Display Case - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > General Corvette Topics > Corvette Diecast, Slot Cars, Toys and Collectibles
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Corvette Diecast, Slot Cars, Toys and Collectibles
Corvette Diecast | Corvette Slot Cars | Corvette Collectibles | New Products

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-25-2019, 02:47 PM   #1
1speedy77
DC Crew

Member #16530

My Corvette(s)
1977 1993 2001

Display Case

I have been collecting the 1/32 scale corvettes that was put out in memory of Zora Arkus Duntov. I now have a full set of these cars and have been looking for the display case that was made for these.If somebody has one they want to sell, please let me know.You can email me at [email protected]
1speedy77 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
1speedy77
DC Crew

Member #16530

My Corvette(s)
1977 1993 2001

This is what the display case looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B87D5AD3-61B4-49A9-959B-8003736587E8_1548640975901.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	23776  
1speedy77 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2019, 04:01 AM   #3
The Torch
DC PIT CREW BOSS

Member #799

My Corvette(s)
2004 Black/Mod Red-Z06

That's cool that you have them all. Good luck finding the case
The Torch is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RACING...Because with baseball, football, basketball, tennis, and golf, you only need one ball

I used to think that I had learned patience as I got older. Then I realized that I just didn't give a shit

Old 01-29-2019, 03:47 AM   #4
bodysurfin child
DC Crew

Member #129505

My Corvette(s)
03 all black convertible

No help here, sorry. Just some questions, hidden in the pile.

From what I know of collecting, original sales displays are tough, but I am sure you know that.

I would be interested in what a guy has to do to get hands on stuff like that, besides to ask at every on line corvette forum. Good luck, by the way.

I clicked in because of the unusual scale, 1/32. In toy trains, the "s" scale, the american flyer scale, If I remember correctly.

I have a small collection (hoard?) of 1/32 slot cars, I am curious about your models, this is the first I have heard of them.

Kind of surprising to me, I would have thought with all the ways to monetize corvette lust, I would have been made aware via an offer to buy. I've seen and not purchased, corvette trains, clocks, christmas ceramic trees, you know the deal. Corvettes and betty boop seem to have a lot of the same fan base down at the collectable cookie jar store.

I recently was at the auto show, where I asked about a small C5 model , and was told no dice, by the guy who has a toy car business that follows car shows. I suppose the flip up headlights are tough to do in a small scale for small money.

Who , where and how are my questions about your cars. Who made the cars and when? Were these a special release, or a mass market toy? How did you buy them? How do they look to you? Are they toylike, or more of a modeled attempt at the shapes? My computer wouldn't enlarge the posted image well.

For instance, I have a C5 convertible slot car made for a spanish slot car club, but it was sold all over the world as a limited edition, with only the paint different from all the other cars from the same mold. If I loose the cardboard that says it is a collector edition , I am out of luck, it is just like the non collector editions, save for the red color.

I don't have a "collection" collection , if I have anything collectable, it is by accident. I do enjoy the cars I have, with a handful of C5's on hand.

Good thing I didn't have a real C5 at the time, or I probably would be up to my ass in toy cars if the two desires had intersected back then.

I added digital lights to two C5 in race liveries, I dig lighted models, plus it makes them easy to find when they fly off the track in the dark.

They have little capacitors that charge the lights , so the brightness is independent of the voltage to the car, and the brake lights get brighter when you lift the throttle. THen I have a safety car C5, with sequential colored lights on the roof and inside the back window, that one came stock with safety lights, but no front or tail lights. I also have a couple of c5 convertibles, with two female figures inside , known, informally, as the thelma and louise car. All from the Fly or GT slot car company.

I also have some other slot car GM stuff. I gave up looking for a 1/32 scale early corvette, to run with a white 57 T bird hard top with an american griffitti style blonde, waving from behind the wheel.

Is there a way to purchase a 1/32 57 vette in your collectable stuff, or to your knowledge?

I still enjoy the stuff, but for no reason. It was a plot to have a common play interest with my son, now grown.

The slot car stuff sure would blow a young kids mind, if grand kids ever makes the scene. This crap is space intensive, not just pixels on a screen.

I kind of lost interest in finding small scale C5's. I had thought to either build a slot cat out of the body or use them as an add on display for a certain cruise night, in the category of most fun.

Show and shine is not my deal, but I do try to participate . A stick shift convertible vette is a fun car, a few props might set it apart from just another used chevy. The slot cars couldn't be left unattended, I need care free.

I used to see a merchandiser when he was starting a slot car line . HE was used as an investment grade consultant of slot cars, and ran a place called electric dreams. HE might be retired by now, but the store is still on the web, and he might be able to suggest a good contact.
bodysurfin child is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in