Young Punks [Girl decked by Police Officer for Resisting - Video] - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #46
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by f55mph View Post
The officer is a bitch in my opinion and yes he would be a bitch ass officer even if was black. That situation did not warrant his actions at all. Yes they were being unruly but he was in no jeopardy and he could have easily called backup and dealt with the situation. All of this over jaywalking. Are you fucking serious?
Since you have no clue of what "officer safety" is, allow me to clue you in.

One thing that you are taught in the academy is to always keep as much distance as possible between your weapon and your suspect. Although this officer was attempting to physically deal with 2 female subjects, he was surrounded by multiple male subjects who he could not immediately determine if they were part of the solution or part of the problem. At any moment he could have had his weapon snatched while being tangled up with these two women. That could have cost him his life. There are many videos on You Tube that show the last moments of a many officer's life. This one decided to NOT become one of those statistics by quickly bringing a suspect under control. By any means necessary, including the right hook, baby.

I worked with one motto once I stepped out of my car...

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #47
f55mph
DC Crew

Member #46977

My Corvette(s)
2005 C6 z51, headers, x-pipe, corsa sport, callaway cai, cam, 440 RWHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
I live by the same code. You dont have to be a officer or retired officer either. Everyone can play the what if game all night. What if he already called backup, what if the men were going to jump in, what if this or that. it was jaywalking she hadnt killed anyone and it was obvious from the video that no life and property were in danger for the officer to react this way to jaywalking. He lost his cool and was frustrated and punched a girl in the face for getiing in between her mother and him. She took no aggressive posture or even advanced towards him afterwards. He's a loose cannon jumpy ass bitch officer.
f55mph is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing - Redd Foxx
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #48
baierman
DC Crew

Member #20567

Quote:
Originally Posted by f55mph View Post
He lost his cool and was frustrated and punched a girl in the face for getiing in between her mother and him. She took no aggressive posture or even advanced towards him afterwards. He's a loose cannon jumpy ass bitch officer.
Are you kidding me. he was alone, surrounded by a bunch of unknown people, attempting to subdue a resisting suspect, and was being aggressively pursued by that suspects friend. If the video had shown him pulling his firearm on them I would have still supported his actions. That girl was close enough that had she tried its possible she could have taken his gun and shot him. There is absolutely no reason to think this veteran officer is a loose cannon, it was their callous disrespect for law enforcement that put those girls in that situation.
baierman is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #49
Jenni
DC Crew

Member #45684

My Corvette(s)
1996 Collector Edition

I agree whole-heartedly that some use of force was necessary. However, I don't think punching someone in the face, especially not a woman, is a professional response. He lost his cool, plain and simple. If he had tasered her, acceptable. If he had pulled out his baton, acceptable. His fist? Not acceptable.
Jenni is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #50
StillCrazy
DC Crew

Member #44494

My Corvette(s)
06 COUPE,08 ZO6

Well, in don't matter if he was justified or not,in today's atmosphere, he's done as a p/o. No one will hire him and he will probably get sued by the parents for physically abusing the girls. The police union won't back him. He'll lose everything he has worked for.
StillCrazy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #51
tar heels
DC Crew

Member #36291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
I agree whole-heartedly that some use of force was necessary. However, I don't think punching someone in the face, especially not a woman, is a professional response. He lost his cool, plain and simple. If he had tasered her, acceptable. If he had pulled out his baton, acceptable. His fist? Not acceptable.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #52
BaddAssC6
DC Crew

Member #65752

My Corvette(s)
c6 coupe z51

Quote:
Help us understand your reasoning here. Why would the baton be ok, but the fist not? I think this would be much worse if he hit her with the baton.

I would also argue that the level of "professionalism" displayed is limited by the party you are dealing with. In this particular instance one woman resisting arrest and another aiding. That is a crime much more severe than J-walking.

I really get frustrated reading some of these responses because there are a lot of people condemning this man that was serving his community. I would temper your responses with the realization that most of the people admonishing him have NEVER PUT THERE ASS ON THE LINE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THEMSELVES!
BaddAssC6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" The Ghost of the China Coast!"
Old 06-17-2010, 07:10 AM   #53
4DRUSH
DC Crew

Member #64583

My Corvette(s)
1997 Nassau Blue Coupe, 1999 Torch Red FRC

Good they're sending the officer back for some more training. (for his own good)

To me it seemed a little slow to restrain that teenage girl.
4DRUSH is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 AM   #54
Fluffy

Member #68058

My Corvette(s)
JSB 2008 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRUSH View Post
Good they're sending the officer back for some more training. (for his own good)

To me it seemed a little slow to restrain that teenage girl.
Yeah, had it been me, I would have kicked ass way quicker and much harder.

To the other idiots, an officer is here to uphold law and order. Given some officers are assholes who feel empowered by a badge and a gun (they are humans and as such not perfect), but, that being said, this is the kind of bitch who will cut the line and cuss at you or hit you if you say anything.

This is not a school yard, you have an issue with a citation take it to court.

These people are a problem to civilized society and as the French say, there are people for which some spanks have been lost.

