Some interesting facts.... - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance



Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2004, 11:47 AM   #1
VPRSNAK
DC Crew
 
VPRSNAK's Avatar
 
Posts: 995
Member #1717
Member since: Jul 2003
Location: Plainfield, IL

My Corvette(s)
01 triple black vert

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Some interesting facts....

"Bush the Worst President?
The Worst President?

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war.
They complain about his prosecution of it. They point out that
Iraq didn't attack the U.S. and we shouldn't have went to war
with them.
One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in
U.S. history.

Most of these claims come from liberals in the Democratic party.
Being an Independent I decided to take a look at history and see
if using that criteria who else could be called the "worst" president.

FDR ( a democrat) led us into World War II against Germany, Italy, and Japan.
Neither Germany or Italy ever attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.
That's 1 Democratic President, 4 years and 450,000 American lives

Harry Truman (a democrat) finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.
That's 1 Democratic President, 3 years, and 55,000 American lives.

John F. Kennedy (a democrat) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.
Lyndon B. Johnson (a democrat) turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Finally in the 1970's
Richard Nixon (a republican) pulled us out of Vietnam.
That's 2 Democratic Presidents, 1 Republican President, 13 years, and 58,000 American lives.

Bill Clinton went to war in Bosnia WITHOUT UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.
The Clinton administration was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured Sadaam Hussein, who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
We lost about 600 soldiers, an average of 200 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.
That's 1 Republican President, 2 1/2 years, and about 600 American lives.

Then the Democrats complained about how long the war on terror is taking,but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it TOOK JANET RENO TO TAKE THE
BRANCH DAVIDIAN C0MPOUND! THAT WAS A 51 DAY OPERATION!

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for LESS TIME THAN IT TOOK HILLARY CLINTON TO LOCATE THE ROSE LAW FIRM RECORDS IN HER OWN OFFICE!

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took TED KENNEDY TO CALL THE POLICE AND GIVE HIMSELF UP AFTER HE HAD AN ACCIDENT WHILE DRUNK AND SANK HIS OLDSMOBILE IN THE CHAPPAQUIDIK RIVER KILLING THE YOUNG LADY WHO WAS HIS PASSENGER!

And Finally...
IT TOOK LESS TIME FOR THE U.S. MILITARY TO TAKE IRAQ THAN IT DID TO COUNT THE VOTES IN FLORIDA IN 2000!!!!

But for some reason the Democrats didn't complain about how long any of that took! Hmmm....."
VPRSNAK is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Vette Vert
Viper GTS
Viper RT/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-20-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
Delgado
Banned.
 
Delgado's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,920
Member #9006
Member since: Feb 2004
Location: Nor-Cal

My Corvette(s)
2003 Z06 all black,85 coupe, 66 roadster....sold the 05 4/10/06

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Will you marry me Tracy. And yea what she said

Rep.--><-- Dem.
Delgado is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2004, 06:43 PM   #3
69MyWay
DC Crew
 
69MyWay's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,751
Member #2007
Member since: Aug 2003
Location: Clinton, IL

My Corvette(s)
Vetteless in the Midwest...at least for now

Thanks: 13
Thanked 99 Times in 76 Posts
Thank you!
69MyWay is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
Patrick
DC Crew
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Posts: 53,209
Member #1
Member since: Jan 2003
Location: Arizona / USA!

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Thanks: 20
Thanked 97 Times in 73 Posts
Re: Some interesting facts....

Quote:
Originally posted by VPRSNAK
[B]One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in
U.S. history.
A lot of republicans too.

Quote:
In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries
What is your definition of liberated?

Quote:
, crushed the Taliban,
Yep, still haven't caught there leader and we still continue to fight them every day over in Afghanistan. So much for crushed.

Quote:
crippled al-Qaida,
That's funny, even George Bush wouldn't say such a thing.

Quote:
We lost about 600 soldiers, an average of 200 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.
But didn't stop 9/11 from happening.

Quote:
It took less time to take Iraq than it TOOK JANET RENO TO TAKE THE
BRANCH DAVIDIAN C0MPOUND! THAT WAS A 51 DAY OPERATION!
You must be joking we still don't even remotely have a foothold over there. How many "new" Iraqi leaders will be assasinated this week?

