneripperxx
Account Disabled.

Member #34022

My Corvette(s)
black C4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged_Bird View Post
I never thought I'd see the day when my wonderful country would be called "terrorist" by one of it's own citizens. It only proves to me that my theory is correct, which is that you should have to EARN your citizenship by serving at least two years in our nations military, but then that would be taking away the freedom of choice which is what made this country so great to begin with.

:
Technically,
George Washington was a terrorist, as was our country's sucessful division from England.
History decides if one is a terrorist or not.

Win=martyr
Loose=terrorist.
duneripperxx is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Can anyone here figure out why my sorry ass was banned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #47
HardcoreABN
Account Disabled.

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

"I for one would blow up the women and children of any nation who occupied my country and killed my wife and children. If all I could do was strap on a bomb and hug the nearest guy in that army...you know I would to avenge my family and end the suffering of missing them."

gotta say, if i saw you on the street i would have to wreck you, for this personally offends me. we are not over ther to kill iraqi women and children, it is the iraqi's themselves that are blowing each other up. keep in mind, accidents do happen, and they are unavoidable. and typically those accidents are fully justified. for example, you are at a military checkpoint, and a vehicle is coming towards you and ignoring the signs telling the vehicle to slow down and stop. do you (a) let the vehicle come towards you unchallenged and potentially kill you and your friends, or (b) light the vehicle up, potentially saving your life and the life of those around you. I would, have, and would do again, chose (b).
HardcoreABN is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanPerformance

Owner, All American Performance

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4 cam , CNC LS3 heads, LS7 MAF, Kooks 2" primary tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, custom return style fuel system, custom direct port nitrous kit.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #48
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
gotta say, if i saw you on the street i would have to wreck you, for this personally offends me. we are not over ther to kill iraqi women and children, it is the iraqi's themselves that are blowing each other up. keep in mind, accidents do happen, and they are unavoidable. and typically those accidents are fully justified. for example, you are at a military checkpoint, and a vehicle is coming towards you and ignoring the signs telling the vehicle to slow down and stop. do you (a) let the vehicle come towards you unchallenged and potentially kill you and your friends, or (b) light the vehicle up, potentially saving your life and the life of those around you. I would, have, and would do again, chose (b).
How many suicide bombings happenned in Iraq in the decades preceeding the US invasion?

Granted, these insurgent cowards attack women & children on purpose and use them as shields. That the US kills innocents along with insurgents is regrettable, but ultimately necessary. And that they dress alike to civillians makes our job over there nearly impossible. That said:

Why didn't they think of this before?

Oh. Right. They DID!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY
Tsavo85 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 06-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #49
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney 5 View Post
And Kennedy didn't simply "talk to Khrushchev" he told Khrushchev under no uncertain terms that if he didn't immediately remove his missiles from Cuba and turn his ships around that the shooting would start and we would let the chips would fall where they may. Something that took balls... another thing that Obama is clearly lacking.
Since no tapes of said conversations were ever released, nor were any transcripts, you cannot be certain that he behaved that way. For all we know, the conversation went more like "What would it take to get you to disarm Cuba and recall the fleet?" This would be followed by a reply, counter, counter-counter and a settlement.

"If you don't, I'll kick your ass" would not have worked against the Soviets. Their pride and ego was larger than America's. They would have called our bluff in a heartbeat.
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 06-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #50
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Quote:
if i saw you on the street i would have to wreck you, for this personally offends me.
And your threats and internet nutswinging offends me. It shows a lack of thought, reason, or respect for others' opinions. You're not the only one who has lost or sacrificed for this country. You do not get a monopoly on patriotism. That you threaten violence against a countryman flies in the very face of what you profess to covet; of what you claim to defend with your life.
-Kyle

Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #51
HardcoreABN
Account Disabled.

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

let me ask you, how many friends have died in your arms, or in front of you. how many trucks have you had to wash your friends blood out of or remove remains? anyone who talks bout wanting, or wishing harm on any us soldier while in combat needs to take a look at all the freedoms that soldier is giving him/her. i do not need to respect his opinion about wishing harm on myself or my brothers. i do not need to stand by and watch someone disrespect them. they paid the ultimate price so you can have your liberal ideals and live your life as you please. in my opinion, love it or leave it. i challenge you to find another country on this planet that gives you as much as this one does.
HardcoreABN is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanPerformance

Owner, All American Performance

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4 cam , CNC LS3 heads, LS7 MAF, Kooks 2" primary tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, custom return style fuel system, custom direct port nitrous kit.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #52
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Quote:
let me ask you, how many friends have died in your arms, or in front of you. how many trucks have you had to wash your friends blood out of or remove remains? anyone who talks bout wanting, or wishing harm on any us soldier while in combat needs to take a look at all the freedoms that soldier is giving him/her. i do not need to respect his opinion about wishing harm on myself or my brothers. i do not need to stand by and watch someone disrespect them. they paid the ultimate price so you can have your liberal ideals and live your life as you please. in my opinion, love it or leave it. i challenge you to find another country on this planet that gives you as much as this one does.
You misunderstood his statement and went off half-cocked. He was putting himself in the misguided perspective of a Sunni or Shiite. Based upon what those folks are taught, they have made their decisions to behave in that fashion. I think it is as reprehensible as the next guy. But we knew this going in. To act all surprised is an insult to the Office and the country.

You don't know me. You don't know what I have endured. And you never will, so stop judging people. That you think I am a liberal shows how little you know people.
-Kyle

Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #53
Barney 5
DC Crew

Member #60583

My Corvette(s)
'92 coupe, and it's RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo85 View Post
"What would it take to get you to disarm Cuba and recall the fleet?" .

Of course our naval blockade was only like a Soviet welcome wagon.
Ever heard of defcon 1???
Barney 5 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2012: "Hoping" for "Change".
Old 06-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #54
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Quote:

Of course our naval blockade was only like a Soviet welcome wagon.
Ever heard of defcon 1???
The world would have ended that day. Both sides needed a way out and a way to save face.

One of my closest friend's father worked at the Kremlin over that time. Their version to their people is EXACTLY the same as the US gubmint's version to us:

"We threatenned to wipe them out and they backed off."

Again. No tapes. No transcripts. No proof of what ANY of the negotiations were like.
-Kyle

Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #55
the machine
Account Disabled.

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
You misunderstood his statement and went off half-cocked. He was putting himself in the misguided perspective of a Sunni or Shiite. Based upon what those folks are taught, they have made their decisions to behave in that fashion. I think it is as reprehensible as the next guy. But we knew this going in. To act all surprised is an insult to the Office and the country.
Thank you for understanding my point...although I am sure he did too, but chose to twist it around to make me look bad and so discredit anything I say.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine......
Old 06-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #56
Barney 5
DC Crew

Member #60583

My Corvette(s)
'92 coupe, and it's RED!

Quote:
The world would have ended that day. Both sides needed a way out and a way to save face.

The theat of M.A.D. and the fact that we weren't bluffing is what ended the standoff. Which leads back to the original topic.. the need for a strong leader and not a pussy.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #57
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Quote:
The theat of M.A.D. and the fact that we weren't bluffing is what ended the standoff. Which leads back to the original topic.. the need for a strong leader and not a pussy.
How do you know that? You don't. None of us do. The two guys who know are dead. I got news. They were not bluffing either. What ended the standoff was TALKING TO HIM.

Sometimes it takes a stronger man to approach an adversary than to ignore them.

How many times in a disagreement does one side have to be the bigger man and extend the hand to the other?

Is America not so great as to need friends and conflict resolution?

A wise man once said "I would rather have my enemies inside my tent pissing out, than outside my tent pissing in."

Look, all these little despots and fanatics want is to be taken seriously. To feel like they are actually being heard. No different than any schoolyard bully. We get them to the table. We let them vent their peace. We constructively explain our reasoning. Then we negotiate a settlement. This may take 5 years of diplomatic effort. Better than 5 years of mopping our blood out of Humvees.

Diplomacy is a macro scenario of a barricaded standoff. No matter what you do to the guy in the house, he'll stay put. Cut the power. Cut the food. Play loud music, etc. All that will happen is he'll get pissed and eventually start shooting. Get a negotiator there to listen to the guy and he'll come out eventually. Or just shoot the whole fucking house full of bullets and piss of the entire neighborhood in the process.
-Kyle

Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #58
Barney 5
DC Crew

Member #60583

My Corvette(s)
'92 coupe, and it's RED!

Quote:

Look, all these little despots and fanatics want is to be taken seriously. To feel like they are actually being heard. .
Oh, I think they were heard good and loud on 9/11. Diplomacy is great, but not with someone who wants nothing more than to kill you.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #59
duneripperxx
Account Disabled.

Member #34022

My Corvette(s)
black C4 vert

Quote:

Look, all these little despots and fanatics want is to be taken seriously. To feel like they are actually being heard. No different than any schoolyard bully. We get them to the table. We let them vent their peace. We constructively explain our reasoning. Then we negotiate a settlement. This may take 5 years of diplomatic effort. Better than 5 years of mopping our blood out of Humvees.
That depends on if they rattle the saber to be the alpha male, or to achive goals...imho
duneripperxx is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Can anyone here figure out why my sorry ass was banned?
Old 06-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #60
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great

Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Democratic nations must try to find ways to starve the terrorist and the hijacker of the oxygen of publicity on which they depend.
Margaret Thatcher

I seem to smell the stench of appeasement in the air.
Margaret Thatcher

If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
George S. Patton

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

If my critics saw me walking over the Thames they would say it was because I couldn't swim.
Margaret Thatcher

THINGS DON,T CHANGE MUCH!
grumpyvette is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"!
IF YOU CAN , YOU NEED BETTER TIRES AND YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS MORE WORK!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in