Don't forget what life would be like without the LEO - the far west. In the far west the cussing bitches survive, the kiss-ass cowards die.

a++ Cedric

Last edited by Fluffy; 06-17-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Fluffy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rayman XIII
Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #55
Fluffy

Member #68058

My Corvette(s)
JSB 2008 Coupe

Quote:
I never said anything about letting anyone off, nor do I think that the cop should have done anything differently. However, I would be curious as to how often the Seattle PD writes tickets for jaywalking.
There was an article in the French papers, apparently quite often. Anyone from Seattle to confirm?

Fluffy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rayman XIII
Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #56
victoryredSS
DC Crew

Member #55168

It seems to me that the officer was surrounded and that can easily turn into a 'swarming'. When do you deal with that situation? I would say immediately, so that there is no confusion about the outcome should others try to join in. Decisive action needs to be taken immediately. We had a incident up here several years ago where a bunch of teens swarmed a man and killed him. Sadly, this guy was a big man who could easily have handled a couple of them at a time. He did not realize his danger and they killed him, all for no good reason.

Had that been one of my daughters causing the ruckus and the police officer punched her in the head, I would have told her that I taught her better than that and for her to be happy he didn't pull out his baton/taser/gun. Police officers have family to go home to at night and a right to get there safely.
victoryredSS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
**Under Construction** 05 Victory Red Cobalt SS, LSX Bowtie block, 427 CID, Brodix BP BR 7 BS 300 Heads, Crower rocker arms, Diamond pistons, Scat crankshaft, Vortech V7 YSi-B, Holley Dominator EFI, RWD conversion, Rossler Terminator 6 Power glide, Ford 9", Strange suspension, SSBC brakes Expectations *1,000+RWHP*
Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #57
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

I support the cop. He was assaulted. If men did to a female cop what those girls did to this male cop, they would both be in jail.

This is a man/woman inequity thing, not a race thing like the black community thinks. Well, other than the fact that VERY few white folks would have acted that way.
Tsavo85 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #58
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo85 View Post
... This is a man/woman inequity thing, not a race thing like a small minority in black community thinks. Well, other than the fact that VERY few white folks would have acted that way.
There, fixed it for you. Keep in mind that the squeaky gear gets the grease. The media always portrays the views of those in the black community who will get the most reaction on the 6 o'clock news. You never see them hunt down the opposite views of those who supposedly "represent" the black community. That wouldn't get much of an reaction.

Trust me, there are those of us in the black community who see this for what it is. Two undisciplined females with no respect for the law or authority who felt that common law should not be applied to them. They found out otherwise.

For those of you who are condemning this officer's actions, I have yet to see you address the actions of these teens. You are just as bad as the Jesse Jackson's and Al Sharptons of the world. Had their actions been in check, this would not be a discussion. The world would have never heard about a teen who got a jay walking ticket. It was those teen's actions that provoked the reaction of the officer.

Any of you are disconcerting of the officer's reactions want to take on that angle? And if you agree that the teens were out of line, then the discussion is over because if they had just taken their ticket, this thread would not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddAssC6 View Post
... I would temper your responses with the realization that most of the people admonishing him have NEVER PUT THERE ASS ON THE LINE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THEMSELVES!
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRUSH View Post
... To me it seemed a little slow to restrain that teenage girl.
That's because he was clearly trying to keep from hurting the girl.

I'll add this, until you have pinned a badge on your cheat and walked a mile in that man's shoes, you will NEVER understand what that officer was going through.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #59
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

I would agree that it was a small minority if the Urban League and other orgs that represent the black community were not already giving speeches and such. I expect Jesse and Al to show any minute.

And so far, not a single black leader has supported the officer, thereby giving tacit approval of his character assassination.

Not unlike the muslims that are not screaming at the terrorists to stop.

There is a culture issue at work, here. Not at the fact, but before and after the fact. This community needs to take a good long look at its youth and finally do right by them. Test scores, crime, and the like are making a valuable and proud demographic look like a bunch of losers and it makes me sad for all of us.
Tsavo85 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 06-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #60
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo85 View Post
I would agree that it was a small minority if the Urban League and other orgs that represent the black community were not already giving speeches and such. I expect Jesse and Al to show any minute.

And so far, not a single black leader has supported the officer, thereby giving tacit approval of his character assassination.
Here's what is wrong with your thought process. Where are the blacks who died and voted the Urban League, the NAACP or any other black lead organization, king or leaders of the black people? Do you realize how irrelevant some of these organizations are today? I bet if you asked a 100 blacks who the president of the NAACP is right now, you would get a hundred wrong answers. A thousand couldn't tell you one member of the Urban League. I, as a 100% bonafide black person DO NOT follow anything these organizations spit out today. They are as relevant in my life today as the KKK.

The only people who think that these organizations are as relevant as they were back in the 50's are those who are other than black. To most educated black folks that I know, these organizations are nothing more than a way for some hustlers to line their pockets with cash.

If some cops beat my ass today for no reason, they and the "black leaders" in my community would be the last people that I would call. I would make one phone call, and that would be to my attorney.

By the way, he's Irish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in