Young Punks [Girl decked by Police Officer for Resisting - Video] - Page 8 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #106
BlkThunder69

Member #38279

My Corvette(s)
69 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CEtuner View Post
yeah that two, but how many women do you know that do that LOL
Hey hey watch it there Chili.

Totally with your previous post. I think you hit the nail on the head.
BlkThunder69 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The DC gal formerly known as REDHTC6GIRL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #107
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged_Bird View Post
We wouldn't be having this conversation if she had just shut the fuck up and taken her citation...
Nailed it, period.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 06-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #108
sixpeedreams
DC Crew

Member #17449

My Corvette(s)
'80, '95, and '13 Z28's/SS's -- poor man's Corvettes

I support that officer 100%. He used appropriate force. Let that community leader live in an inner city neighborhood where police are not allowed to use force when assulted.
sixpeedreams is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #109
Jenni
DC Crew

Member #45684

My Corvette(s)
1996 Collector Edition

Quote:
Well, actually, yes, I completed personal qualification standards for Master At Arms (Military Police) while in the Navy.

But no, I'm not a LEO, however, you got your answer from the LEO you questioned, then you continually posted the same fucking question over and over. Eventually someone HAS to respond in such a manner as all of our other "appropriate" responses garnered no satisfaction from you what-so-ever.

Like my Dad used to say, "I HAVE to yell, when I'm nice you don't listen!"

What the hell is wrong with getting punched in the face anyway? It's JUST a punch to the face...
Actually, if you go back and actually read the thread, I asked the question of thinblue. You chose to respond to it, and answered with your opinion. I never repeated it after that, I responded to blckslvr79, and you again chose to answer, even though I didn't repeat the question. But whatever, if you want to give me crap for you answering questions that were never posed to you, go right ahead.
Jenni is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #110
82CEtuner

Member #79909

My Corvette(s)
82CE Modified with LS1, T56, VPB Suspension and LOTS more goodies!!

Apparently the situation is boiling down after the news media blew it up so bad.

The 17 year old girl has since apologized to the officer in a private meeting that was held for interfering with his arrest and prosecutors have charged her with 3rd degree assault.

However the Officer is still under investigation for his actions.

I am glad to see that the woman herself has admitted fault. I also never heard anything of the woman trying to press charges against the cop, she probably knew she did wrong, it was the media once again that blew it all out of wack.

Hope this comes to a happy ending for both parties.
82CEtuner is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
82 Collectors Edition - LS1 engine, T-56 six speed, 18lb billet flywheel, Monster stage 3 clutch, 4.11s in the rear, VBP Peformance Plus Suspension system, VBP Rack and Pinion Steering, Hydroboost, Melrose Longtube headers into duel 3 inch with x pipe, flowmaster 44s,
338WHP 350WTQ

MY 82 LS1/T56 Conversion Thread with PICS! read here!!
The First Test Fire!!!!
THE COMPLETED CONVERSION!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:32 AM   #111
Caged_Bird
I support glass stairways

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
Actually, if you go back and actually read the thread, I asked the question of thinblue. You chose to respond to it, and answered with your opinion. I never repeated it after that, I responded to blckslvr79, and you again chose to answer, even though I didn't repeat the question. But whatever, if you want to give me crap for you answering questions that were never posed to you, go right ahead.
This is a public forum...

They are called Private Messages for a reason.

Don't post it if you don't want an answer...
Caged_Bird is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'77 350 4-bolt bored .030 over, stock crank and rods, KB hypereutectic pistons, Comp 275DEH cam, ported and polished vortec heads, Comp Valve Springs, Harland Sharp fulcrum roller rockers 1.5:1, custom length Manley pushrods, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley fuel pump, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, MSD Streetfire Dizzy, Taylor spark plug wires, modded 700-R4, 3:55 rear gears, TCI roll control, upgraded front and rear suspension. B&M Megashifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
The only "enemies" that fear Obama is taxpayers..
First went Exotix, now Dune, I'd be careful if I were you, Machine...
Old 06-19-2010, 03:49 AM   #112
Punk Boy
DC Pit Crew

Member #4

My Corvette(s)
RIP Mike Malone Smith

Quote:
How many times do I have to say it-yes, I'm all for using force, such as the tazer. If he had pulled out the baton, the pepper spray or the tazer, not an issue. But he didn't, he punched someone in the face-male or female doesn't matter. The only question I asked was whether or not that is an appropriated response to the situation from a trained LEO.
yes a fist is an appropriate response to an actively resisting person...she attacked him by pushing him (active aggression)...at that point he had a right to defend himself and a close fist is lower on the use of force than the other options you presented....
Punk Boy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"It's like Betty Crocker and Charles Manson had a love child and he's cooking for me"

"We can do this two ways: We can do this MY way, or we can do this MY way MAD."
Old 06-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #113
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk Boy View Post
yes a fist is an appropriate response to an actively resisting person...she attacked him by pushing him (active aggression)...at that point he had a right to defend himself and a close fist is lower on the use of force than the other options you presented....
Totally my way of thinking. I don't know why anyone would think that a cop cannot throw a hay maker. You are taught hand to hand combat for a reason. Although I would have tased the hell out of her, hay makers were definitely part of my less lethal arsenal.

What pisses me off if the officer's department claiming that he needs more training so quickly, publicly, without doing a thorough investigation first. They did a public satisfying, knee-jerk reaction to appease the disgruntled. I bet he'll turn his head to a lot of stuff from now on, which will totally kill his effectiveness on the street if he goes back to the streets.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:19 AM   #114
HardcoreABN
Account Disabled.

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

just another example of how ultimate political correctness will lead to our next civil war....
HardcoreABN is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanPerformance

Owner, All American Performance

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4 cam , CNC LS3 heads, LS7 MAF, Kooks 2" primary tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, custom return style fuel system, custom direct port nitrous kit.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #115
Jenni
DC Crew

Member #45684

My Corvette(s)
1996 Collector Edition

Quote:
This is a public forum...

They are called Private Messages for a reason.

Don't post it if you don't want an answer...
Once again, you totally missed the point. You remind me of this joke:

Leaving Minnesota for Colorado, I decide to make a stop at one of those rest areas on the side of the road. I go in the washroom. The first stall was taken so I went in the second stall. I just sat down when I hear a voice from the next stall...

- "Hi there, how is it going?"

Okay, I am not the type to strike conversations with strangers in washrooms on the side of the road. I didn't know what to say so finally I say:

- "Not bad..."

Then the voice says:

- "So, what are you doing?"

I am starting to find that a bit weird, but I say:

- "Well, I'm going back to Colorado..."

Then I hear the person say all flustered:

- "Look I'll call you back, every time I ask you a question this idiot in the next stall keeps answering me."
Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #116
Jenni
DC Crew

Member #45684

My Corvette(s)
1996 Collector Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Totally my way of thinking. I don't know why anyone would think that a cop cannot throw a hay maker. You are taught hand to hand combat for a reason. Although I would have tased the hell out of her, hay makers were definitely part of my less lethal arsenal.

What pisses me off if the officer's department claiming that he needs more training so quickly, publicly, without doing a thorough investigation first. They did a public satisfying, knee-jerk reaction to appease the disgruntled. I bet he'll turn his head to a lot of stuff from now on, which will totally kill his effectiveness on the street if he goes back to the streets.
Again, let me explain my thinking:

A "haymaker" punch is not something that says "I am in control of this situation." If you watch the video, the entire things screams "I have no control over any of this."

If you want to say he was attempting to "take it easy" on the first girl, then that led to him having to punch the second in the face.

It's not about whether or not an officer can throw a haymaker, it's about whether or not he should have had to in that situation.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #117
f55mph
DC Crew

Member #46977

My Corvette(s)
2005 C6 z51, headers, x-pipe, corsa sport, callaway cai, cam, 440 RWHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CEtuner View Post
il be the one to call it like it is, this wouldnt even be news if it was a white cop decking some stupified white trash red neck for resisting. The problem is it is a BLACK female, but the problem is that it shouldnt matter because just because someone is weaker than you or a minority is no reason to change escalation of force.

I think the cop acted the best way he could have, and no matter how he handled it it was going to be bad for me just cause its white on black.

For those who think he should of tazed her? havent you seen all the vidios of cops getting hemmed up for tazing people who are un armed and only just a little UNRULY.

Baton? HAHA REALLY BAD IDEA, more cops have been sent to jail for beating black people with batons than shooting them.

and pulling is fire arm? you gotta be kidding. definetly the wrong thing to do in that situation of someone that is clearly un armed. However he made alot of mistakes.

He should have NEVER had his back to that many people, he failed to control the situation, it could of ended extremely bad for him.

Upon stopping the first person for jay waking he should of gotten backup right then. I know i would ask for atleast one squad car to back me up on ANY call or siituation

I also think that cops should never be alone, there should always be two per car.

I am definetly on the cops side here, and it really saddens me that we would not even be having this conversation if she wasnt black
Race has nothing to do with my assertation of this occurrence. I'm black by the way. I also agree that some black people are quick to use the so called race card as you say and white people are just as fast to place the race issue just as you've done here on this post and other posters have done on numerous threads on DC.
f55mph is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing - Redd Foxx
Old 06-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #118
f55mph
DC Crew

Member #46977

My Corvette(s)
2005 C6 z51, headers, x-pipe, corsa sport, callaway cai, cam, 440 RWHP

Quote:
Again, let me explain my thinking:

A "haymaker" punch is not something that says "I am in control of this situation." If you watch the video, the entire things screams "I have no control over any of this."

If you want to say he was attempting to "take it easy" on the first girl, then that led to him having to punch the second in the face.

It's not about whether or not an officer can throw a haymaker, it's about whether or not he should have had to in that situation.
There's nothing wrong with any officer throwing a punch when they need to. It should never had got to this point.
f55mph is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing - Redd Foxx
Old 06-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #119
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
... It's not about whether or not an officer can throw a haymaker, it's about whether or not he should have had to in that situation.
Here's where your inexperience as a LEO clouds your judgment of what should have been done and what had to be done.

What should have been done can be debated until the cows come home. It is easy to debate the incident after you have had time think about it for days. In the heat of the moment is a totally different scenario. The officer, realizing that he was loosing control of the situation because of someone interfering with him attempting to effect an arrest, needed to neutralize the interference before other individuals jumped in. Since he was dealing with a young, teenage female, he probably didn't want to beat her with a baton (if he had one on him). I cannot tell by the video if he had a taser so I can't speak for that being an option. However, any officer knows that a punch to the nose will stun a suspect and cause their eyes to water and interfere with their ability to see.

In every combative situation there is, taking away the eyes of the opposition is the number one objective that you try an achieve. If the opposition can't see, they cannot effectively fight.

As you saw in the video, this effectively neutralized the interference. This is exactly what mace does, although it is not clear if the officer had mace. A punch to the nose if landed is mace without all the burn.

Thus, a haymaker is an effective and acceptable way to neutralize a combative suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f55mph View Post
Race has nothing to do with my assertation of this occurrence. I'm black by the way. I also agree that some black people are quick to use the so called race card as you say and white people are just as fast to place the race issue just as you've done here on this post and other posters have done on numerous threads on DC.
I agree, race has absolutely nothing to do with this incident. Neither party said anything ethnically irresponsible during this whole affair. I haven't followed up on the Seattle minority community "leader's" responses but if anyone plays the race card in this situation, they are totally off base.

Another term that I have heard used is "these people". That is a term that should ALWAYS be avoided as it can be taken the wrong (or right) way. If by "these people" you mean jaywalkers, then say jaywalkers. If by "these people" you mean people who don't respect authority, then say so. If you just leave it at "these people", you can rest assured that someone will look at your post as one that has just played the race card.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #120
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Not only would I have punched her in the face, but I would have knocked her into next year.
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in