Both C4's and C5's come from the factory with halogen headlights (more info)
and fog lights installed. Halogens were OK back in it's time, but now almost every car manufacturer out there is calling HID (more info)
lighting the norm and is equipping their cars with HID's from the factory, due to their added safety benefits and multiple advantages over halogen lighting.
As many of us know, our stock Corvette lighting system is very underwhelming, and it can be downright dangerous to drive at night. Some of the benefits of HID over halogen are...
* Up to three times less wattage is used (HID = 35w, halogen = 55-100w)
* Up to four times more bright light produced (HID = 2400-3200lu, halogen = 800-1700lu)
* Up to ten times more intense light produced (HID = 202,500cd, halogen = 21,000cd)
* Up to six times longer lifespan (HID = 2500hr, halogen = 400hr)
* HID light contains less infrared and ultraviolet light, which fatigues the driver and surrounding motorists
* HID light illuminates the road with better contrast and more lifelike tones of color
* Halogen filaments naturally produce a color of 2300K to 4000K (2300K is yellowish, 4000K is whitish) Anything bluer requires the use of light-dimming color filters
* HID produces a natural color of 4100K to 6000K (4100K is daylight white, and 6000K is slightly bluish white) Anything bluer requires the use of light-dimming color filters
* HID lighting produces a wider and deeper beam pattern with razor sharp cut off lines
* HID has low lumen maintenance, meaning bulbs do not dim down as much towards the end of their lives
* HID has high flux properties, meaning light is very evenly distributed when installed properly
We are the first and only company that sells plug & play HID kits for the C4 that uses REAL projectors mounted inside the headlight bucket. We will not sell you HID bulbs for you to stick in your halogen headlights, because this is a dangerous practice and produces entirely too much glare for on-coming motorists, and is simply the wrong way to update your lights. Those kits can be found on eBay and are sold by the dozen.
Visit our site to learn more about the correct, safer way to update your Corvettes lighting system!
Educate yourself about HID's
HID Headlight Systems
HID Fog Light Systems
Stock lighting on the left, Our HID upgrade kit on the right.