Quote:
We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for LESS TIME THAN IT TOOK HILLARY CLINTON TO LOCATE THE ROSE LAW FIRM RECORDS IN HER OWN OFFICE!
Ok, now this is getting silly.
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
Dan85Vette
DC Crew
 
Dan85Vette's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,699
Member #9092
Member since: Feb 2004
Location: VA

My Corvette(s)
'85 Vette - 383 TPI

Thanks: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
The Washington Times had a clip (or may be it was Yahoo.com) that said Bill Clinton thinks the Iraq War had bad timing....

#1: First they said the War shouldn't have even begun

#2: When there's a group of folks who are in the planning stages and could strike at a moment's notice with WMD's when exactly is the right time??? ASAP!!!!

Clinton, grab your ankles cause Captain Faggo has been sent to give you what you deserve!!!
Dan85Vette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2004, 11:22 PM   #6
redls1c5
DC Crew
 
redls1c5's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,091
Member #1209
Member since: Jun 2003
Location: Illinois

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC Torch Red

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
During all of the stated military actions, the U.S. was defending it's interests from an active attacker. Iraq was not in the process of attcking anyone when we invaded. Some of us moderates think it was unnecessary too.
redls1c5 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Proud to be DC's first Gold Supporting Member -
Old 06-20-2004, 11:34 PM   #7
CorvetteInfo
History
 
Posts: 0
Member #6073
Member since: Dec 2003
Location: United States

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Really???

Quote:
Originally posted by redls1c5
During all of the stated military actions, the U.S. was defending it's interests from an active attacker... Iraq was not in the process of attcking anyone when we invaded...
Seeing how I had to spend a year of my youth on that issue, perhaps you could enlighten me as to exactly when & how the North Vietnamese attacked the U.S. in Vietnam.

Best of my recollection, the Vietnamese drove the French out and the U.S. asserted dominance.

1950
The U.S., recognizing Boa Dai's regime as legitimate, begins to subsidize the French in Vietnam; the Chinese Communists, having won their civil war in 1949, begin to supply weapons to the Viet Minh.

August 3, 1950
A U.S. Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) of 35 men arrives in Saigon. By the end of the year, the U.S. is bearing half of the cost of France's war effort in Vietnam.

May 7, 1954
The French are defeated at Dien Bien Phu. General Vo Nguyen Giap commands the Viet Minh forces. France is forced to withdraw. The French-indochina War ends.

June, 1954
The CIA establishes a military mission in Saigon.

July 20, 1954
The Geneva Conference on Indochina declares a demilitarized zone at the 17th parallel with the North under Communist rule and the South under the leadership of Prime Minister Ngo Dinh Diem.

October 24, 1954
President Dwight D. Eisenhower pledges support to Diem's government and military forces.

1955
The U.S.-backed Ngo Dinh Diem organizes the Republic of Vietnam as an independent nation; declares himself president.

1956
Fighting begins between the North and the South.

July 8, 1959
The first American combat deaths in Vietnam occur when Viet Cong attack Bien Hoa billets; two servicemen are killed.

With the U.S. being constantly shot at by missles in the no-fly zones, how is Iraq any different than Vietnam, when it comes to U.S. interests and being attacked????

TIA
D
CorvetteInfo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2004, 05:37 AM   #8
SilverBear
DC Crew
 
Posts: 4,766
Member #4953
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: No Corvette Land

My Corvette(s)
Rear-ended, repaired, and sold

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Really???

Quote:
Originally posted by c5d
...With the U.S. being constantly shot at by missles in the no-fly zones, how is Iraq any different than Vietnam, when it comes to U.S. interests and being attacked????

TIA
D


Thanks for keeping us straight on the facts, D!

UDAMAN!

SilverBear is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Out of Corvette ownership...it was rear-ended in December 2006, and is now gone.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:37 AM   #9
redls1c5
DC Crew
 
redls1c5's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,091
Member #1209
Member since: Jun 2003
Location: Illinois

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC Torch Red

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the comparison of Iraq to Vietnam..... Senseless waste of time, money and lives. They're a perfect match.
redls1c5 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Proud to be DC's first Gold Supporting Member -
Old 06-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #10
RF Hayes
DC Crew
 
Posts: 477
Member #4942
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: 0000000

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Some interesting facts....

Quote:
Originally posted by VPRSNAK
"Bush the Worst President?
The Worst President?

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war.
They complain about his prosecution of it. They point out that
Iraq didn't attack the U.S. and we shouldn't have went to war
with them.
One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in
U.S. history.

Most of these claims come from liberals in the Democratic party.
Being an Independent I decided to take a look at history and see
if using that criteria who else could be called the "worst" president.
Quote:
FDR ( a democrat) led us into World War II against Germany, Italy, and Japan.
Neither Germany or Italy ever attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.
That's 1 Democratic President, 4 years and 450,000 American lives [/B]
Germany invaded Poland and threatened all of Europe and actually spread the war to North Africa Russia and the Mid East. FDR did not "Lead us into a war" Hitler made it impossible for us to stay out of it even if we tried, when he attacked and sunk Atlantic shipping vessels


Quote:
Harry Truman (a democrat) finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.
That's 1 Democratic President, 3 years, and 55,000 American lives. [/B]
North Korea crossed the 38th parrelel and attacked South Korea, an Ally

Quote:
John F. Kennedy (a democrat) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.
Lyndon B. Johnson (a democrat) turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year. [/B]
JFK did not start the war in Veitnam. That war had been going on in one shape or another since the Japanese attacked it during WWII. Remember the newscasts that started with, "Today in Indo China" That was the Vietnam war!

Quote:
Finally in the 1970's
Richard Nixon (a republican) pulled us out of Vietnam.
That's 2 Democratic Presidents, 1 Republican President, 13 years, and 58,000 American lives. [/B]
Whats your point here?

Quote:
Bill Clinton went to war in Bosnia WITHOUT UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.
The Clinton administration was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions. [/B]
Bosnia was a UN action!!

Osama bin Laden's head ..... by Sudan

Fiction, propaganda, urban legend, what ever you want to call it, the more it's repeated, the more it's believed. It never happened!



Quote:
In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured Sadaam Hussein, who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
We lost about 600 soldiers, an average of 200 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.
That's 1 Republican President, 2 1/2 years, and about 600 American lives. [/B]
Your numbers are way off and you did not even mention the wounded which is over 4000 . In fact more have died since Dubyas declaration "Mission acomplished" than during the initial invasion.

And where are these "Liberated" countries? You can't mean Iraq and Afganistan!

al-Qaida is international and no where near being crippled

Yes many terrorist attacks have been prevented since 911 and many more were prevented before 911 by many other administrations for many years. Not surprisingly, that's been the policy for a long time. But perhaps using your criteria, GWB should be blamed for 911??

I don't think so.!!!


Quote:
Then the Democrats complained about how long the war on terror is taking,but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it TOOK JANET RENO TO TAKE THE
BRANCH DAVIDIAN C0MPOUND! THAT WAS A 51 DAY OPERATION! [/B]
Completly irrelevant to the subject

Quote:
We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for LESS TIME THAN IT TOOK HILLARY CLINTON TO LOCATE THE ROSE LAW FIRM RECORDS IN HER OWN OFFICE! [/B]
Completly irrelevant to the subject

Quote:
It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took TED KENNEDY TO CALL THE POLICE AND GIVE HIMSELF UP AFTER HE HAD AN ACCIDENT WHILE DRUNK AND SANK HIS OLDSMOBILE IN THE CHAPPAQUIDIK RIVER KILLING THE YOUNG LADY WHO WAS HIS PASSENGER! [/B]
Completly irrelevant to the subject, we are talking about "the worst president"

Quote:
And Finally...
IT TOOK LESS TIME FOR THE U.S. MILITARY TO TAKE IRAQ THAN IT DID TO COUNT THE VOTES IN FLORIDA IN 2000!!!!

But for some reason the Democrats didn't complain about how long any of that took! Hmmm....." [/B]
They didn't???

you should check your sources again!!!
RF Hayes is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2004, 07:22 PM   #11
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel
 
Poncherello's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,770
Member #5040
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: In transition

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Thanks: 2
Thanked 422 Times in 285 Posts
Re: Re: Some interesting facts....

Quote:
Originally posted by RF Hayes



many more were prevented before 911 by many other administrations for many years.
And how do you know that to be true? Because between 1993 and 2001 there were several key attacks on American soil........WTC twice, US embassies, USS Cole.

I only know of one incident that was prevented, in NYC, and that was done by the local police, not the Clinton administration. That was plot to blow up a NYC Subway Station by Muslim extremists in Brooklyn.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9708/02/brooklyn.bomb.pm/
Poncherello is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message


Ain't THAT the mofo truth
Old 06-24-2004, 07:37 PM   #12
cosmo
 
cosmo's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,035
Member #3033
Member since: Oct 2003
Location: near boston

My Corvette(s)
91 conv white on white

Thanks: 33
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
who owns the washington times

Quote:
Originally posted by dan85Vette
The Washington Times had a clip (or may be it was Yahoo.com) that said Bill Clinton thinks the Iraq War had bad timing....

#1: First they said the War shouldn't have even begun

#2: When there's a group of folks who are in the planning stages and could strike at a moment's notice with WMD's when exactly is the right time??? ASAP!!!!

Clinton, grab your ankles cause Captain Faggo has been sent to give you what you deserve!!!
cosmo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #13
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000
 
Roadkillz's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,513
Member #820
Member since: Apr 2003
Location: Altadena/California/USA

Thanks: 4
Thanked 51 Times in 46 Posts
FDR leading us into WWII doesnt exactly match.

Yes these liberals in teh democratic party are showing a high amount of political biasness.

But FDR has my respect greatly.

Italy and Germany were allies with each other and after Japan bombed pearl harbor Germany declared war on us.

The Korean war was all the UN, I would go into that but it would help if more people had knowledge of that war or most wont know what Im talking about.

And Trumans choice to end WWII in Japan with the atomic bomb wasnt that bad of an idea. First off at that time no one knew how powerful those bombs were excpet the ones that built it. Truman was faced with a choice, drop these magical bombs to end WWII with no more US deaths. Or invade Japan, ithe plan for the invasion of Japan consisted of using chem. and bio. weapons and the est. showed that in that invasion alone 1,000,000 US troops would die and 5,000,000 japanese mainly civilians would die.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2004, 08:35 PM   #14
VPRSNAK
DC Crew
 
VPRSNAK's Avatar
 
Posts: 995
Member #1717
Member since: Jul 2003
Location: Plainfield, IL

My Corvette(s)
01 triple black vert

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Some interesting facts....

Quote:
Originally posted by RF Hayes
Germany invaded Poland and threatened all of Europe and actually spread the war to North Africa Russia and the Mid East. FDR did not "Lead us into a war" Hitler made it impossible for us to stay out of it even if we tried, when he attacked and sunk Atlantic shipping vessels




North Korea crossed the 38th parrelel and attacked South Korea, an Ally



JFK did not start the war in Veitnam. That war had been going on in one shape or another since the Japanese attacked it during WWII. Remember the newscasts that started with, "Today in Indo China" That was the Vietnam war!



Whats your point here?



Bosnia was a UN action!!

Osama bin Laden's head ..... by Sudan

Fiction, propaganda, urban legend, what ever you want to call it, the more it's repeated, the more it's believed. It never happened!





Your numbers are way off and you did not even mention the wounded which is over 4000 . In fact more have died since Dubyas declaration "Mission acomplished" than during the initial invasion.

And where are these "Liberated" countries? You can't mean Iraq and Afganistan!

al-Qaida is international and no where near being crippled

Yes many terrorist attacks have been prevented since 911 and many more were prevented before 911 by many other administrations for many years. Not surprisingly, that's been the policy for a long time. But perhaps using your criteria, GWB should be blamed for 911??

I don't think so.!!!




Completly irrelevant to the subject



Completly irrelevant to the subject



Completly irrelevant to the subject, we are talking about "the worst president"



They didn't???

you should check your sources again!!!
Chill!!!! I didn[t write this, someone else did. That's why it's in quotations. Sorry I don't know who the author is, or I would have posted the name.
VPRSNAK is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Vette Vert
Viper GTS
Viper RT/10
Old 06-24-2004, 09:15 PM   #15
RF Hayes
DC Crew
 
Posts: 477
Member #4942
Member since: Nov 2003
Location: 0000000

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Some interesting facts....

Quote:
Originally posted by poncherello
And how do you know that to be true? Because between 1993 and 2001 there were several key attacks on American soil........WTC twice, US embassies, USS Cole.

I only know of one incident that was prevented, in NYC, and that was done by the local police, not the Clinton administration. That was plot to blow up a NYC Subway Station by Muslim extremists in Brooklyn.

Just speaking of 1999

This is from the US Dept of Justice
Federal Bureau of Investigation

The FBI recorded ten terrorist incidents, two suspected terrorist incidents and seven terrorist preventions in the United states during 1999. In addition, several terrorists where aprehended and prosecuted during the year.

You can read all about it here.

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/terror/terror99.pdf

I'm sure you can find more like this for differnt years. It only took about 30 seconds to find this one.
RF Hayes is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:24 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved