George Bush..worst president... - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #16
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
So what do you all think, will George W Bush go down in history as the worst president of all time or just the worst of modern times.
Before deciding (or being the decider of) this question, think about this. Bush lead us into a 2 front war when the original war (Afganastan) was far from won. He led us into that war trying to convince us that A. There were weaponds of mass destruction (nukes was the implication) and B. Al Qieda was involved in Iraq before we invaded Iraq. Both of these issues have been proved wrong and evidence points to a plan put out by the Bush administration to use these points to go to war even knowing that these were false points. Bush then went on to claim victory in Iraq more than 3 years ago( the war still goes on and our people continue to suffer and die).
To defend its lies, the Bush administration, in an effort to punish a detractor of the Bush policy, exposed an active CIA opperative. This is an act of treason. George Bush promised that if anybody in his administration had acted improperly he would have them prosecuted. Instead when Scooter libby was convicted by a jury of his peers, Bush comuted his sentence.
Up until recently it seemed that the only thing that Bush could point to as a success, was a strong economy. Now economists say that the policies that George Bush put in place could cause a longer and deeper recesion than we have seen in a long time. That recesion seems to be starting now.
Some of Bush's other high points...his actions durring Katrina...Questionable elections...huge increase in spending...much larger government...demanded Osama Bin Laden captured dead or alive, then let him go in torra borra...etc. etc. etc.
We all need to think about this so that we don't make the same mistake. Maybe the guy that we would like to have a beer with isn't the best way to judge the guy who is gonna be our face to the world and make decisions that affect our future. Maybe we want a smart articulate president, not a stumbling fool that prides himself on his abbility to shred the english language. Left or right, liberal or conservative, I hope that we can as a people choose someone that we can for once be proud of and that can put this country back on a footing that befits the greatest country in the world and of all time.
That was stated very eloquently.......
Poncherello is offline   Quick reply to this message

Ain't THAT the mofo truth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #17
mrvette
Account Disabled.

Member #59755

My Corvette(s)
'72 hotrod custom

I don't think much of Bush2 here either, but when looking at any one of the other choices this time round, I"d rather he continue in office....serious....

Reagan was a welcom releif in a long parade of failed administrations.....the leading one of which was none other thannnn......

Jimmah Carter.....heads and shoulders the worst ever....bar NONE....

20% home interest rates, inflation through the roof, MOST botched up foreign policy EVER,

we STILL living with his fuckups....

and I am more scared of a carter2 than anything Bush2 has done....by FAR....

so where do we GO???

NONE of those dumb bastards have the brains to come in outta the rain....

Damn Lawyers all of them.....trained by the finest colleges to obfuscate the obvious to the obliviious.....
mrvette is offline   Quick reply to this message

GENE

IT is not the SIZE of the problem, but the perfection of the solution......

Airheads are immune to logic and common sense.

www.mrvette.shutterfly.com
Old 01-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #18
Barney 5
DC Crew

Member #60583

My Corvette(s)
'92 coupe, and it's RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfpreacher View Post

By the way... can anyone explain to me, where the hell the democrats are going to get the money for all these demarcate "freebie" give aways? .
From us working stiffs. Lord knows, we seem to be an endless source of money... Welcome to third world comunism..
Barney 5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
2012: "Hoping" for "Change".
Old 01-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #19
Barney 5
DC Crew

Member #60583

My Corvette(s)
'92 coupe, and it's RED!

[QUOTE=mrvette;1055005]

NONE of those dumb bastards have the brains to come in outta the rain....

QUOTE]

Oh boy howdy! What a bunch of hacks!
Barney 5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
2012: "Hoping" for "Change".
Old 01-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #20
duneripperxx
Account Disabled.

Member #34022

My Corvette(s)
black C4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I think he is the absolute worst President in my lifetime, certainly.

As a leader, he's lead us right into and endless array of shit storms, decision after decision, day after day.

On an intellectual note, I think the guy is just plain dumb as mud.

Whether you vote democrat or republican this time around, just make sure you vote for someone with experience in undoing shit-storms, because that's all they'll be doing for their term in office.

Right now I'm not sure which party, or which candidate is the answer.

Agreed,.........times infinity
duneripperxx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Can anyone here figure out why my sorry ass was banned?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #21
the machine
Account Disabled.

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Everything that has happened bad to our economy is DIRECTLy related to George Bush, not our Democratic house... oh no not that!
I hope that you are not blaming all the problems we are having on the democrats who have been in office for less than two years and do not hold a big enough majority to actualy do anything. (lets not continue to choose party over country) Bush has gotten his way on every bill, every executive order, and every stupid idea he has put forward, by hook or crook or signing statement. This totaly un challenged dictatorship is the problem. Democracy works best when there is give and take and negotiation. Thats why our forefathers made our government a shared power system. Unfortunatly the republican congress has walked lock step with this idiot to the detriment of the country and the republican party. I was a Republican and I am just ashamed of our party, first for shoving Bush down our throats over McKane, then by not controling him when it was obvious that he was an idiot and way over his head. I wish Ron Paul had a chance, and for that matter after the great Bush debacle I wish McKane had a chance.
the machine is offline   Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine......
Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #22
ghostchild
DC Crew

Member #5145

My Corvette(s)
Blue 1994 hard top convertible

my response to anybody who criticizes Bush has always been "i'd like to see you do a better job."

