Dear Parrot!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance



Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 09:41 AM   #31
Z06 Parrot
 
Posts: 0
Member #15527
Member since: Jul 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by msterri
Dear Parrot,

What if life from another planet does contact us and has the ability to time travel (they woud be very smart, right...). Now, what happens if they have not yet developed the corvette? Are they consdered intelligent or unintelligent life? And should we just nuke 'em?

There, now the thread is corvette related
Thank you for your questions, msterri. I think I can offer you some answers.

There is a widespread belief that alien beings have traveled to earth from some other planets and are doing reproductive experiments on a chosen few. Despite the incredible nature of this belief and a lack of credible supportive evidence, a cult has grown up around it. According to a Gallup poll done at the end of the twentieth century, about one-third of Americans believe aliens have visited us, an increase of 5% over the previous decade.

According to the tenets of this cult, aliens crashed at Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. The U.S. Government recovered the alien craft and its occupants, and has been secretly meeting with aliens ever since in a place known as Area 51. The rise in UFO sightings is due to the increase in alien activity on earth. The aliens are abducting people in larger numbers, are leaving other signs of their presence in the form of so-called crop circles, are involved in harming cattle, and occasionally provide revelations such as the Urantia Book to selected prophets. The support for these beliefs about aliens and UFOs consists mostly of speculation, fantasy, fraud, and unjustified inferences from questionable evidence and testimony. UFO devotees are also convinced that there is a government and mass media conspiracy to cover-up the alien activities, making it difficult for them to prove that the aliens have landed.

It is probable that there is life elsewhere in the universe and that some of that life is intelligent. There is a high mathematical probability that among the trillions of stars in the billions of galaxies there are millions of planets in age and proximity to a star analogous to our Sun. The chances seem very good that on some of those planets life has evolved. Thereore, alien visitors may have or will be visiting our planet.

Now getting to the specifics of your questioning. If they have not developed the Corvette, perhaps we could give them the blueprints of every year corvette made. They should of course start with the 1953 model and work their way forward. Perhaps they can figure out a better way to transform from the 1967 model to the 1968 model that was plaqued with problems.

Even though they did not develop the Corvette, they would still be classified as intelligent since they were the ones that contacted us.

As for your question for trying to destroy them? I think that would be unwise unless they demonstrated hostile intentions towards us.

I hope this helps!


Z06 Parrot is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2005, 09:45 AM   #32
msterri
 
Posts: 713
Member #32852
Member since: Apr 2005

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Z06 Parrot
Thank you for your questions, msterri. I think I can offer you some answers.

There is a widespread belief that alien beings have traveled to earth from some other planets and are doing reproductive experiments on a chosen few. Despite the incredible nature of this belief and a lack of credible supportive evidence, a cult has grown up around it. According to a Gallup poll done at the end of the twentieth century, about one-third of Americans believe aliens have visited us, an increase of 5% over the previous decade.

According to the tenets of this cult, aliens crashed at Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. The U.S. Government recovered the alien craft and its occupants, and has been secretly meeting with aliens ever since in a place known as Area 51. The rise in UFO sightings is due to the increase in alien activity on earth. The aliens are abducting people in larger numbers, are leaving other signs of their presence in the form of so-called crop circles, are involved in harming cattle, and occasionally provide revelations such as the Urantia Book to selected prophets. The support for these beliefs about aliens and UFOs consists mostly of speculation, fantasy, fraud, and unjustified inferences from questionable evidence and testimony. UFO devotees are also convinced that there is a government and mass media conspiracy to cover-up the alien activities, making it difficult for them to prove that the aliens have landed.

It is probable that there is life elsewhere in the universe and that some of that life is intelligent. There is a high mathematical probability that among the trillions of stars in the billions of galaxies there are millions of planets in age and proximity to a star analogous to our Sun. The chances seem very good that on some of those planets life has evolved. Thereore, alien visitors may have or will be visiting our planet.

Now getting to the specifics of your questioning. If they have not developed the Corvette, perhaps we could give them the blueprints of every year corvette made. They should of course start with the 1953 model and work their way forward. Perhaps they can figure out a better way to transform from the 1967 model to the 1968 model that was plaqued with problems.

Even though they did not develop the Corvette, they would still be classified as intelligent since they were the ones that contacted us.

As for your question for trying to destroy them? I think that would be unwise unless they demonstrated hostile intentions towards us.

I hope this helps!


Dear Parrot,

Sooooo.... IF we gave them the bluerints for the corvette and they still decided not to produce it... Could we nuke them?
msterri is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 09:47 AM   #33
Z06 Parrot
 
Posts: 0
Member #15527
Member since: Jul 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by msterri
Sooooo.... IF we gave them the bluerints for the corvette and they still decided not to produce it... Could we nuke them?
Your question has been discarded due to not addressing me as, "Dear Parrot"



Z06 Parrot is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #34
Z06 Parrot
 
Posts: 0
Member #15527
Member since: Jul 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by msterri
Dear Parrot,

Sooooo.... IF we gave them the bluerints for the corvette and they still decided not to produce it... Could we nuke them?
Thank you for editing your post to include the appropriate greeting.

As for your question.

I would prefer we didn't, but rather give them the blueprints for the Dodge Viper. Maybe they will manufacture those!

Z06 Parrot is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 09:54 AM   #35
geno2552
 
Posts: 1,277
Member #9375
Member since: Feb 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Z06 Parrot
Thank you for your questions, msterri. I think I can offer you some answers.

There is a widespread belief that alien beings have traveled to earth from some other planets and are doing reproductive experiments on a chosen few. Despite the incredible nature of this belief and a lack of credible supportive evidence, a cult has grown up around it. According to a Gallup poll done at the end of the twentieth century, about one-third of Americans believe aliens have visited us, an increase of 5% over the previous decade.

According to the tenets of this cult, aliens crashed at Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. The U.S. Government recovered the alien craft and its occupants, and has been secretly meeting with aliens ever since in a place known as Area 51. The rise in UFO sightings is due to the increase in alien activity on earth. The aliens are abducting people in larger numbers, are leaving other signs of their presence in the form of so-called crop circles, are involved in harming cattle, and occasionally provide revelations such as the Urantia Book to selected prophets. The support for these beliefs about aliens and UFOs consists mostly of speculation, fantasy, fraud, and unjustified inferences from questionable evidence and testimony. UFO devotees are also convinced that there is a government and mass media conspiracy to cover-up the alien activities, making it difficult for them to prove that the aliens have landed.

It is probable that there is life elsewhere in the universe and that some of that life is intelligent. There is a high mathematical probability that among the trillions of stars in the billions of galaxies there are millions of planets in age and proximity to a star analogous to our Sun. The chances seem very good that on some of those planets life has evolved. Thereore, alien visitors may have or will be visiting our planet.

Now getting to the specifics of your questioning. If they have not developed the Corvette, perhaps we could give them the blueprints of every year corvette made. They should of course start with the 1953 model and work their way forward. Perhaps they can figure out a better way to transform from the 1967 model to the 1968 model that was plaqued with problems.

Even though they did not develop the Corvette, they would still be classified as intelligent since they were the ones that contacted us.

As for your question for trying to destroy them? I think that would be unwise unless they demonstrated hostile intentions towards us.

I hope this helps!


Dear Parrot:

Concerning the Roswell incident in 1947.................isn't that about the time you were "born"?????
geno2552 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #36
Z06 Parrot
 
Posts: 0
Member #15527
Member since: Jul 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by geno2552
Dear Parrot:

Concerning the Roswell incident in 1947.................isn't that about the time you were "born"?????
Dear Geno,

None of your flocking (bird wings flapping) business!!!!!





Z06 Parrot is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:00 AM   #37
coolhandluke
 
Posts: 2,151
Member #4458
Member since: Nov 2003

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear Parrot are we twins and why did you bring me over here.
coolhandluke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:07 AM   #38
Z06 Parrot
 
Posts: 0
Member #15527
Member since: Jul 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by coolhandluke
Dear Parrot are we twins and why did you bring me over here.
Hello coolhandluke. I will answer in the follow way:

Are we twins?

Perhaps we could be looked that way. Once upon a time some folks got confused someplace else and thought you were me! LOL

As for bringing you over here?

I never have done such thing. Please compare our membership id numbers and get your facts straight. LOL! Thank you for your questions.
Z06 Parrot is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:09 AM   #39
coolhandluke
 
Posts: 2,151
Member #4458
Member since: Nov 2003

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Z06 Parrot
Hello coolhandluke. I will answer in the follow way:

Are we twins?

Perhaps we could be looked that way. Once upon a time some folks got confused someplace else and thought you were me! LOL

As for bringing you over here?

I never have done such thing. Please compare our membership id numbers and get your facts straight. LOL! Thank you for your questions.
Thanks O Great one.
coolhandluke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:09 AM   #40
red see 6
 
Posts: 2,636
Member #31136
Member since: Feb 2005

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear Parrot,

Did the Apollo autronauts really land on the moon or was it just the biggest hoax in the history of the United States?
red see 6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:11 AM   #41
geno2552
 
Posts: 1,277
Member #9375
Member since: Feb 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear Parrot:

Was I wrong last evening in the restaurant when I passed gas (rather loudly) and immediately pointed out Mrs. Geno as the culprit to the other patrons?

geno2552 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:11 AM   #42
coolhandluke
 
Posts: 2,151
Member #4458
Member since: Nov 2003

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear Parrot will I meet the women of my dreams and then marry her?
coolhandluke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #43
Z06 Parrot
 
Posts: 0
Member #15527
Member since: Jul 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by red see 6
Dear Parrot,

Did the Apollo autronauts really land on the moon or was it just the biggest hoax in the history of the United States?
Hello red see 6!!!!!!!!!

Did NASA land men on the moon? Yes, we did the space agency proclaimed on the Internet, rebutting newly boosted claims from conspiracy theorists that the Apollo missions were faked.

A recent TV program resurfaced old questions about whether NASA really sent astronauts to the moon between 1969 and 1972. We did, the agency said on its home page.

Airing on the Fox Network, the sensational show advanced the idea that the United States did not have the ability to go the moon but staged the landings to one-up the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

Reputable scientists dismiss the claim outright. "Sounds ridiculous? Of course it does! It is. So let me get this straight right form the start: This program is an hour-long piece of junk," explained astronomer Phil Plait on his Web site, Badastronomy.com.

The theorists point to supposed oddities in NASA moon shots to boost their claim. Among the most prominent: The U.S. flag should not be waving. Camera crosshairs should not be behind lunar features in the distance. Stars should be in the background.

Plait and other scientists dismiss such notions. Flags can ripple in a vacuum and the U.S. one is doing so because an astronaut is moving the pole to which it is attached.

Camera crosshairs appear to be behind white objects in some images because the images bled slightly during development, like overexposed film. And why are the stars absent? They are too faint for the camera to pick up, according to Plait.

"From the very first moment to the last, the program is loaded with bad thinking, ridiculous suppositions and utterly wrong science," he said.

NASA adds another line of defense. The program never raised the issue of more than 800 pounds (363 kg) of lunar rocks that astronauts brought back to Earth.

"Geologists worldwide have been examining these samples for 30 years, and the conclusion is inescapable. The rocks could not have been collected or manufactured on Earth," the NASA site said.

The space agency has encountered other such theories since the landings took place. Why bother to respond to what most consider such harebrained ideas?

"I think it wasn't in respect to the show. It was an answer to the number of e-mails that we were getting as a result of the show," NASA spokesman Bob Jacobs said. Many of them came from elementary school teachers, who said their students had asked them about the show's claims.

PS. I borrowed this response from Mr. Stenger but I would say the exact same thing!

stenger report

YES!!!!!!! We landed on the Moon!!!!!!!

Z06 Parrot is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #44
SC-Razor
DC Crew
 
SC-Razor's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,142
Member #23839
Member since: Dec 2004
Location: GO HOGS!

My Corvette(s)
2000 Bowling Green Metallic Vert

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear Parrot,

Why was I stupid enough to fall for this thread and what is this obsession you have with large women and the dodge viper?

Your friend,

The Bandit
SC-Razor is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #45
Z06 Parrot
 
Posts: 0
Member #15527
Member since: Jul 2004

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by geno2552
Dear Parrot:

Was I wrong last evening in the restaurant when I passed gas (rather loudly) and immediately pointed out Mrs. Geno as the culprit to the other patrons?

Dear Geno,

No not at all!

Z06 Parrot is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:23 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved