how to leave AMERICA DEFENSELESS - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #61
Caged_Bird
I support glass stairways

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneripperxx View Post
Technically,
George Washington was a terrorist, as was our country's sucessful division from England.
History decides if one is a terrorist or not.

Win=martyr
Loose=terrorist.
Negative, terrorists attack civilians. There HAS been terrorist attacks on military targets but usually they are too much of a coward to attack an armed and defensive target, they much rather prefer oh, I don't know, hijacking airplanes full of unarmed civilians and flying them into buildings that have nothing to do with their cause.

We DID drop the bomb on Japan, but Japan had balls enough to attack a military target. Two days before we dropped the bombs we also flew over and dropped pamphlets over the cities we were going to bomb that outlined our intentions in three different dialects of written Japanese. They had every chance to leave the city.

I DO agree with you that yes, history dictates the goodie or baddie, and usually the side that won paints itself as the goodie.

You made some very good points The Machine, I must now bow in respect. You see I got hurt at work, and was on some narcotic pain killers for the past couple of days, they must've affected my logic and reasoning, but I want you to know that I am no longer thinking like a liberal. Seriously though, good points

Why should I look for a new profession? Does this war in some way affect electrician apprentices nationwide?

EDIT: I would also like to take this time to reiterate that I did NOT vote for Bush, I don't like him, I did but after seeing his first term, I changed my mind. Now that I'm COMPLETELY out of the military I am no longer forced to support him, and I don't.
Caged_Bird is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'77 350 4-bolt bored .030 over, stock crank and rods, KB hypereutectic pistons, Comp 275DEH cam, ported and polished vortec heads, Comp Valve Springs, Harland Sharp fulcrum roller rockers 1.5:1, custom length Manley pushrods, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley fuel pump, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, MSD Streetfire Dizzy, Taylor spark plug wires, modded 700-R4, 3:55 rear gears, TCI roll control, upgraded front and rear suspension. B&M Megashifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
The only "enemies" that fear Obama is taxpayers..
First went Exotix, now Dune, I'd be careful if I were you, Machine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #62
duneripperxx
Account Disabled.

Member #34022

My Corvette(s)
black C4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
"I for one would blow up the women and children of any nation who occupied my country and killed my wife and children. If all I could do was strap on a bomb and hug the nearest guy in that army...you know I would to avenge my family and end the suffering of missing them."

gotta say, if i saw you on the street i would have to wreck you, for this personally offends me. we are not over ther to kill iraqi women and children, it is the iraqi's themselves that are blowing each other up. keep in mind, accidents do happen, and they are unavoidable. and typically those accidents are fully justified. for example, you are at a military checkpoint, and a vehicle is coming towards you and ignoring the signs telling the vehicle to slow down and stop. do you (a) let the vehicle come towards you unchallenged and potentially kill you and your friends, or (b) light the vehicle up, potentially saving your life and the life of those around you. I would, have, and would do again, chose (b).
Nobody is accusing our soldiers, our young adults, our relatives, our brothers and family in service of our country, of aimlessly killing.
This is a "managment" issue.

Hate the game, not the player.
duneripperxx is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Can anyone here figure out why my sorry ass was banned?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:26 PM   #63
duneripperxx
Account Disabled.

Member #34022

My Corvette(s)
black C4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged_Bird View Post

Why should I look for a new profession? Does this war in some way affect electrician apprentices nationwide?:
If the futures market does no recede from oil, corn, grain, soy, ect
You can be a Farm Security Advisior....

Quote:
EDIT: I would also like to take this time to reiterate that I did NOT vote for Bush, I don't like him, I did but after seeing his first term, I changed my mind. Now that I'm COMPLETELY out of the military I am no longer forced to support him, and I don't.

Liking Bush or not, or any party is your choice.
Better to have opinions and concerns than no activisim at all.
duneripperxx is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Can anyone here figure out why my sorry ass was banned?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #64
Caged_Bird

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneripperxx View Post
If the futures market does no recede from oil, corn, grain, soy, ect
You can be a Farm Security Advisior....

Liking Bush or not, or any party is your choice.
Better to have opinions and concerns than no activisim at all.
True, it just seems that once everyone sees that I'm prior military, from Texas, and conservative they automatically ASSume that I'm pro-Bush.

Now I love bush just as much as the next guy, but I'm not very fond of the president. I just want that known.
'77 350 4-bolt bored .030 over, stock crank and rods, KB hypereutectic pistons, Comp 275DEH cam, ported and polished vortec heads, Comp Valve Springs, Harland Sharp fulcrum roller rockers 1.5:1, custom length Manley pushrods, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley fuel pump, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, MSD Streetfire Dizzy, Taylor spark plug wires, modded 700-R4, 3:55 rear gears, TCI roll control, upgraded front and rear suspension. B&M Megashifter.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #65
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Quote:
Negative, terrorists attack civilians.

...snip...

We DID drop the bomb on Japan
Wait, what?
Waco is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Parity is for dirt farmers." - Seymour Cray
Old 06-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #66
Caged_Bird

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWacoKid View Post
Wait, what?
Yeah, go ahead and quote the rest of that, oh you don't want to because that wouldn't let you act like some kind of know-it-all then would you?

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #67
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Quote:
Yeah, go ahead and quote the rest of that, oh you don't want to because that wouldn't let you act like some kind of know-it-all then would you?
Know-it-all? I was just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy in your post.

There's no need to get all offended by the truth.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #68
Caged_Bird

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Know-it-all? I was just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy in your post.
Yeah because terrorists don't warn in three different written forms of the language of the native land they are attacking two days before they actually attack.

Try reading, it's fundamental.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #69
Caged_Bird

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
We DID drop the bomb on Japan, but Japan had balls enough to attack a military target. Two days before we dropped the bombs we also flew over and dropped pamphlets over the cities we were going to bomb that outlined our intentions in three different dialects of written Japanese. They had every chance to leave the city.
How's that for truth?

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #70
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Quote:
Yeah because terrorists don't warn in three different written forms of the language of the native land they are attacking two days before they actually attack.
Videos sent out to warn people of impending attacks don't count? News to me.

Scenario:

Iran sends out a video saying that they are going to nuke New York in 3 days. They wait three days then nuke the city. Are they terrorists?

If you can't tell I'm playing devil's advocate, there's no reason to get all pissy.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #71
Caged_Bird

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Videos sent out to warn people of impending attacks don't count? News to me.

Scenario:

Iran sends out a video saying that they are going to nuke New York in 3 days. They wait three days then nuke the city. Are they terrorists?

If you can't tell I'm playing devil's advocate, there's no reason to get all pissy.
When has that happened in the history of terrorism?

I'm talking real world here, you're off in fantasy land, I'm not pissy, I just wish people would actually use their friggin' brain before they claim "hypocrisy" that's whats wrong with this world too many people open their damn mouths before they know what's going on.

I should know, I'm one of them.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #72
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Quote:
When has that happened in the history of terrorism?
Many many times. Most terrorist groups will warn of attacks before they execute anything to inspire fear. They usually aren't quite so specific but they have been from time to time.

It's all a matter of perspective. We won WWII, thus we aren't terrorists. If the Japanese had won we surely would be branded as such.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #73
Caged_Bird

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Many many times. Most terrorist groups will warn of attacks before they execute anything to inspire fear. They usually aren't quite so specific but they have been from time to time.

It's all a matter of perspective. We won WWII, thus we aren't terrorists. If the Japanese had won we surely would be branded as such.
Actually, to some of the older citizens of Japan, we are, I had some old guy on the train tell me that my granfatha vaparize his granfatha.

I say, "He no vaparize granfatha, he drive around Eisenhowa, he driva da Cadirrac"

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #74
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Exactly. Perspective is everything.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:10 AM   #75
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Whoops! Wrong door, excuse me!
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in