It's the most stressful job on the planet, your every move is open to criticism by everybody on the planet regardless of what you do, and probably 95% of Americans would run home crying after the first week.

I don't agree with every decision he's made, but I think he's far from the worst president we've ever had. A lot of the problems we're in can be traced back to the ground our good buddy billy boy laid down before Bush got there.

If you think Hillary's the answer, I hope you're happy 2 years from now when she's ruined everything.
ghostchild is offline   Quick reply to this message
...Without a care in this whole world...without a care in this life...it's what you take that makes it right.

Tell me, tell me what you're after....I just wanna get there faster.

Those who matter don't judge me, and those who judge me don't matter.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #23
Aleem 1983
DC Crew

Member #14577

My Corvette(s)
1995 Chevy Blazer (Sold) 2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 (Current)

My mother always said his speaches seem motivated by alcohol whenever he gets infront the camera. Honestly, he looks a little tips watching him on the tube. George is certainly the worst President we have ever seen. He's the demon that's responsible for fuel prices being the way they are. I don't understand, he makes plans to better the economy but defeats his purpose by making the decisions that he does. High horsepower cars could have well made their way into the future. Since when do we need a 35 MPG rule and this sudden interest in alternative fuels?. I understand new sources of energy would make it's way into the far future but this seems almost instant. In my opinion, it's what needs to be done for all his permanent destruction.
Aleem 1983 is offline   Quick reply to this message
"Not All Womens Minds Are Engineered With The Balanced Abilty To Compromise & Understand, So, Like Any Other Obstruction In The Road Of Life, You Have To Learn How To Steer Around Them"
Old 01-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #24
vfpreacher111
DC Crew

Member #61087

My Corvette(s)
69 stingray

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
vfpreacher111 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #25
duneripperxx
Account Disabled.

Member #34022

My Corvette(s)
black C4 vert

The whole Planet thinks Bush is a A hole.

PLANET

P

L

A

N

E

T
duneripperxx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Can anyone here figure out why my sorry ass was banned?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #26
The Shield
The Punisher

Member #9749

My Corvette(s)
1986 Z51 RED A4 coupe

It's always nice to see someone spell right.
The Shield is offline   Quick reply to this message
-The original point and click interface was Smith & Wesson!
-If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
-"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

HOCKEYTOWN, USA
--Guff--
Old 01-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #27
Not Inspiron
I have an Acer now.

Member #8604

My Corvette(s)
A tan bizzaro world edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleem 1983 View Post
George is certainly the worst President we have ever seen. He's the demon that's responsible for fuel prices being the way they are.
Are you being serious?
Not Inspiron is offline   Quick reply to this message
"Humans are here to do that jobs that machines cannot yet do"
Old 01-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #28
Aleem 1983
DC Crew

Member #14577

My Corvette(s)
1995 Chevy Blazer (Sold) 2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 (Current)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiron View Post
Are you being serious?
Well I would think so, hurricanes played a role and still has to this day as well as lack of production volume. Do you think this man could have done something to help this issue a little more?. He seems to be very proficient in anything else he chooses to do.
Aleem 1983 is offline   Quick reply to this message
"Not All Womens Minds Are Engineered With The Balanced Abilty To Compromise & Understand, So, Like Any Other Obstruction In The Road Of Life, You Have To Learn How To Steer Around Them"
Old 01-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
Turbo84
DC Crew

Member #54556

My Corvette(s)
1969 427 5spd, 1984 turbo 6spd

I have a hard time taking seriously the opinion of some of these guys who apparently were too stoned throughout the Carter administation to remember the mess he presided over (high inflation, high interest rates, Iranian Islamofascists pushing us around, etc). Your credibility takes a big hit there, guys. Also, can some of you take some time out from your rants to take an economics course? There sheer ignorance displayed regarding market forces and prices is astounding! Give us a break, and show some education or knowledge on stuff, rather than spouting out silliness.
Turbo84 is offline   Quick reply to this message
'69 LeMans Blue Coupe
427 ZL-1
Doug Nash 5 speed
C4 suspension
Wilwood brakes
(The corner pile in the barn of original and numbers-matching stuff continues to grow each week.)

'84 Blue Coupe Z51
355 turbo, aluminum heads
Richmond 6 speed

'51 Chevy Pickup (blue, of course)
350 single turbo
Turbo 400 trans
'85 Vette front suspension
'95 Vette rear suspension
Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #30
mongo
DC Crew

Member #4304

My Corvette(s)
2006 C6, Mont Red/Titanium, F55, MN6, NAV

And the original question was... "So what do you all think, will George W Bush go down in history as the worst president of all time or just the worst of modern times."

I think it's waaaay too soon to guess at this. History is fickle. There have been a lot of bad Presidents. Some, like Nixon, have committed criminal acts. Some have driven the country into economic ruin. History also changes according to who is in power. A lot of us thought Reagan was a moron who slept through 8 years and let others run the country. Now he's considered a genious. Go figure.

What do I personally think? I think he's been a terrible President. I always have to ask the question, "Are we better off today than we were when he was elected (I use the term loosely)?" Again, not in my opinion. Not his fault? The fault of Congress? Well, it was a Republican controlled body for the first 6 years of his administration that gave him everything he wanted and he didn't veto a single bill until the Democrats took control.

I don't like this President or this administration. I don't know if it's the worst in history, but I, for one, will be happy when it's over.
mongo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in